It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The craziest photo I've ever seen! (which says alot!)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by potential_problem
What about Absurd? I found it ridiculous, that such people like you, dude, are getting points in "flag contribution level".
I can ASSURE you, that ALL world's mysteries are SAFE with people like you, man.

Damn player hater. You don't have to get all jealous: I'm already a "Gold content contributor" so it doesn't really change anything.

But hey, if you want your society to be like the photo in question here (is it already?) that doesn't mean you have to get all nasty.

I'll tell ya what, send me your photo and I'll put your face in the stage instead of George Bush's.

I mean, is the stage not in the shape of a spooky truncated pyramid, and is the face not inset in the shape of a big eyeball? Furthermore, is similar symbolism not on the back of the dollar bill?

[edit on 9-5-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bunken Drum
The place is just the way it is & the people honestly seem to like it like that.

Ah, in sociology it's refered to as a "Shame Society":

A shame society is one in which the primary device for gaining control over children and maintaining control over adults is the inculcation of shame and the complementary threat of ostracism.

A shame society is to be distinguished from a guilt society in which control is maintained by creating and continually reinforcing the feeling of guilt (and the expectation of punishment now or in the hereafter) for certain condemned behaviors.

My girlfriend lived in Japan and tells me all sorts of example stories of the shame society. They have those people walking around like robots. I always joke that the Japanese need to be liberated, especially the ladies

But it seems Singapore has more strong arm enforcement behind the mere shame elements as Japan,

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

But it seems Singapore has more strong arm enforcement behind the mere shame elements as Japan,
Well, from what I've seen, the "strong arm" is primarily to keep control of foreign workers, of which there are many. I'm not sure that shame society is really it either. For 1 thing, Singaporeans tend to be quite elitist. They honestly think their way of life makes them better than their neighbours, particularly rural Malays.
I also think its very difficult for westerners to understand eastern mindsets. Things like shame are very culture specific & whilst we might imagine that only some form of coercion could produce a particular behaviour, & maybe its partly true, but I've also seen a wholly different set of priorities & a consequently different set of ways of deriving personal pride. For instance, I think Singaporeans are even more deferential to their elders than the Japanese. Still, I've never been to Japan so I'm only going off Japanese I've met travelling so maybe they're not representative. Its not as if shame isn't a huge motivator in the west also, I think its just about different issues.
Singapore also has military service which seems to instill a strong sense of pride in organisation & their nation. They dont think of it as an imposition. Can you imagine how Americans would react to having to do a few years in the military, even if you're going to college? More than that tho, they remain as reservists thereafter.
Still, I dont like the place & when I go, the people I know have to keep a close eye on me to stop me getting into trouble. Then again, I've got myself into trouble in Germany for things I'd never have even considered.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

I appreciate your insight.

I'm wondering if you could tell us more about that photo, such as where is that stage, is that stage always there, or was it 'thrown together' for that event last year? That kind of stuff. And do you have any idea of how I would go about getting some decent video footage of that event?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I imagine Darth Vader up there. Crazy stuff. Whats up wit Singapore lately? I haven't heard much from them lately.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Lol all I see in this thread are just really stereotypical and opinions which are just plain wrong.

Edit: All I'm gonna say is that, if you are a decent person with a hard work ethic and want to work in a really meritocratic place without fear or favor, this is the place to be.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by postmeme]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nematode
Amazing post. I really enjoy it when people see masonic symbols in Orwellian like societies. The pyramid, and the eye, or the number 13.

I don't mean to go off topic, but it seems the symbols you see everywhere are not there by accident. Inauguration of the 45th president.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bb230e541934.jpg[/atsimg]
I see it, do you?

Hi Nematode

That pic is really disturbing. Nice post. Have you any script for it?

peace

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   

According to a poll by the Durex condom company, Singaporeans have less intercourse than almost any other country on Earth. "We are shrinking in our population," the MM says. "Our fertility rate is 1.29. It is a worrying factor."

This is how the New World Order will eliminate 90% of the world's population.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Well, I haven't been there since '03 but I never saw anything that looked like that photo. Singapore is a pretty small place tho so I'd bet it was in the Padang, which is a big field close to the civic centre. I'd think it probably is temporary, or at least most of it is, because that space is used for all sorts of events.
I've emailed a few people to ask, but I'm not that hopefull of a reply because when I was last there I had to take a business decision that really pissed a lot of people off. Basically there was an expectation that my arrival would mean a fix & more money for a project, the same as last time, but it was a disaster so I said no to further funds.
This is a good example of what I mean by different priorities. They took it personally. According to their culture, I ought to have simply refused to go if I wasn't planning to fix the problem. However, I was sent to evaluate what, if anything, could be salvaged from the project so far & if there was anything commercially valuable that was worth more funding. I had to just report to right it off against tax.
The bloke nominally in charge had been almost entirely absent (after taking his cut from the budget) & the talent had absolutely no respect for the bloke left to organise everything. It was a shame because the talent had something to sell, but the management had spent most of the money, got too little for it & it would have cost more than it was worth to carry on. The maddest thing is that, with me (an older bloke with a track record) in charge, the talent would have carried on without further money, but there just wasn't the budget for facilities or to fly them to the UK. The main issue tho was that the whole team were very uncomfortable with the idea of completely cutting the nominal boss out of the loop, even tho he'd cocked it up badly: loyalty to elders... Its a different world!

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Oh yeah, I forgot the question about video. The National Day is a huge event. I'm sure its on YouTube or Google somewhere. NewsAsia maybe.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss
reply to post by Enigami

Nice response time

But wait, there's more:

In your picture it looks like 13 steps but it's actually 12 steps then the eye, just like there are 12 men standing in line in front of the eye.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
Have you any script for it?

Hi,
I am not sure exactly what you mean by script, but this link will provide you to the original photo as well as others. Those people look like ants!
news.cnet.com...

The first photo on that site shows the pattern of what IgnoranceIsntBlisss was talking about.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Do you remember the American kid who got caned in Singapore for graffiti back in the 90s? I remembered thinking, "wow, what a harsh punishment." Now that I'm older, the link between corporal punishment and police state is undeniable.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Theone2000 linked an article the other day, Have a look at this Pyramid-Eye usage from a BBC article!! I was momentarily stunned.

news.bbc.co.uk...

My theory on chem trails 2 Theone2000
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
This is like Mirror's Edge lol... the picture is definately striking.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Here goes video:

Yep they even paraded military hardware and NWO stormtroopers in front of that stage.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Singapore also has military service which seems to instill a strong sense of pride in organisation & their nation. They dont think of it as an imposition.

Totally not true. Most Singaporeans don't want to serve what we call National Service. We have to serve a continuous 2 year period when we're about 18-20 years old and subsequently have to be called up for a 2-3 week camp every year for the next 10 years. Who the hell wants to do that? Not most of the Singaporean boys I know...

Pardon the bad English (this is the Singapore speak) but we like to say this when asked about pride in serving the nation. "Pride? Pride can eat?" which means - "Pride? Can pride fill your stomach?" We're a practical bunch here...

Oh and we're NOT part of China.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by maldini]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by maldini

I suspect that the Singaporeans I know may belong to a different social group. All the men I know over there were officers when they did their service.
Btw, I know Singapore is not part of China, but I dont understand what would make you think otherwise?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Btw, I know Singapore is not part of China, but I dont understand what would make you think otherwise?

Sorry that wasn't directed at you but just information for everyone.

I have met many people in US and UK where I used to work and study. When I told them I'm from Singapore they would go, "Oh Singapore, which part of China is it in?"

Can't blame them though, it's just a tiny speck on the map.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join