It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Presidential Theory

page: 1

join
share:
dz

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
This is something that I've been thinking about lately that perhaps some of you could give me your opinion on.

The topic is the President of the United States.

What I don't understand is why do you have to be of a certain age to be a President? This I think is actually a downfall. Let me explain why..

When you have someone who is 40+ years old, it's hard for them to really envision a future. They're in their older years. A lot of the decisions they make are moreso effecting the "now". If they change this, in 2 years this will be good. If they change that, in 6 months this will be good.

What I think we need is a young president. Someone that will actually change something for the future. Think about it. A president that is 22 years old will still be worried about what's going to happen in the next 40 years because he'll still be here. Our current president is almost 50. He probably won't even be alive in 40 years.

I don't know.. it's just a thought I had in my head.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Well we definatley dont need a 25 year old president thats for sures

Besides the age is to be 35 at least..Which is still pretty young.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I think it has to do with experience mostly...Can you be assured someone that young will know what to do? Of course, he could have the education by then, but would he really know how to apply it? Even by working in the industry, one can gain a much better perspective of the underpinnings of society.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I have an idea that will take this off the beaten path...

I was discussing just today that phrase "kids are our future".

It is an important phrase because who first said it shows a lot about the other people who say it and why they say it.

Hitler was the first person to use that phrase politically, he announced to Germans that "Children are the future" not "our" or any such thing, but "the" and he spoke to the children, the Hitler Youth. His goal was that they believing they had the power not the adults, because they are the future not the adults, would be more patriotic, more concerned.

And they were, many turned in their parents at the drop of a hat when they spoke anti-nazi things.

The Democrats sure ran with this slogan later on didn't they???

Anyways...the idea of youthful presidents is no different with this respect, socities that don't respect the past, are simply doomed to be cruel, and barbarous, and short-lived.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Neo: So what's your point counseler?

Hamman: Point? No, no point. Old men like me don't bother with making points.

Neo: Is that why there are no young men on the counsel?

Hamman: Good point.

Nutzo

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   
To the contrary, age and experience gives you better insight to the future as well as a better understanding of the past. Age and experience is more likely to make one less impetuous, something that a superpower leader does not need to be.

top topics

join