It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Film 'Machete' will evoke race war

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The Doomsayer has yelled down from the mountain top, and shake the hornets nest of fear and carnage to his indoctrinated followers. Alex Jones is just spewing more hot air as he tends to do from time to time, when he feels the need to get back on everyone's radar screen. Perhaps, he is the Jessie Jackson of the conspiracy movement, and just like Jackson, always seeking attention, a camera, and a microphone. The guy is funny, and at one time I used to listen to his show daily. However, the more I listened, the more he began to get further off the wagon and unhinged.

In other words, he seems nuttier than a Snickers bar. That is just my personal opinion of the man. Although I do have a guilty pleasure of watching his rants for some laughs from time to time. With the controversy surrounding the new immigration law in Arizona, and illegal immigration as whole in this country, he has found something to parasitically feed off of.

In regards to the topic at hand, he is really pouring it on heavy with calling out the new trailer of "Machete," as encouraging a race war? He is making Mt. Everest out of a mole hill. Just more phony fear being spewed by Jones to all his loyal fear-mongers. He ought to be the new Jim Jones of the conspiracy movement, because he has some devoutly loyal followers, regardless of how cockamamie his claims are.

So, I saw the trailer for myself, and I have to say it is actually funny. It so over the top it seems like a modern day Grindhouse movie from the 70's. I found nothing threatening by the Cinco de Mayo clip, and the movie actually looks kind of funny. I may go see it to get a few laughs. Mr. Jones needs to stuff his Puritanical garbage, and allow people to see the movie for themselves, or at least show the clip before going into another one of his rants. He did not even show the clip before talking, and only showed when Danny Trejo said "this is Machete, with a special Cinco de Mayo message, to Arizona."

To me, I thought he was being quite deceptive by how he presented his argument, and it was as though he was trying to make his listeners and viewers minds up for them? To cut a long story short, go watch the clip yourself and see the movie. After viewing make up an opinion of your own, and throw AJ's in the trash because it is just more fear-mongering and deception.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Jakes51]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
did i say anything about a race war?

i was referring to their singling out Arizona in the trailer. its bad enough they talk about it on every television and radio station. i think its low and they should get off the hype-wagon. its a bunch of unneeded moronic slander that is spreading through every aspect of society like a cancer.

i think its wrong to single out a state, for any reason. i mean come on boycotts? movie trailers? for what? none of these people even live there.

and i think the governors latest little youtube thing is just as stupid, its become a ridiculous national publicity stunt. its just more hype, the media is doing the same thing with the tea party....you have all of these shows and reporters that have noting to do with it just hijacking it for rating$.

Arizona voted. get over it. if you want to change it move there and vote.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by LurkerMan]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

Well, if only history repeats itself, this time would be a good one.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I think Robert is enjoying a good excuse for free publicity and Alex Jones needs to get out a little more. The movie has been in production ever since it was a fake trailer in the "Grindhouse" double feature. According to a Fangoria article it was all but done long before this bill ever came up and according to IMDB...

Robert Rodriguez wrote the script back in 1993 after he wrote Desperado

I am sure he is incorporating what is going on to sell more tickets but this is being framed as an entire movement against Arizona when it is really...

... just a movie.

p.s. Eli Roth says he does intend to make "Thanksgiving" if he ever gets the free time to do something so stupid that no one would fund.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by K J Gunderson]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Sorry, but all the trailer's Ive seen posted are the fake "Grindhouse" trailer.

The new trailer does have Danny Trejo saying "this is Machete, with a special cinco de mayo message, TO ARIZONA".

[edit on 9-5-2010 by ZombieJesus]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
awesome, I can't wait to see this movie!

Raw Story

[edit on 10-5-2010 by Vicious Jones]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I can't wait for this man.... Loved the Trailer on planet terror and love the whole grindhouse revival thing too.

This movie will be so good.... or so bad it's good, either way, it'll rock.

And If people start a race war because of this film then they're morons and would probably have started one anyway...

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
OMG!!! Don Johnson is in it!!!

On the serious side...yeah, the Don is in it. So I will try and watch it. That being said, I agree with Alex that it is a bit on the racist side. I doubt it'll incite a race war - in itself - but considering the situation on the border, it might be long overdue, whether we want it or not. And this movie portraying all whites as evil badguys doesn't help the situation.

Omg.... Don Johnson is in it. I can't wait to watch it. He's so badass.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by David_Reale]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by David_Reale
And this movie portraying all whites as evil badguys doesn't help the situation.

I never got the impression from the movie that all whites are evil. I got the impression that imperialist men with money and powere are evil. That and that Don is in it.

Then again, when the face of white people becomes Jeff Fahey, I am less willing to defend the face of white people.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by K J Gunderson]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Hey, you gotta respect the guy who got to blow up Sonny Crockett's Ferrari with a Stinger.

But, yeah, you're right. It doesn't really give that impression exactly - I might have presumed that, which I shouldn't. But the trailer does give a picture of "whites" vs a sh...very large amount of "latinos", a sort of "us vs. them" scenario, even if the whites are imperialists in this case.

Of course, I haven't seen the movie, so I can't say for sure yet, but if it starts looking anything like what Alex is telling us, I'll be cringing quite a bit.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

we need to boycott this movie and all the actors in this film! they think they can get away with making movies like this? I am a real american and this type of moving showing minorities gaining power to strike out against the upper class is disturbing to say the least. this kind of movie sends the message that its ok to strike out against those who are successful in society and who are at the top of the social ladder. movies that encourage any kind of revolutionary or terrorist activity should be banned and the directors writers actors arrested. This movie is the kind that lets the lower classes think its ok to act out, then the next thing is they start to get wild and out of control. This is the land of freedom and I wont stand to see our flag burned by these liberals who want to make movies that hurt the only class left who work hard in this country. We have a military why cant we simply tack whoever watches this and put them in a camp or in jail? So much easier to re educate them on what being an american is and not to bite the hand that feeds you. America is founded and has always been a society of freedom, clearly movies like this are a reason we need to ban them from being made by arresting all those involved. This kind of movie cant be allowed to be seen by the unwashed masses. Its bad enough we dont have a law against those below the poverty line owning guns. This movie I hope will force our legislators to ban people below the poverty line from gun ownership. Anyone who cares about america works hard for a living and this kind of movie just makes them want to lash out against the rich who built this great country we call home.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tigpoppa

If your post is serious then It's one of the most ignorant and ridiculous I've ever read on this site.

I don't even know where to start.... :shk:

[edit on 11/5/10 by blupblup]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
So that's Alex Jones, huh? Heard of him, first I've heard from him. He's a moron. For someone that knows RR he sure doesn't know his work. He's provocative and funny. Alex, grow a pair.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Hey, you gotta respect the guy who got to blow up Sonny Crockett's Ferrari with a Stinger.

But, yeah, you're right. It doesn't really give that impression exactly - I might have presumed that, which I shouldn't. But the trailer does give a picture of "whites" vs a sh...very large amount of "latinos", a sort of "us vs. them" scenario. Of course, I haven't seen the movie, so I can't say for sure yet, but if it starts looking anything like what Alex is telling us, I'll be cringing quite a bit.

There is a real good chance I am looking at it a different way. For one thing, I do not believe that all whites support current or past immigration law and I saw no Mexicans in the movie attacking random white folks. I only saw a plot to kill an important man that was a setup by another important man and now there will be revenge. I never imagined he was going to get revenge on all white people for what happened in the movie.

I will admit the addition of this Arizona bashing hype has changed the tone but I just never see it as war against whites, just certain evil white men.

But my perception may be skewed because when I was in high school, I was one out of a few white kids in a very bad bad bad bad bad neighborhood where white people were not welcome. During my 3 years there, "Malcom X" came out and their was a schoolwide fieldtrip to see it in rented out theaters. The Rodney King verdict went down and we had a small riot at school then in the city that targeted any white. We also watched "Roots" in TWO different classes.

After all that, a movie like this will need to go a long way to make me feel targeted or threatened as a white person but...that is just me. I am sure many people saw different things.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Well, hey, either way I'd rather you're right than me.
Before I saw the new trailer and that Arizona bashing crap, I figured it'd be a cool movie, so I really hope it'll turn out to be just that.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by David_Reale

I pretty much agree but I have enough faith in Rodriguez that he would not scrap the entire movie he has been trying to make 17 years just to piss off Arizona. I could be wrong but I hope so. Besides, I hate to see anything taint the pretty Alba girl's career.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Hahaha, that's pretty much how I feel about the movie in regard to the Don and his career.

And you're probably right about Rodriguez too, even if the Arizona statement pissed me off. He doesn't seem an evil guy, really.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Hahaha, that's pretty much how I feel about the movie in regard to the Don and his career.

As long as none of us are worried about Fahey, that is all that matters. Just kidding, what he has done for '70s retro I guess makes up for the taint of a lawnmower man.

And you're probably right about Rodriguez too, even if the Arizona statement pissed me off. He doesn't seem an evil guy, really.

I understand that Robert is pretty in touch with his Mexican heritage and all so I do not doubt he has strong feelings on this and all. It just boils down to selling tickets to me and I think Arizona played right into his hands. Back in the '50s and the '70s we had movies promoted as the most this and the most that. They were "guaranteed to" fill in the blank - scare you to death, upset you, make you insane, cause you to walk out, etc. So now I see this '70s grindhouse style film subtly being promoted as guaranteed to piss some people off. I think it will only help.

Further I just do not take this well coming from Alex. I do not trust him much to begin with but from all the years of listening to him, I have to believe he knows better than this. He knows that movies like "Rosemary's Baby" sold way more tickets because so many people were out being so vocal about how it should NOT be seen. This happens all the time with movies. Protest it and they will come. I am sure that even if Robert was a Chinese/Arizonan, he would relish any opportunity to stir up protest.

Maybe I am just tainted by too many movies though and he did rework the whole movie to provoke a race war and now all the white folks in the movie are dead or ex-patriots and Tarantino is nervously weighing his options before he hears the gunshots getting close.

Either or, it is just my opinion and not sure it is worth much.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join