It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would these books be considerd evil to chirstians?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Please delete.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Theone2000]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
i remain neutral.

i respect it as i would any other path a human chooses.

But to put it simply, the forces i have chosen to align myself with require that i do not do so with any other. a notion i have embraced.

i do not believe the content is evil, i think evil is in the mind of the beholder.but it certainly has much potential for evil, as do most things.

i dont have the ego to be able to think i can handle it either, ill take the forbidden fruit as a lesson learned. infact throughout my life its been almost a running joke that anything i delve too deep into, i always wind up feeling ive bit off more than i can chew, and i would have been better off not even messing with it.

few phrases come to mind....

"curiosity killed the cat" and "you dont want to know"

(although who am i kidding, i dive headfirst into most rabbit holes)

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Books aren't evil.

People are.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by LurkerMan
i remain neutral.

i respect it as i would any other path a human chooses.

But to put it simply, the forces i have chosen to align myself with require that i do not do so with any other. a notion i have embraced.

i do not believe the content is evil, i think evil is in the mind of the beholder.but it certainly has much potential for evil, as do most things.

i dont have the ego to be able to think i can handle it either, ill take the forbidden fruit as a lesson learned. infact throughout my life its been almost a running joke that anything i delve too deep into, i always wind up feeling ive bit off more than i can chew, and i would have been better off not even messing with it.

few phrases come to mind....

"curiosity killed the cat" and "you dont want to know"

(although who am i kidding, i dive headfirst into most rabbit holes)

Your right. I will get off the merry go round. the more I find out the more I don't want to know and the more "they" spy on me. -Retired. lol

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Theone2000

Once you question of something being evil, then it is already evil. A clear conscience never gives you doubt of heart. "You know in your heart if you listen."

Jesus only learned from Father! BTW

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Please list the books and links to these. Hopefully they are public domain .
Having read the keys of solomon , ect I am courious as to what books might be out there besides those contained at Twilit Grotto Estoric Archives.
slayerofmen

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Wow, thank you so much for sharing these. I'll take a look at them later, because I'm very interested in the mystery schools. But as for your question, it appears that the church (from its highest ranks in the vatican) is trying to suppress the truth. That's the impression I've always had at least. So if there's ever anything that the church attacks, I become very interested in trying to understand the validity of the church's claims.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Wait! What happened to the OP? You took all of the links away before I could get them! Could you please put them back up, or at least U2U me?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Yes please put the books/links back up please. I'm always interested in books. I don't feel that books or knowledge itself is evil, only the use or application of such knowledge in a manner that could or would harm others is evil. Like the other poster stated, if the church is against something I want to know why. Who made them the guardians or keepers of knowledge?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Yes, please could you either re-post or U2U me with them?
From the discussion, it seems that some could be quite interesting.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Emphursis

I cant their is FASCIST Christians up high in the government (#ing patriot act, spying on every thing I do on my computer. lol
I am now a converted christian only! I'm paranoid of "them"

At my computer trying to save the word behind my type righter. # it! Im only homosapien/human.

www.youtube.com...
I'm not the reason, its not my fault. Its not my problem, I'm not the cause. I'm not your scapegoat, I'm not your GOD. I'm not your martyr, I'd leave you all. I'm not the reason, I'm not your scapegoat. Its not my fault. Its not my problem. I'm not the cause. I'd leave you all.

May Jesus bless us, The above is just entertainment! Hey I'm just a human and this is the U.S.A.
Look up franze burdon and his works he was a good guy. During World War II Bardon was at one point held in a concentration camp for refusing to participate in Nazi Mysticism. Bardon was rescued by Russian soldiers who raided the camp.
Go to scribd.com and look up his books (Search Franz Bardon) its nothing much just hermetics, evocation and qabbalah.
My consciousness is to high and I figured out stuff that my mind cant handle so IM going back to good old Christianity. hmm, maybe I'll even go to church...without paying any money of course. ;P

en.wikipedia.org...

American christian fascists are abusing the patriot act and freedom of speech and religion. I'm not talking about those who monitor Ats. I'm talking about the ones way up high.. They are a threat to the constitution. Anyways it does not mater I figured out enough. I will go to church and be a christian. You guys got to wait 2000 more years and the fascists will be in charge then probably too. lol

www.youtube.com...

PLEASE forgive me my lord for listening to music...the blues and rockn roll I feel bluesy. does that mean I will go to hell If i don't listen to your cheesy music?

top topics

join