It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Militaey Patches!!!! encrypted messages ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
There's a guy named Trevor Paglen. His obsession is military patches, the kind you wear on your sleeve. Many military programs are top secret and only identifiable by two things: 1. An undescribed line item on a Department of Defense expense report. 2. A military patch. He has written a book entitled "I Could Tell You But Then You Would Have To Be Destroyed By Me" (the emblem on a particular patch he has uncovered). The book is nothing but a giant compendium of some of the bizarre, strange, and often very funny top secret military patches the man has discovered:

CIA paparazzo Trevor Paglen is a thorn in Uncle Sam's side. Known for snapping telephoto candids of CIA planes and Area 51, the artist also gathers "patch intel," which he's collected in this provocative book (main title: "I Could Tell You But Then You Would Have To Be Destroyed By Me"). The fruit of several Freedom of Information Act requests, Paglen's book proves that classified black opps concoct esoteric team insignias just like other military divisions. The photo-driven work presents 75 de-classified patches with colorful eagles, skulls, swords, dragons, wizards and even aliens (!). Surveying iconography that was never intended for your eyes is both exhilarating and frustrating. Decoding them is often impossible, which only leads back to the obvious: How else are our tax dollars being spent in secret? Unlike grainy, questionable YouTube clips of UFOs, Big Foot and Loch Ness, in this case, seeing guarantees believing.

From Amazon.com:

Shown here for the first time, these sixty patches reveal a secret world of military imagery and jargon, where classified projects are known by peculiar names ("Goat Suckers," "None of Your #ing Business," "Tastes Like Chicken") and illustrated with occult symbols and ridiculous cartoons. Although the actual projects represented here (such as the notorious Area 51) are classified, these patches--which are worn by military units working on classified missions--are precisely photographed, strangely hinting at a world about which little is known.

By submitting hundreds of Freedom of Information requests, the author has also assembled an extensive and readable guide to the patches included here, making this volume one of the best available surveys of the military's black world--a $27 billion industry that has quietly grown by almost 50 percent since 9/11.

Trevor Paglen is a geographer by training, and an expert on clandestine military installations. He leads expeditions to the secret bases of the American West and is the author, with A.C. Thompson, of Torture Taxi: On the Trail of the CIA's Rendition Flights, which The New York Times praised as "the real thing . . . and not on the evening news."

The New York Times has a story (and especially check out the slide show linked therein):

It is, according to a new book, part of the hidden reality behind the Pentagon's classified, or "black," budget that delivers billions of dollars to stealthy armies of high-tech warriors. The book offers a glimpse of this dark world through a revealing lens -- patches -- the kind worn on military uniforms.

"It's a fresh approach to secret government," Steven Aftergood, a security expert at the Federation of American Scientists in Washington, said in an interview. "It shows that these secret programs have their own culture, vocabulary and even sense of humor."

so the link for the patches dont work but here are some that i googled so go ahead and have a look and feel free to speculate on the meaning ,also you can youtube this fellow and watch his very intresting videos and watch him decipher these coded patches ... p.s pardon my spelling

blog.craftzine.com...
here is another intresting patch i found
www.cabinetmagazine.org...

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Nephi1337] here is the youtube video
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Nephi1337] www.nytimes.com...

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Nephi1337]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
1 Nephi 13:37 And blessed are they who shall seek to bring forth my Zion at that day, for they shall have the cgift and the dpower of the Holy Ghost; and if they eendure unto the end they shall be flifted up at the last day, and shall be saved in the everlasting gkingdom of the Lamb; and whoso shall hpublish peace, yea, tidings of great joy, how beautiful upon the mountains shall they be.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

very good work my friend

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
When you have soldiers/armies with patches of dragons, devils, skulls, demons, owls and hobgoblins you might want to check the underlying message and intent.

Is it really to strike fear in the enemy. NO

Is it communication amongst the secret orders you deny exist and if you do think they exist you simply cannot make it to the reality of just how powerful they really are and what they do indeed control and intend to control.

An Absolutely positively YES

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

if i was smart i could probly figure out what that means
cdegh

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

yup i think you are correct on that

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

WHAT??????????????????????????????????????

OP, nice work. Could you throw a link into the mix for that slide show in the NYT? thank u.

[edit on 5/9/2010 by hhcore]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by hhcore

here you go brother

www.nytimes.com...

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
fascinating topic.

Trading insignia was and i presume still is popular among military personel.
I wonder if any ATS members that are former military can add anything to this topic?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mack37

yes indeed it would be nice to get some inside info on this

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nephi1337
reply to post by hhcore

here you go brother

www.nytimes.com...

Thank you. There is some interesting speculation that could stem from these images. Very interesting to see the varying images and acronyms.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by hhcore

ya i agree i am very intrested in this , watch the video its even better in the video he shows a patch that just has a sword on it but the grip of the sword is in the shape of a secret classifyid jet its very intresting how he breaks down and figures out the meaning of theese patches thats for sure

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mack37
fascinating topic.

Trading insignia was and i presume still is popular among military personel.
I wonder if any ATS members that are former military can add anything to this topic?

Patches are only a means to identify a unit. Some units try and make their patches as cool as possible and some don't.

An example, compare the 75th rangers patch to someone who is stationed in a hospital unit.

To tell you the truth most of these look fake, especially that last one, it looked like it belongs in a head shop. All of them wouldn't be worn on ACUs, they are all meant to be worn on dress uniforms (if real). ACU patches are brown with black lines.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Miracle Man

well ,i all i can say rly is watch the video he breaks it down and decodes the patches and it will prove that they are not fake ,like i said in the above statement a simple patch with a sword on it turnd out and was confimed that it was a top secret aircraft that was on the patch ..i mean think about it if your in the secret sector of the military where you cant talk about what you do or where you have been and you run into someone who is in the same sector as you what better way of telling that person who you are by means of a simple patch ? this type of comunication has been around for a very long time and is still used to this day ..look at the ranking system for the military without words a person will know what rank you are ....and besides what person would were these patches without a military uniform ? what would be the point ? ...i dono i guess it just makes more sens to me

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

Go to hot topics and you will see patches that fit this style for purchase.

Like I said, these patches look fake, I'm not trying to change your mind. I am giving my opinion and can really care less what you do with it.

Patches always comes in twos. Find me the subdued version of theses patches and I might take it more seriously. For now, it looks like someone spent a little money buying them from a head shop.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
small military units are allowed to create their own patch designs. it builds morale and "espirit de corps". thats not say that there aren't hidden messages there, but generally covert ops and black budget project members DO NOT advertise their affiliation. why? well because it wouldn't be all that covert. in fact, field operatives on mission usually do not wear any insignia at all, (subdued) as that would point to where they are taking orders from. again, that would go against the very nature of an operation being covert. this is done so that when a bunch of commandos turn up caught or dead it is more difficult to trace their origins. when a covert unit is dropped behind enemy lines the last thing they will do is advertise in living color.

these may have been done after the fact as well. nobody (average joe & jane) saw stealth fighter patches until it was revealed publicly that they exist. nobody knew much about seal team six until it was pretty much ancient history. the blackbird was in use as a spy plane long before you could buy the model kit or even knew what one looked like.

one of those images is a total rip from an ICP (insane clown posse) album.

i believe this subject has been approached on ATS before.

when it comes to dragons, ghosts, and other sorts of "grotesque" imagery... well c'mon... how long has the military been the biggest boys club ever? since the spartans invented the soldier.

military work is grim. it only stands to reason that imagery associated with it be the same. it isn't to place fear in the heart of the enemy either. the bad guys probably aren't worried about some pretty thread over being placed in the crosshairs. chances are they would never see what patches their killer wore.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
very interesting vid....I like the part when they show the alien patch that originally read Classified Test Mission on the Top and military brass forced them to change the words on top because the patch itself was proof of a secret secret op. The Latin on the bottom of the patch was represented to translate into 'Tastes Like Chicken'....I find it Ironic that with how out in the open and brazen the PTB and Black Budget Military Industrial Complex are about flaunting secrets on there patches the designers of that particular patch chose to replace the 'Classified Test Mission', and insert the simple three words of 'To Serve Man'. Now I wonder in what context those words represent. Like maybe the aliens are here to serve man by providing knowledge....or to serve man, by cooking us medium rare,lol. I really wouldn't take anything off the table. Interesting vid though and thanks for the post.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
They are for fun and for moral. Example here. Kind of like wearing a team shirt.

Been discussed numerous times here.

[edit on May 9th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Miracle Man

my good man i understand your point of view .....but all i can say is if we both want to be right with this then research as i have ..also watch the video and you might have a differint point of view as i have

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gravykraken

you say .. generally covert ops and black budget project members DO NOT advertise their affiliation.

do we know this for sure ? hints the encription in the patches ..

i do agree with you i do ..but i surly cant debunk weather or not the patches are fake or not ..however if you just take the time to watch the video you will have a little more insite on how this patch system works ..

who knows like i said maybe they are worn in the private sector as a means of comunication or id so if and when they run into another members they wont break any rules by talking and asking questions ...like an example on some of the patches you will see 5 stars seprated by one this i am guessing means this person works at area 51 ?

but i rly cant say for sure ...i just think there might be a story to be told within them

ty for the reply and pardon my spelling errors

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Nephi1337]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join