It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The blood of Jesus Christ...a judgement or a sacirifice?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by helen670

In the name of Allah (Our Lord), the Beneficent, the Merciful.

Dear Helen,

Please find below some comments for your quotes.

Yes, Jesus prayed to 'The Father' - Our Creator, alone.
Matthew 6:9-13 "(Jesus said): In this matter, therefore, pray; Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven."

What is HIS( God - Our Creator's) will?

Answer: John 4:23 "( Jesus said): But the hour is coming, and now i, when the true worshippers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him."

That you worship HIM (God- Our Creator) ALONE, without any partners.

*Note: The Term "Father" in that day and age was used by the Jews in the same sense that Christians use the word "father" today to address a preist. It was not meant to be taken literally.

Sample of Biblical verses which are ofthen "misinterpreted" to supposedly prove the divinity of Jesus

I) He was called the 'Son of God'
Other 'sons of God' mentioned in the Bible - how come they're not worshipped like Jesus?
a) Jacob: "Israel is my son, even my firstborn" Exodus 4:22.
b) Solomon: "He shall build an house for my name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom for ever. I will be his father, and he shall be my son". Samuel 7:13-14.
c) Ephraim: "for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn." Jeremiah 31:9 ( who is God's firstborn? Israel or Ephraim?)
d) Common people (you and me): "Ye are the childred of the LORD your God." Deut.14:1

II) "I'm the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. "John 14:6
The verse clearly states that Jesus was the "WAY", not the "DESTINATION" which would be the case if he were God. And this is the case with all the prophets and messengers who God sent to the people to show the way to salvation, "Worship none but God the Creator alone!"
and I agree with that statement! Jesus Christ, peace be upon him (pbuh), was the way, the life, and the truth, no man came unto God Almighty but by Jesus (pbuh), during his time! Every messenger during his time was the way and the truth to Almighty God. At the time of Moses, Moses (pbuh) was the way, the truth and the life. No man came unto God Almighty but through Moses (pbuh). At the time of Jesus (pbuh), he was the way, the truth, and the life. At the time of prophet Muhammad (pbuh), he was the way, the truth, and the life. So every prophet at his time he was the way, the truth; and I agree with that statement! It meant that if you follow me you are following Almighty God. He was the way!”And remember what Jesus said : "Not everyone who says to me, "Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven." Matthew 7:21

In fact there is not a single unequivocal statement in the entire Bible where Jesus (pbuh) himself says, "I am God" or where he says, "worship me". In fact the Bible contains statements attributed to Jesus (pbuh) in which he preached quite the contrary. The following statements in the Bible are attributed to Jesus Christ (pbuh):

(i) "My Father is greater than I."
[The Bible, John 14:28]

(ii) "My Father is greater than all."
[The Bible, John 10:29]

(iii) "…I cast out devils by the Spirit of God…."
[The Bible, Mathew 12:28]

(iv) "…I with the finger of God cast out devils…."
[The Bible, Luke 11:20]

(v) "I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgement is just; because I seek not my own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me."[The Bible, John 5:30]

to be continued.......

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   

continue...

Isaiah 7:14 “Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.”
Matthew 1:23 “Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Answer:

First, the prophesy states that his name will be Immanuel.
It does not say "he will be Immanuel.

Second, Mary never called her child “Immanuel” as required by the prophecy. According to the Bible, she named him Jesus following instructions by the angel of God.

Matthew 1:25 “but kept her a virgin until she gave birth to a son; and he called His name Jesus.

Luke 1:30-31 “The angel said to her, ‘Do not be afraid, Mary; for you have found favor with God. And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall name Him Jesus.”

Third, when read in context, the birth and naming of the child Immanuel was to be a sign for king Ahaz that God was with his people who were about to be invaded by two rival kingdoms (Isa 7:10-16). The promise was fulfilled by God (2 Kings 16:9). The name “God is with us,” means that God will support us.[1] The name makes perfect sense if the child’s name was supposed to indicate to King Ahaz that God was on his side.

Isa 7:10-16 “Again the Lord spoke to Ahaz, ‘Ask the Lord your God for a sign, whether in the deepest depths or in the highest heights.’ But Ahaz said, ‘I will not ask; I will not put the Lord to the test.’ Then Isaiah said, ‘Hear now, you house of David! Is it not enough to try the patience of men? Will you try the patience of my God also? Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel. He will eat curds and honey when he knows enough to reject the wrong and choose the right. But before the boy knows enough to reject the wrong and choose the right, the land of the two kings you dread will be laid waste.”

2 Kings 16:9 The king of Assyria complied by attacking Damascus and capturing it. He deported its inhabitants to Kir and put Rezin to death.

Fourth, Isaiah 7:14 in actual Hebrew does not say a virgin would give birth but that a young woman would conceive. The Hebrew word almah, used in Isaiah 7:14 means young woman or maiden, not a virgin. The Hebrew word for virgin is b’tulah. The RSV (Revised Standard Version) Bible is one of the few Christian Bibles that used the translation ‘young woman’ instead of replacing it with the word ‘virgin.’

Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, a young woman shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Imman’u-el.
Fifth, when something is “called” a certain name, it does not mean that the thing is literally what it is called. Symbolic names are frequently used by Hebrews in the Bible. Many names would cause great problems if taken literally. Jerusalem is called “the Lord our Righteousness,” and Jerusalem is obviously not God (Jer. 33:16). In Genesis 32:30, we are told that Jacob called a piece of land “Face of God.” Abraham called the mountain on which he was about to sacrifice Ishmael “the Lord will provide,” yet no one would believe that the mountain was God. Similarly, no one would believe an altar was God, even if Moses called it that: “Moses built an altar and called it ‘the Lord is my Banner’” (Ex. 17:15). Would Christians believe that Elijah was “God Jehovah,” or that Bithiah, a daughter of Pharaoh, was the sister of Jesus because her name means “daughter of Jehovah?” Do Christians believe that Dibri, not Jesus, was the “Promise of Jehovah,” or that Eliab was the real Messiah since his name means “My God (is my) father?”

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Continue....

Do Christians believe that Dibri, not Jesus, was the “Promise of Jehovah,” or that Eliab was the real Messiah since his name means “My God (is my) father?” Similarly, would they say that Jesus Bar-Abbas, who avoided rucifixion by being set free (Mat. 27:15-26)[2], was the son of God because his name meant “Jesus, son of his Father”? Of course not.

We can conclude that reading Jesus as the fruition of a prophecy in Isaiah is only due to Matthew quoting the prophecy, rather than people actually calling Jesus Immanuel in his lifetime. Furthermore, even if his name was Immanuel, the name does not necessarily reflect the fact, as can be seen from other names linked with God (in the Hebrew forms of El or Yah) belonging to other people. Making the claim that Immanuel means Jesus God in the flesh among His people is therefore merely an example of how the Trinitarian doctrine of incarnation was forced upon the message of Jesus by “bending” prophecies.

I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee (Moses), and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him" (Deut. 18:18-19).
The intepretation for this verse: This verse is refer to Prophet Mohammed(Pbup). Now you will ask me Prophet Mohammed (Pbup) was not Jewish/Isrealite so he is not amoung their brethren and also he was not like Moses.

The answer is below....
Logic say You and I can be called brothers, descendants of Adam.

Now i will ask you a simple question Then, How can you consider Jesus (pbuh) as brother of Moses (pbuh)...As he not his own brother, So this point is also invalid...????? right Sometimes, we can't apply logic, we should only use our sense...

Literally speaking, The statement is "Their Brother"it is not your/our Brother....
Broadly speaking... Above statement. In whole it refer to the other party....
That is...............
1) From among the Israelite's "brethren", a reference to their Ishmaelite cousins as Ishmael (PBUH) was the other son (First son) of Abraham(PBUH) who was explicitly promised to become a "great nation".

The Christians say that this prophecy refers to Jesus (pbuh) because Jesus (pbuh) was like Moses (pbuh).Because Moses (pbuh) was a Jew, as well as Jesus (pbuh) was a Jew. Moses (pbuh) was a Prophet and Jesus (pbuh) was also a Prophet.

If these two are the only criteria for this prophecy to be fulfilled, then all the Prophets of the Bible who came after Moses (pbuh) such as Solomon, Isaiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Joel, Malachi, John the Baptist, etc. (pbut) will fulfill this prophecy since all were Jews as well as prophets.

Prophet Muhammed(PBUH) comes from the brethens of Prophet Ishmael(PBUH). And Ishmael (PBUH) is a son of Prophet (Abraham).

The similarities between Prophet Muhammed(PBUH) and Prophet Moses (PBUH), because they are part of fulfillment of a "prophet like unto Moses"

Both Born naturally
Both died natural deaths
Both were married and had offspring
Both were taken care of by an elite family
Both had succeeded against their enemies
Both received their first revelations at a middle age
Both lead a mass exodus of people and fled their homeland
Both were recognized as spiritual leaders and political leaders
Both were recognized and followed by the people they were sent to
Both spent most of their childhoods away from their natural parents
And most importantly, both were given a Law (mosaic law vs sharia)

to be continued .... Inshallah (God Willing)

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   

continue...

The similarities between Prophet Muhammed(PBUH) and Prophet Moses (PBUH), because they are part of fulfillment of a "prophet like unto Moses"

Both Born naturally
Both died natural deaths
Both were married and had offspring
Both were taken care of by an elite family
Both had succeeded against their enemies
Both received their first revelations at a middle age
Both lead a mass exodus of people and fled their homeland
Both were recognized as spiritual leaders and political leaders
Both were recognized and followed by the people they were sent to
Both spent most of their childhoods away from their natural parents
And most importantly, both were given a Law (mosaic law vs sharia)

As their similarities surpass those with Jesus: -

Both had a father and a mother, while Jesus (pbuh) was born miraculously without any male intervention REFERENCE [Mathew 1:18 and Luke 1:35 and also Al-Qur'an 3:42-47].
Both were married and had children. Jesus (pbuh) according to the Bible did not marry nor had children.
Both died natural deaths. Jesus (pbuh) has been raised up alive. (4:157-158).
Both besides being Prophets were also kings i.e. they could inflict capital punishment. Jesus (pbuh) said, "My kingdom is not of this world." (John 18:36).
Both brought new laws and new regulations for their people. Jesus (pbuh) according to the Bible did not bring any new laws. (Mathew 5:17-18).
Both were accepted as Prophets by their people in their lifetime but Jesus (pbuh) was rejected by his people. John chapter 1 verse 11 states, "He came unto his own, but his own received him not."

It is mentioned in the book of Isaiah chapter 29 verse 12:
"And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned."
When Angel Gabrail commanded Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) by saying Iqra - "Read", he replied, "I am not learned". And then the below 1st verse of Quran was reveled. " Read in the name of your Lord Who created. He created man from a clot. Read and you Lord is Most Honorable, Who taught (to write) with pen. Taught man what he knew not. Nay! man i most surely inordinate. Because he sees himself free from want. Surely to your Lord is the return. [Quran 96:1 to 8]

The Awaited Prophet will be from the Brethren of the Jews

The verse we discussed is explicit in saying that the prophet will come amongst the Brethren of the Jews. Abraham had two sons: Ishmael and Isaac. The Jews are the descendants of Isaac’s son, Jacob. The Arabs are the children of Ishmael. Thus, the Arabs are the brethren of the Jewish nation.

The Bible affirms:
‘And he (Ishmael) shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren.’ (Genesis 16:12)
‘And he (Ishmael) died in the presence of all his brethren.’ (Genesis 25:18)

The children of Isaac are the brethren of the Ishmaelites. Likewise, Muhammad is from among the brethren of the Israelites, because he was a descendant of Ishmael the son of Abraham.

God Will Put His Words in the Mouth of the Awaited Prophet

“I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him” (Geneses 18:18)

This is quite similar to the verse in Quran 53:3-4
“Neither does he speak out of his own desire: that [which he conveys to you] is but [a divine] inspiration with which he is being inspired.”

The Prophet Muhammad came with a message to the whole world, and from them, the Jews. All, including the Jews, must accept his prophethood, and this is supported by the following words:

“The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken.” (Deuteronomy 18:15)

to be continued ...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by teapot

continue..

A Warning to Rejecters

The prophecy continues:

Deuteronomy 18:19 “And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require [it] of him.” (in some translations: “I will be the Revenger”).

Interestingly, Muslims begin every chapter of the Quran in the name of God by saying:

Bismillah ir-Rahman ir-Raheem

“‘In the Name of God, the Most-Merciful, the Dispenser of Grace.”

The following is the account of some scholars who believed this prophecy to fit Prophet Muhammad(PBUH).

The First Witness
Abdul-Ahad Dawud, the former Rev. David Benjamin Keldani, BD, a Roman Catholic priest of the Uniate-Chaldean sect.After accepting Islam, he wrote the book, ‘Muhammad in the Bible.’ He writes about this prophecy:
“If these words do not apply to Muhammad, they still remain unfulfilled. Jesus himself never claimed to be the prophet alluded to. Even his disciples were of the same opinion: they looked to the second coming of Jesus for the fulfillment of the prophecy (Acts 3: 17-24). So far it is undisputed that the first coming of Jesus was not the advent of the Prophet like unto thee and his second advent can hardly fulfill the words. Jesus, as is believed by his Church, will appear as a Judge and not as a law-giver; but the promised one has to come with a “fiery law” in his right hand.”

The Second Witness
Muhammad Asad was born Leopold Weiss in July 1900 in the city of Lvov (German Lemberg), now in Poland, then part of the Austrian Empire. He was the descendant of a long line of rabbis, a line broken by his father, who became a barrister. Asad himself received a thorough religious education that would qualify him to keep alive the family’s rabbinical tradition. He had become proficient in Hebrew at an early age and was also familiar with Aramaic. He had studied the Old Testament in the original as well as the text and commentaries of the Talmud, the Mishna and Gemara, and he had delved into the intricacies of Biblical exegesis, the Targum.

Commenting on the verse of the Quran:
“and do not overlay the truth with falsehood, and do not knowingly suppress the truth” (Quran 2:42)

Muhammad Asad writes:

“By ‘overlaying the truth with falsehood’ is meant the corrupting of the biblical text, of which the Quran frequently accuses the Jews (and which has since been established by objective textual criticism), while the ‘suppression of the truth’ refers to their disregard or deliberately false interpretation of the words of Moses in the biblical passage, ‘The Lord thy God will raise up unto thee a prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken’ (Deuteronomy 18:15), and the words attributed to God himself, ‘I will raise them up a prophet from among thy brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth’ (Deuteronomy 18:18). The ‘brethren’ of the children of Israel are obviously the Arabs, and particularly the musta’ribah (‘Arabianized’) group among them, which traces its descent to Ishmael and Abraham: and since it is this group that the Arabian Prophet’s own tribe, the Quraish, belonged, the above biblical passages must be taken as referring to his advent.

Proof Jesuse (PBUH) was a prophet

Jesus was not accepted as divine until the Council of Nicea, 325 CE, but everyone, except Jews, agree he was a prophet of God, as indicated by the Bible:
Matthew 21:11 “...This is Jesus the prophet of Nazareth of Galilee.”
Luke 24:19 “...Jesus of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people.”

to be continued....Inshallah (God Willing)

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by teapot

continue...

Jesus (PBUH) prayed to God for another parakletos:

John 14:16 “And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another parakletos.” (Please kindly let me know if you need some brief on "Parakletos"

Jesus(PBUH) describes the function of the other Parakletos:

John 16:13 “He will guide you into all the truth.”

God says in the Quran of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH):
“O mankind! The Messenger has now come unto you with the truth from your Lord: believe, then, for your own good!...” (Quran 4:170)

John 16:14 “He will glorify Me.”

The Quran brought by Prophet Muhammad(PBUH) glorifies Jesus:

“…who shall become known as the Christ Jesus, son of Mary, of great honor in this world and in the life to come, and [shall be] of those who are drawn near unto God.” (Quran 3:45)

Prophet Muhammad also glorified Jesus:

“Whoever testifies that none deserves worship except God, who has no partner, and that Muhammad is His servant and Messenger, and that Jesus is the servant of God, His Messenger, and His Word which He bestowed in Mary, and a spirit created from Him, and that Paradise is true, and that Hell is true, God will admit him into Paradise, according to his deeds.” (Saheeh Al-Bukhari, Saheeh Muslim)

John 16:8 “he will convince the world of its sin, and of God’s righteousness, and of the coming judgment.”

The Quran announces:
“Indeed, they have disbelieved who say, ‘God is the Christ, son of Mary’ - seeing that the Christ [himself] said, ‘O Children of Israel! Worship God [alone], who is my Lord as well as your Lord.’ ‘Indeed, whoever ascribes divinity to any being beside God, unto him will God deny paradise, and his goal shall be the fire: and there are not for the wrongdoers any helpers!’” (Quran 5:72)

John 14:26 “and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.”

The words of the Quran:

“…while the Messiah had said, ‘O Children of Israel, worship God, my Lord and your Lord.’” (Quran 5:72)

…reminds people of the first and greatest command of Jesus they have forgotten:
“The first of all the commandments is, ‘Hear, O Israel; the Lord our God is one Lord.’” (Mark 12:29)

John 16:13 “and He will disclose to you what is to come.”

The Quran states:
“That is from the news of the unseen which We reveal, [O Muhammad], to you…” (Quran 12:102)

Hudhaifa, a disciple of Prophet Muhammad, tells us:
“The Prophet once delivered a speech in front of us wherein he left nothing but mentioned everything that would happen till the Hour (of Judgment).” (Saheeh Al-Bukhari)

John 14:16 “that he may abide with you for ever.”

…meaning his original teachings will remain forever. Muhammad(PBUH) was God’s last prophet to humanity.[1] His teachings are perfectly preserved. He lives in the hearts and minds of his adoring followers who worship God in his exact imitation. No man, including Jesus(PBUH) or Muhammad, has an eternal life on earth. Parakletos is not an exception either. This cannot be an allusion to the Holy Ghost, for present day creed of the Holy Ghost did not exist until the Council of Chalcedon, in 451 CE, four and half centuries after Jesus(PBUH).

John 14:17 “he will be the spirit of truth”
…meaning he will a true prophet, see 1 John 4: 1-3.

John 14:17 “the world neither sees him...”
Many people in the world today do not know Muhammad(PBUH).

John 14:17 “...nor knows him”
Fewer people recognize the real Muhammad, God’s Prophet of Mercy.

John 14:26 “the Advocate (parakletos)”
Muhammad will be the advocate of humanity at large and of sinful believers on Judgment Day:

to be continue... Inshallah (God Willing)

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by teapot

continue....

John 14:26 “the Advocate (parakletos)”
Muhammad will be the advocate of humanity at large and of sinful believers on Judgment Day.People will look for those who can intercede on their behalf to God to reduce the distress and suffering on Day of Judgment. Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, and Jesus will excuse themselves.

Then they will come to Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) and he will say, “I am the one who is able.” So he will intercede for the people in the Great Plain of Gathering, so judgment may be passed. This is the ‘Station of Praise’ God promises Him in the Quran:
“…It may be that your Lord will raise you to Station of Praise (the honor of intercession on the Day of Resurrection)” (Quran 17:79)

Prophet Muhammad(PBUH) said:
“My intercession will be for those of my nation who committed major sins.” (Al-Tirmidhi)

“I shall be the first intercessor in Paradise.” (Saheeh Muslim)

Some Muslim scholars suggest what Jesus actually said in Aramaic represents more closely the Greek word periklytos which means the ‘admired one.’ In Arabic the word ‘Muhammad’ means the ‘praiseworthy, admired one.’ In other words, periklytos is “Muhammad” in Greek. We have two strong reasons in its support. First, due to several documented cases of similar word substitution in the Bible, it is quite possible that both words were contained in the original text but were dropped by a copyist because of the ancient custom of writing words closely packed, with no spaces in between. In such a case the original reading would have been, “and He will give you another comforter (parakletos), the admirable one (periklytos).” Second, we have the reliable testimony of at least four Muslim authorities from different eras who ascribed ‘admired, praised one’ as a possible meaning of the Greek or Syriac word to Christians scholars.

The following are some who attest that the Paraclete is indeed an allusion to Muhammad, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him:

The First Witness
Anselm Turmeda (1352/55-1425 CE), a priest and Christian scholar, was a witness to the prophecy. After accepting Islam he wrote a book, “Tuhfat al-arib fi al-radd ‘ala Ahl al-Salib.”

The Second Witness
Abdul-Ahad Dawud, the former Rev. David Abdu Benjamin Keldani, BD, a Roman Catholic priest of the Uniate-Chaldean sect. After accepting Islam, he wrote the book, ‘Muhammad in the Bible.’ He writes in this book:
“There is not the slightest doubt that by “Periqlyte,” Prophet Muhammad(PBUH), i.e. Ahmad, is intended.”

The Third Witness
A synopsis of the life of Muhammad Asad has already been given above. Commenting on the verse:
“…an apostle who shall come after me, whose name shall be Ahmad” (Quran 61:6)

....…where Jesus(PBUH) predicts the coming of Muhammad, Asad explains that the word Parakletos:

“…is almost certainly a corruption of Periklytos (‘the Much-Praised’), an exact Greek translation of the Aramaic term or name Mawhamana. (It is to be borne in mind that Aramaic was the language used in Palestine at the time of, and for some centuries after, Jesus(PBUH) and was thus undoubtedly the language in which the original - now lost - texts of the Gospels were composed.) In view of the phonetic closeness of Periklytos and Parakletos it is easy to understand how the translator - or, more probably, a later scribe - confused these two expressions. It is significant that both the Aramaic Mawhamana and the Greek Periklytos have the same meaning as the two names of the Last Prophet, Muhammad and Ahmad, both of which are derived from the Hebrew verb hamida (‘he praised’) and the Hebrew noun hamd (‘praise’).”

..to be continued Inshallah (God Willing)

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by teapot

continue..

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is mentioned by name in the Song of Solomon chapter 5 verse 16:

"Hikko Mamittakim we kullo MuhammadIM Zehdoodeh wa Zehraee Bayna Jerusalem."

Translated AS...
"His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem."

In the Hebrew language 'im' is added for respect. Similarely 'im' is added after the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) to make it Muhammadim. In English translation they have even translated the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) as "altogether lovely", but in the Old Testament in Hebrew, the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is yet present. Name has a meaning but You cannot translate the name.

I will conclude my discussion with below Quranic Verses...

Say: We believe in our Lord(Allah) and (in) that which had been revealed to us, and (in)that which was revealed to Abrahim and Ismail and Ishaq and Yaqoub(Jacob) and the tribes, and (in) that which was given to Mooses and Jesus, and (in) that which was given to the prophets from their Lord, we do not make any distinction between any of them, and to Him do we submit. [Quran : 2:136)

This is a people that have passed away; they shall have what they earned and you shall have what you earn, and you shall not be called upon to answer for what they did.[ Quran: 2:141]

Thank you for your patient in reading.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
There will be delay in response due to the time difference.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Abuaisha,

Jesus said: There will be many who will come after me, claiming they are me. Do not be deceived.

The Parakletos or Holy Spirit was given as a gift to all Humanity.

Jesus changed everything. Before Jesus, Parakletos worked through a select few, Moses, Abraham et al. After Jesus, Parakletos works through, alongside and in the heart of any human being who humbly invites Him in.

Parakletos needs no human intermediary to work in our lives.

God made sure of of this by making Himself manifest in the person Jesus, to teach us that we have direct access to Him.

Parakletos is the only Witness we can rely on. And each of us can only know the Truth of this if we seek it within our own hearts and minds.

It is my prayer that every human being finds the Way to invite God into their hearts and comes to know the Peace that passes all understanding. That we become Spirit filled beings, living Spirit filled lives, trusting in our relationship with God and denying the actions of any self appointed advocat.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Abuaisha

Hi Abuaisha/

Tell me,
Why Did Jesus Christ say these words?
"I am the way,
the truth,
and the life.
No one comes to the Father except through Me" (John 14:6). ...
What do you make of these Words?

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
This was my point...you all argue over words in a book as if its proof.

Proof comes from experiences...comes from the Spirit showing you the Divine nature within you. You then learn there is little in the books to concern yourself with. ALl the details you are debating about within the books mean little.

Know the nature of the Spirit...so you can know what is Holy of Spirit and know what is of Earth.

We are all to walk the path trying to sow good seeds, trying to be unblemished...when you KNOW that all return..and there is no need for self salvation because God will make a way....all of that becomes little meaning.

We reap what we sow...through this spiritual law, God will show us the way.

Know you are loved, know this love is eternal.

Your deeds and works is what allows you to leave this experience here of Earth....not a 'belief'.

You will be weighed and measured according to your inner nature...if you still have more to learn or sow...then so that will be.

You could learn more living in a forest with nature and Gods true book of life itself...then you could by reading all the Earthly books in the world.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I think when Jesus talked about belief, he meant something more than just an intellectual assent. He said that if you really believe, you will do things, and not just easy, or nice things, but things that are difficult and may not seem pleasant as a personal experience.
If fear is your prevalent motivation, it blocks out belief, and you will do nothing. True believing, to Jesus, meant overcoming fear and doing what was right, regardless of possible consequences.
He died, proving it, and what he ended up with was eternal life and glory.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by jmdewey60]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Great point jmd

He not only talked a talk....he ended up walking the walk.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by teapot

In the name of Allah(Lord), the Beneficent, the Merciful.

Sorry for delay reply due to time difference & working hours in ME.

I doubt you haven't read my post or understood it correctly.

Let me start with answering your quote..

"Jesus said: There will be many who will come after me, claiming they are me. Do not be deceived."

This refer to Anti-Christ who will come before the End times. Who will be great deceiver. He will first claim himself as a King (leader), than Prophet (Christ) and then lord. Muslim believed in all the quoting below and they also know the miracles that the Anti-Christ going to perform. Our beloved prophet Muhammed (PBUH) has described the Anti-Christ in details.

Here are the few verse talking about Anti-Christ.

Matt 24:4-5 Jesus answered: "Watch out that no one deceives you. For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ, ' and will deceive many.

Matt 24:23-26 At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'There he is!' do not believe it. For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect--if that were possible. See, I have told you ahead of time. "So if anyone tells you, 'There he is, out in the desert,' do not go out; or, 'Here he is, in the inner rooms,' do not believe it

Mark 13:5 Jesus said to them: "Watch out that no one deceives you. Many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am he,' and will deceive many.

Mark 13:21-3 At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ !' or, 'Look, there he is!' do not believe it. For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform signs and miracles to deceive the elect--if that were possible. So be on your guard; I have told you everything ahead of time.

Luke 21:8-9 He replied: "Watch out that you are not deceived. For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am he,' and, 'The time is near.' Do not follow them. When you hear of wars and revolutions, do not be frightened. These things must happen first, but the end will not come right away."

Muslim believed that Prophet Jesus will return before End times and his return is a major sign of Judgement Day.

And he (son of Mary) shall be a known sign for (the coming of) the hour." (Quran : Chapter Az-Zukhruf)

Abu Huraira (R.A), a disciple of Prophet Muhammad, tells us that the Messenger of Allah said, "By the one whose hands my life is in, surely the son of Mary(Jesus) will descend amongst you as a just ruler. He will destroy the cross, kill the swine and abolish the tax." (Bukhari)

---------

With due respect i do not agree with your concept of a "Parakletos".

The question, then, is: was Jesus(PBUH) parakletos, Comforter, a ‘Holy Ghost or a person - a prophet - to come after him? To answer the question, we must understand the description of ho parakletos and see if it fits a Ghost or a human being.

The Greek word paravklhtos, ho parakletos, has been translated as ‘Comforter.’ Parakletos more precisely means ‘one who pleads another’s cause, an intercessor.’ The ho parakletos is a person in the Greek language, not an incorporeal entity. In the Greek language, every noun possesses gender; that is, it is masculine, feminine or neutral. In the Gospel of John, Chapters 14, 15 and 16 the ho parakletos is actually a person. All pronouns in Greek must agree in gender with the word to which they refer and the pronoun “he” is used when referring to the parakletos. The NT uses the word pneuma, which means “breath” or “spirit,” the Greek equivalent of ruah, the Hebrew word for “spirit” used in the OT. Pneuma is a grammatically neutral word and is always represented by the pronoun “it.”

to be continued...Inshallah (God Willing)

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by teapot

continue...

All present day Bibles are compiled from “ancient manuscripts,” the oldest dating back the fourth century C.E. No two ancient manuscripts are identical. All Bibles today are produced by combining manuscripts with no single definitive reference. The Bible translators attempt to “choose” the correct version. In other words, since they do not know which “ancient manuscript” is the correct one, they decide for us which “version” for a given verse to accept. Take John 14:26 as an example. John 14:26 is the only verse of the Bible which associates the Parakletos with the Holy Spirit. But the “ancient manuscripts” are not in agreement that the “Parakletos” is the ‘Holy Spirit.’ For instance, the famous Codex Syriacus, written around the fifth century C.E., and discovered in 1812 on Mount Sinai, the text of 14:26 reads; “Paraclete, the Spirit”; and not “Paraclete, the Holy Spirit.”

Why is it important? It is significant because in biblical language a “spirit,” simply means “a prophet.”

“Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.John 4: 1-3.

It is instructive to know that several biblical scholars considered parakletos to be an ‘independent salvific (having the power to save) figure,’ not the Holy Ghost.
‘...Christian tradition has identified this figure (Paraclete) as the Holy Spirit, but scholars like Spitta, Delafosse, Windisch, Sasse, Bultmann, and Betz have doubted whether this identification is true to the original picture and have suggested that the Paraclete was once an independent salvific figure, later confused with the Holy Spirit.” ‘the Anchor Bible, Doubleday & Company, Inc, Garden City, N.Y. 1970, Volume 29A, p. 1135'.

When we continue reading beyond John 14:16 “And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever.” (American Standard Version), John 16:7 “…for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you.” and John 16:13 “He will speak.” we find that Jesus predicts the specific details of the arrival and identity of the parakletos. Therefore, according to the context of John 14 & 16 we discover the following facts.

Jesus said the parakletos is a human being:

John 16:13 “He will speak.”

John 16:7 “…for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you.”

It is impossible that the Comforter be the “Holy Ghost” because the Holy Ghost was present long before Jesus and during his ministry.[Genesis 1: 2, 1 Samuel 10: 10, 1 Samuel 11: 6, Isaiah 63: 11, Luke 1: 15, Luke 1: 35, Luke 1: 41, Luke 1: 67, Luke 2: 25, Luke 2: 26, Luke 3:22, John 20: 21-22]

John 16:13 Jesus referred to the paraclete as ‘he’ and not ‘it’ seven times, no other verse in the Bible contains seven masculine pronouns. Therefore, paraclete is a person, not a ghost.

Jesus is called a parakletos:
“And if any man sin, we have an advocate (parakletos) with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.” (1 John 2:1)

Here we see that parakletos is a physical and human intercessor.

The Divinity of Jesus a later innovation
Jesus was not accepted as divine until the Council of Nicea, 325 CE, but everyone, except Jews, agree he was a prophet of God, as indicated by the Bible:
Matthew 21:11 “...This is Jesus the prophet of Nazareth of Galilee.”
Luke 24:19 “...Jesus of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people.”

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Hi Helen,

Sorry for delay reply due to time difference & working hours in ME.

"I'm the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. "John 14:6

As i have mentioned in my earlier post.....

The verse clearly states that Jesus was the "WAY", not the "DESTINATION" which would be the case if he were God. And this is the case with all the prophets and messengers who God sent to the people to show the way to salvation, "Worship none but God the Creator alone!"
and I agree with that statement! Jesus Christ, peace be upon him (pbuh), was the way, the life, and the truth, no man came unto God Almighty but by Jesus (pbuh), during his time!

Every messenger during his time was the way and the truth to Almighty God.

At the time of Moses, Moses (pbuh) was the way, the truth and the life. No man came unto God Almighty but through Moses (pbuh).

At the time of Jesus (pbuh), he was the way, the truth, and the life.

At the time of prophet Muhammad (pbuh), he was the way, the truth, and the life. So every prophet at his time he was the way, the truth;

It meant that if you follow me (follow the Commandments, the way he prayed to his Lord [Father], his way of life, his teaching and right path which brings closer to the Almighty Lord ) you are following Almighty God. He was the way!”

And remember what Jesus said : "Not everyone who says to me, "Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the WILL of my Father in heaven." Matthew 7:21

The Mission of Jesus Christ (pbuh) – to Fulfill the Law

Jesus (pbuh) never claimed divinity for himself. He clearly announced the nature of his mission. Jesus (pbuh) was sent by God to confirm the previous Judaic law. This is clearly evident in the following statements attributed to Jesus (pbuh) in the Gospel of Mathew:

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the Prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

"Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven; but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

For more clarification i would like to add this topic below..

Bible Says that God is not Man

The Bible says:

Numbers 23:19 “God is not a man…”

Hosea 11:9 “...For I am God, and not man...”

Jesus is called a "man" many times in the Bible:

John 8:40 “…a man who has told you the truth…”

Acts 2:22 “Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know.”

Acts 17:31 “He will judge the world in righteousness through a man whom He has appointed”

1. Tim. 2:5 “…the man Christ Jesus.”

God is not a man, but Jesus, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him, was a man, therefore, Jesus was not God.

2. The Bible Says that God Is Not a Son of Man

Numbers 23:19 “God is not a man...nor a son of man…”

The Bible often calls Jesus “a son of man” or “the son of man.”

Matthew 12:40 “…so will the son of man be…”

Matthew 16:27 “For the son of man is going to come…”

Matthew 28 “…until they see the son of man coming in His kingdom.”

Mark 2:10 “But so that you may know that the Son of Man has authority…”

John 5:27 “…because He is the son of man.”

In the Hebrew Scriptures, the “son of man” is also used many times speaking of people (Job 25:6; Psalm 80:17; 144:3; Ezekiel 2:1; 2:3; 2:6; 2:8; 3:1; 3:3; 3:4; 3:10; 3:17; 3:25).

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   

continue....

Since God would not contradict Himself by first saying He is not the son of a man, then becoming a human being who was called “the son of man”, he would not have done so. Remember God is not the author of confusion. Also, human beings, including Jesus, are called “son of man” specifically to distinguish them from God, who is not a “son of man” according to the Bible.

3. The Bible Says that Jesus Denied He is God

Luke 18:19 Jesus spoke to a man who had called him “good,” asking him, “Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone.”

Matthew 19:17 And he said to him, “Why are you asking me about what is good? There is only One who is good; but if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments.”

Jesus did not teach people that he was God. If Jesus had been telling people that he was God, he would have complimented the man. Instead, Jesus rebuked him, denying he was good, that is, Jesus denied he was God.

4. The Bible Says that God is Greater than Jesus

John 14:28 “My Father is greater than I.”

John 10:29 “My father is greater than all.”

Jesus can not be God if God is greater than him. The Christian belief that the Father and son are equal is in direct contrast to the clear words from Jesus.

5. Jesus Never Instructed His Disciples to Worship Himself or the Holy Ghost, but God and God Only

Luke 11:2 “When you pray, say Our Father which art in heaven.”

John 16:23 “In that day, you shall ask me nothing. Whatsoever you ask of the Father in my name.”

John 4:23 “The hour cometh and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth; for the Father seeketh such to worship him.”

If Jesus was God, he would have sought worship for himself. Since he didn’t, instead he sought worship for God in the heavens, therefore, he was not God.

6. The Bible Says that Jesus Recognized, Prayed, & Worshipped the Only True God

Jesus prayed to God with the words:

John 17:3 “…that they might know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.”

Jesus prayed to God all night:

Luke 6:12 “he continued all night in prayer to God.”

…because:

Matthew 20:28: Just as the son of man did not come to be served, but to serve.

How did Jesus pray to God?

Matthew 26:39 ‘…he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, ‘My Father…”

Even Paul said:

Hebrews 5:7 “During the days of Jesus’ life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with loud cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission.”

Who was Jesus praying to when he fell on his face with loud cries and petitions? Was it himself? Was Jesus crying in tears to himself pleading to be saved from death? No man, sane or insane, prays to himself! Surely the answer must be a resounding ‘No.’ Jesus was praying to “the only true God.” Jesus was the servant of the One Who sent him. Can there be a clearer proof that Jesus was not God?

The Quran confirms that Jesus called for the worship of the Only True God:

“Truly, God is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him (alone). This is the straight path.” (Quran 3:51)

7. The Bible says that the disciples did not believe Jesus was God.

The Acts of the Apostles in the Bible details the activity of the disciples over a period of thirty years after Jesus, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him, was raised to heaven. Throughout this period, they never referred to Jesus as God. For instance Peter stood up with the eleven disciples and addressed a crowd saying:

Acts 2:22 “Men of Israel, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know.”

to be continued....

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   

continue....

For Peter, Jesus was a servant of God (confirmed in Matthew 12:18):

Acts 3:13 “The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his servant Jesus.”

Acts 3:26 “God raised up his servant...”

When faced by opposition from the authorities, Peter said:

Acts 5:29-30 “We must obey God rather than men! The God of our fathers raised Jesus...”

The disciples prayed to God just as they were commanded by Jesus in Luke 11:2, and considered Jesus to be God’s servant,

Acts 4:24 “...they raised their voices together in prayer to God. ‘Sovereign Lord,’ they said, ‘you made the heaven and the earth and the sea, and everything in them.’”

Acts 4:27 “...your holy servant Jesus, whom you anointed.”

Acts 4:30 “…of Your holy servant Jesus.”

This is exactly what the Quran states of Jesus:

Quran 19: 30 “…I am indeed a servant of God.”

8. The Bible says that Jesus was God’s servant, chosen one, and beloved.

Matt. 12:18 “Behold, My servant, whom I have chosen, in whom My soul is well pleased.”

Since Jesus is God’s servant, Jesus can not be God.

9. The Bible says that Jesus could not Do Anything by Himself.

John 5:19 “The son can do nothing by himself; he can only do what he sees his Father doing.”

John 5:30 “I can of mine own self do nothing.”

Jesus did not consider himself equal with God, rather he denied doing anything by himself.

10. The Bible says that God performed miracles through Jesus & Jesus was limited in what he could do.

Matt. 9:8 “But when the crowds saw this, they were awestruck, and glorified God, who had given such authority to men.”

Acts 2:22 “a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst.”

Acts 10:38 “…he went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.”

If Christ was God, the Bible would simply say that Jesus did the miracles himself without making reference to God. The fact that it was God supplying the power for the miracles shows that God is greater than Jesus.

Also, Jesus was limited in performing miracles. One time when Jesus tried to heal a blind man, the man was not healed after the first attempt, and Jesus had to try a second time (Mark 8:22-26). Once a woman was healed of her incurable bleeding. The woman came up behind him and touched his cloak, and she was immediately healed. But Jesus had no idea who touched him:

Mark 5:30 “At once Jesus realized that power had gone out from him. He turned around in the crowd and asked, ‘Who touched my clothes?’”

Mark 6:5 “He could not do any miracles there, except lay his hands on a few sick people and heal them.”

Quite obviously, someone with such limitations can not be God. The power of miracles was not within Jesus.

11. The Bible says that at times of weakness angels strengthened Jesus; God ,however, does not need to be strengthened.

Luke 22:43 “An angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him [in the garden of Gethsemane].”

Mk. 1:13 “Then the devil left him; and behold, angels came and began to minister to Him.”

Mark 1:13 “And he was in the wilderness forty days being tempted by Satan; and he was with the wild beasts, and the angels were ministering to him.”

Men need to be strengthened; God does not because God is All-Powerful. If Jesus had to be strengthened, he must not be God.

12. The Bible says that Jesus wanted God’s will to be done, not his own.

Luke 22:42: “not my will but Yours be done.”

John 5:30 “I do not seek my own will, but the will of Him who sent me.”

John 6:38 “For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of Him that sent me.”

to be continued..Inshallah (God Willing)

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   

continue...

Are some members of the coequal Trinity subservient, and less than equal, to other members? Even though they have different wills (“I do not seek my own will”), do they obey without question the others’ commands (“the will of Him who sent me”)? Jesus admits to subordinating his own distinct will, yet according to the Trinitarian doctrine they should all have the same will. Should one of the triune partners have to forgo his own will in favor of the will of another member of the Trinity? Should not they all have the exact same will?

13. The Bible says Jesus regarded God’s testimony as separate from his own.

Jesus regarded himself and God as two, not “one.”

John 8:17 and 18: “I am one who testifies for myself; my other witness is the Father.”

John 14:1 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.”

If Jesus was God, He would have not have regarded God’s testimony as separate from his own.

14 The Bible says that Jesus is subordinate to God

1 Corinthians 11:3 “Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.”

1 Corinthians 15:28 “When he has done this, then the son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.”

Since Jesus was subordinate to God, he was not God.

15. Bible says that Jesus grew in wisdom & learning, but God is All Wise & does not (need to) learn.

Jesus grew in wisdom, but God is all wise:

Psalms 147:5 “Great is our Lord and abundant in strength; His understanding is infinite.”

Luke 2:52: “And Jesus increased in wisdom.”

God does not need to learn, but Jesus learned.

Heb. 5:8 “Although he was a son, he learned obedience…”

16. Bible says that Jesus had limited knowledge, but god’s knowledge is infinite

Mark 13:32 “No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the son, but only the Father.”

Since Jesus, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him, did not know, he was not all-knowing, and therefore, he cannot be the God whose knowledge is all-encompassing.

17. Bible says that Jesus was tempted, but God cannot be tempted

Heb. 4:15 “tempted in every way—just as we are”

James 1:13 “for God cannot be tempted by evil”

Since God can not be tempted, but Jesus was, therefore, Jesus was not God.

18. Bible says that Jesus’ teachings were from God, NOT Jesus himself

John 7:16 “So Jesus answered them and said, "My teaching is not mine, but His who sent me.”

Jesus could not have said this if he were God because the doctrine would have been his.

19. Bible says that Jesus died, but God cannot die

The Bible teaches that Jesus died. God cannot die. Romans 1:23 and other verses say that God is immortal. Immortal means, “not subject to death.” This term applies only to God.

20. Bible says that Jesus lived because of God

John 6:57 “I live because of the Father.”

Jesus cannot be God because he depended on God for his own existence.

21. Bible says that Jesus’ powers were given to him

Matt 28:18 “All power is given unto me.”

God is all-powerful, no one gives God His powers, otherwise He would not be God because He would be weak. Therefore, Jesus could not be God.

22. Bible says that Jesus was taught & commanded by God

John 8:28 “As my Father hath taught me, I speak these things,”

John 12:49 “The Father, who sent me, he gave me a commandment.”

John 15:10 “I have kept my Father’s commandments.”

No one can teach God, otherwise God cannot be All-Knowing and would owe His teacher. Since Jesus was taught and commanded by God, Jesus cannot be God himself. The teacher and the student, the commander and the commanded are not one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join