It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women Segragation In Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Israel's 'modesty buses' draw fire
External Source

Naomi Ragen is one of a group of women now taking the separation bus system to court. She is an orthodox Jew herself. "I wasn't trying to start a revolution, all I wanted to do was get home," she tells me. "I was in downtown Jerusalem and I saw a bus going straight to my neighbourhood and I got on and sat down, in a single seat behind the driver. "It was a completely empty bus, and all of a sudden, some men started getting on, ultra-orthodox men. They told me I was not allowed to sit there, I had to go to the back of the bus." Not only is the segregation system discriminatory, says Ms Ragen, but it can also be dangerous, she says, for those like her who ignore it. "I said to him look, if you bring me a code of Jewish law and show me where it's written that I have to sit at the back of the bus I'll move. "And he tried to gain support from the rest of the passengers and I underwent a half-hour of pure hell - abuse, humiliation, threats, even physical intimidation."

Well well, the light of democracy and all that is fair and nice in the middle-east once again shows its true face....

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Yep, the only true democracy in the Middle East, the chosen ones, those enlightened and righteous Jews who we should al bow down to.

This is just one of many examples of the sort of behaviour you don't see reported in the controlled western press. Add to that the treatment of Chritians in Israel, who endure being spat on by these Jewish nutjobs, then there is the open racism and bigotry directed at the Ethiopian Jews resident in Israel, and we start to see a very different picture than the one portrayed by our own media and government members.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
www.midwestfreepress.com...

a story from an american jew about ashkenazi vs sephardim racism in israel

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by asd10

What's up with bull# like that?!?
You are an idiot if you use nazi KKK crap like that for an argument, only thing you do is exposing yourself for what kind of human waste you are.

Whats up with all the stormfront mofo's on ATS nowadays?

[edit on 9-5-2010 by SkurkNilsen]

[edit on 9-5-2010 by SkurkNilsen]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by asd10

Adding you to my Ignore list and would like to encourage all other ATS members to do the same with you and your fellow clansmen.
This isn't stormfront or some other jew hating site, if you do not have the brain capacity to tell the state of Israel from the jewish people you should be deprived of your internet rights.

Deny Ignorance and Ignore Nazi Trash.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
And the Zionists Strike Again

Stupidity Match
Radical Muslims: 1 / Zionists: 1
Go Zionists go!

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Religious orthodoxy/fundamentalism is part of every religion and is always defined via archaic/backward thinking disguised as "tradition" ... the suppression of women is almost always a part of this dynamic.

Though I suspect many will attempt to make this a "jewish/zionist" thing, such endarkenment is a universal element of religious dogma.

[edit on 9 May 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Absolutely true, my point is that Israel has taken the role of beeing the democratic light of the middle east and is in so many cases talk down on their muslim neighbours for doing what, as the OP shows, they themselves are doing.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SkurkNilsen

The issue is Israel is a Middle Eastern country and as ALL Middle Eastern countries, they care too much for religion and Religion is the SUM of all racism
Men against Women
White against Others
Believers against non believers
Orthodox Believers against non Orthodox believers
you name it
kill religion, everything else lives!

top topics

join