It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HPD: Fake Census takers kill man in home invasion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

HPD: Fake Census takers kill man in home invasion

www.chron.com

One man was killed in a home invasion where the attackers posed at Census takers, Houston police said.

At least three men, possibly four, forced their way Saturday afternoon into a home in the 400 block of Truman, near Yale, in north Houston.

Reginald Haynes, who lived at the home, died in the attack.

Once the attackers were inside the house, they tied up and assaulted the family who lives there, said Steve Straughter, Houston Police Department homicide investigator.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
abclocal.go.com

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
This story speaks for itself. Volumes.

There's also the ABC link as well.

I see this as one more reason to always ask to present credentials before allowing any strangers at the door to convince you to unlock. This was the scene from "A Clockwork Orange" with different costumes. "Excuse me, Mrs... will you please help, there's been a terrible accident."

www.chron.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Since the sheeple are brainwashed to obey authority, and it is a crime not to do so, how does the average citizen distinguish between "real" authority and impostors?

People could dress up in police uniforms, swat team uniforms, nice suits, fake badges, and pretend to be IRS / FBI / ATF agents, and with minor acting skills get full, complete access to a person's home and/or all their personal, sensitive information.

Matter of fact, I have heard of a group of men wearing outfits that looked like SWAT team successfully invade a home in Texas, and it was only after the family that lived there was allowed by them to get up from the floor as they left that they had a few minutes to put 2 + 2 together and realize they had been robbed. This was on the local news for about a minute, then never spoken of again.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
One should always assume that evil doers are about. Because they are! I prefer to keep a perimeter around my home with a six foot chain link fence with locked gates. My chow dog enjoys roaming freely within that area. The Jehovah Witnesses would just leave their literature rolled up in the gate until they tired of it.

Not everyone enjoys these blessings, but there are always ways to be prepared. Mostly, expect trouble, then if it does find you, you will be prepared to fight back.

new topics

top topics

join