It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are people so obsessed with 2012?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragiero

I guess a little background needs to be provided.

One other thing, you cannot, you absolutly cannot say that there is no other planet out there. Until you have explored every corner of the universe then I don't want to here you ignorant ramblings about how there aren't any other planets.

I am not saying that there are no other planets in the universe. That would be silly since planets are discovered around other stars every other day now it seems.

The issue is whether or not Nibiru as claimed by Sitchin can exist. That is a definite NO. Sitchin's claims make no sense whatsoever. They do not match astronomy and the associated laws of physics.

Can the Earth have an unknown planet? Yes. That is certainly true. The problem is not if a planet exists but how far out it MUST be.

Here is an analogy. If I see a deer track in my yard, then I know there are deer in the area. I don't have to see a deer to learn that deer are here. In a similar fashion I don't have to see a planet to know it is out there. Any planet or comet or whatever has gravity. The gravity of one object pulls on all other objects. The elliptical paths of the known planets have these little, but measurable, differences from the elliptical path it would have were there no other planets around. Careful measurements of the planets are taken. The present precision of measurements tells us that there are no unaccounted planets in our solar system. The key word is precision.

Is it possible that a planet could be out there and undetected? Yes. A planet could be out there, but it would have to be far enough away that the effects it has on other planets is too small to be measured today. The distance for a small planet such as the earth puts the distance at 320 times the distance of the Earth to the sun. That's what astronomers call 320AU. That's beyond the Kuiper belt, which is 55AU at the farthest.

It is also possible to see planets out there with the whole sky cataloging programs. The limit for seeing planets back in 2004 was 340AU.

Yes, planets could be out there. If they are out there then searches have pushed them far out beyond the orbits of the known planets, and even beyond the edge of the Kuiper belt.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
It is because it gives people a date to look forward to. In highschool you have college to look forward to, in college you have graduation, after college you have death.

LOL I sure hope people have bigger hopes than death after college.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
@Dragiero we can replicate everything they made back then, our technology has advanced. And yes it was wrote on a stone there for time runs out on a stone, unless you have this magical stone that keeps getting bigger?

As for another planet out there, with all the advanced telescopes in the world and 2012 not being far away, WE WOULD BE ABLE TO DETECT IT NOW. And let's face it, it's not there. It would be in our solar system unless you believe a planet can travel from 2011 to 2012 that fast. Which is highly impossible.

Like most people believe 2012 is going to come and go just like all the other "end of the world" events.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
because some people in life have what you call anxiety disorder
they cannot cope until they get to 2012 and find out.

they will spend all night on ats with no sleep then read too many threads and get panicked.

I see it all the time

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jumpingbeanz
because some people in life have what you call anxiety disorder
they cannot cope until they get to 2012 and find out.

they will spend all night on ats with no sleep then read too many threads and get panicked.

I see it all the time

That is the BEST evidence :] haha. I agree. It's like they look at this timewave zero which is complete misinformation since everything the timewave zero predicts something it never happens. Like in october there was suppose to be this big event....well.....it never happened. Now they are predicting july...again nothing is going to happen. It's like someone wakes up and they throw a dart on there calendar and on that day they are like "yup something is going to happen why did my dart not land on any other date?" and then they run to the computer and update timewave zero. It's complete misinformation and people believe again and again when none of it's "predictions" are correct. Plus the man who made it was on drugs real bad that shows a lot....

Well I predict nothing will happen in july. And I'll be right and everyone will follow me. HA!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join