It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animals being animals with other animals.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Hello ATS. I wanted to share an experience I had recently.

As you might know, I like to go mediate outside at nightime and stargaze. Well last night was cloudy and I almost decided to postpone meditation, then I decided that I could still have a very positive session if I just focused on the ground instead of the sky.

So I sit down on my favorite hill, and relax. There were bushes to the left of me, and I was relatively close to them. I felt eyes on me coming from the bushes, but I decided to stay calm. All of a sudden, I see something emerge from the bushes! I could not identify it as it was very very dark outside since the clouds blocked the moonlight. I kept a close eye on this creature and tried to focus on what it was. It walked into a sliver of light coming through the thick foliage of trees from a streetlight, and I identified it as a racoon!

At this point, I was relieved it wasn't some evil demon, but I was still apprehensive since I know racoons get a somewhat bad rap. Well I decided to give it a chance. I sat very still, and observed it as it scavenged around in the dark, and it used its paws to dig. After a while, the racoon came closer and closer to me, and decided I was no threat. So there we were, two creatures of the night, co-existing in harmony. It was a very powerful moment for me and I felt extremely connected to nature. I felt connected to the racoon, and I felt like I picked up some of its characteristics. I found myself acting like an animal, keeping very aware of my surroundings and using my senses to their fullest abilities. It was a really cool experience, and I was living the moment. Super awesome.

I also have other stories of getting along with animals and communicating with them, but I want to hear some of your stories first.

Thank you!

-Sol

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
That can become very normal once you lose the herd mentality of dealing with situations. Since you were along you were able to act as yourself.

I have been very close to deer, small mammals, birds, and lots of reptiles on hikes. If you make no attempt to "study" or single out animals, they will treat you like an animal.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happyfeet
I have been very close to deer, small mammals, birds, and lots of reptiles on hikes.

Yep. Animals know what's up. They can sense your intentions towards them for sure. If you respect them and harbor good vibes towards them, they will not feel threatened and in turn, most likely will treat you with respect back. Unless of course they are some jerk animal or protecting their territory.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Great story. I too had a very similar experience with a raccoon myself. I was reading while sitting under a tree in my neighborhood. I had sat down for only 5 minutes, and heard a rustling above me. My immediate response was to remain calm, as there are many skunks in my neighborhood as well, and I didn't not want to scare it, risking I get sprayed. As I gently leaned forward, I looked up, and saw it was a raccoon. I didn't get up, I stayed seated in cross-legged position, only leaning forward. It climbed down the trunk, upside down in fact, and passed me directly opposite of the side of the trunk I was seated. And this was no huge trunk either, maybe only 4 feet around so we were certainly in view of each other. at the base of the trunk, he peered around and we met eyes. I projected a calm, respectful energy toward it, and it just calmly left in the other direction. I have actually never shared that experience until now, and in fact, almost forgot about it. You are right, animals definitely pick up on what you project toward them. Animals, particularly cats and dogs, have always had an affinity for me. Thank you for your post, it stirred up some nice memories!! Peace

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enigami
Thank you for your post, it stirred up some nice memories!! Peace

It is probably my favorite part about ATS really. People bring up very interesting topics that always get me thinking about my life and past experiences. Good stuff.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Awesome tale OP

I had a similar experience with a baby Praying Mantis one day- My dog had her eye on this little creature, and she loves to gulp down bugs, so I picked it up & put it on our little Olive Tree Bonsai....

I found myself staring at it- and it staring back at me. I took in every detail from it's tiny little legs to it's little red lips, to the spikes on it's legs & the veins in it's wings. At one point it looked as though it was trying to chew it's own leg off as it was 'cleaning it's paws'.... It even grabbed it's one feeler with it's paws and put it in it's mouth...so sweet. We continued to observe each other & not too long after it seemed it was trying to 'hypnotize' me...
Swaying from side to side and moving it's little head. I swear it was fully aware of me being aware of it.

I wanted to keep it, and watch it grow into an adult Praying Mantis, but I knew it would die shortly after being in the house too long.

I then went across the road to put it in my neighbors tree- she is an old lady with a beautiful garden full of flowers- and no animals.

There was a moment between us as I set it free...I will never forget it- no matter how trivial it seems.

(kinda like the cockroach from WALL-E)

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I was just talking about sparking memories through ATS, and jinx, you just did it to me.

I remember this one time I was sitting in my car, in a parking lot. It was the middle of the day and I was just enjoying some music and the day.

All of a sudden, a strange looking bug shows up on my dashboard. It was a very interesting bug, so I decided to get up really close to it to check it out. Oh my goodness, I was then having eye contact with this bug. Like you said jinx, I was looking at it and how intricate it was. We stared at each other for about 20 minutes. I swear the face looked almost human on it. It then crawled out of my car.

We definitely had a moment. It was really cool. Thank you once more for sparking that memory for me.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by SolarE-Souljah]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I did my nighttime outdoor meditation again, and it was yet another pleasant experience. At one point, I felt a presence behind me. Guess who it was? It was that freaking sneaky little racoon! I literally screamed in delight that my nightime buddy was back. For some reason, I feel a connection to this particular racoon. It's really cool. I hope it shows up again in future night time meditation sessions on my favorite hill.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by SolarE-Souljah]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

The beauty of this kind of experience is in the fact that no matter how many times you are lucky enough to have this kind of intimate connection with nature ... each time is as awe-inspiring as the first.

It is very humbling in my opinion ... great OP ... thanks for sharing.

Woody

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Great stories, all of them. It's good to hear people speaking about positive interactions with wildlife. There was a recent thread about cops shooting a fawn in someone's back yard and some of the responses really made my heart sick to hear.
I feel sure your raccoon wll visit you again if you continue your meditations at night

I have been blessed with many animal encounters; it's hard to pick a favorite! I once had a favorite nature trail but was very discouraged to find shell casings lying about one day. I thought of the danger to people and wildlife and spoke a quiet prayer that something could be done about it. A few days later I came to walk in the pre-dawn hours and noticed some skunks in a field as I walked through. The skunks were tearing up little patches of grass looking for grubs so I figured I would follow them later when I came back through to get back to my car.
Tracking these skunks led me to some brush on the edge of the field and led up under some brambles and scotch broom plants. As I left the grassy field and got into the brush I saw something shiny up underneath a small pine sapling. You won't believe this but what I found was the very gun that had left those shell casings on the trail. It was a full-auto luger submachine pistol with another cheap revolver right next to it. This place happened to near some urban apartments where gangbangers lived and I had found someone's gun stash. My prayer was answered!
I turned them into the police who shook their heads when I told them " a skunk showed me where they were".
Nature works in mysterious ways and sometimes our encounters with wildlife help us more than we can imagine. That skunk may have saved someone's life and I am so grateful that things turned out the way they were.
I never did find any more shell casings in the woods after that.
THANK YOU SKUNKS!

Jinx: You might find it interesting to know that the Kalahari bushmen believe God speaks to them through the praying mantis. No bull!

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Asktheanimals]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

There is a reggae band called Soldiers of Jah Army, and there is a line from a song of theirs called "Be Aware," and it is very relevant to this thread.

"Jah is speaking, just listen to the birds, cuz the plants and the animals are all messengers." That line makes my body tingle, because it so ridiculously true. Nature has so much to teach us if we just listen.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I brought up earlier the aspect of taking on some of the characteristics of animals around me.

When I am around dogs, I always always go into doggy mode. When I pass a person walking a dog down the streets, I always give a friendly bark at the dog.

Also, when I actually have time to bond with someone's pet dog, I go full on canine. I have literally gotten on all fours and panted like a dog, and played with dogs like a dog. It's actually really fun.

Have you ever cuddled and took a nice nap with a dog? They are a good lounging around buddy. Good times. I love dogs. They are so cool.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

just something important you said i want to explain,

in truth you should look from what you are looking at as positive objective living there absolutely, that is why it is right that you would adapt your moves according to what is absolutely moving as living there objectively

but then it is you the move positive freedom, and this is done because of that freedom self moves, it is the right way from waht is objective living looking to be detached of meaning like always you alone free positive or neutral

so that is why truth of subjects moves comes out of that fact realisations, what you mean you communicating with that animal is you, what another could mean its positive move being its free right to be alone there it is also his move justification in looking like an animal meaning to get rid of

that is how you can witness how people are right is so many different positions in life realities, they are right always when they move freely through their knowledge of objective reality life while meaning positive more in freedom reality

that detachment of what you are physically to the reference of what is objectively there living physics for what is more living unknown that you consider as free move life you enjoy truth life sense of you there, is what is observable anywhere like positive livings like

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by imans

I know english might not be your first language, so I can understand why your wording sounds a little strange.

But no worries, I totally get the gist of what you are saying. Thank you for your contribution.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Thanks SolarEsouljah, I will check that out. My beleif is that nature is our teachers, every animal, plant, rock, bug. They all have important messages for us but cannot be heard unless our minds and bodies are stilled. Some people think I'm nuts and I;m fine with that. I know my interactions are real and so are the messages I've recieved.
An addendum to the skunk story: A few months after finding the guns I was visiting a friend and we were just hanging outdoors at night. He lived on a busy road and when I looked across the road I could see a mama skunk with her babies headed our way. I saw an imminent disaster coming and I went out in the middle of the road and flagged down several cars to stop (which they did, thank God!). Mama skunk and her babies then scampered across the road safely and traffic resumed. I Felt it was the least I could do after those skunks showed me where the guns were hidden. Payback ain't always a bitch

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Come visit Australia. There are lot's of times like these to be had. I have had this experience countless times, though not the acting like them part, just the closeness with a creature that just accepts you as a fellow creature in the bush or water, not as a threat. Kangaroos, possums, dolphins, dingos, and flying foxes are just some of the creatures that will give you a go and just be happy to chill out near you almost as if they feel safer around you. Sometimes they even let you give them a pet.

My favourite by far though has been an echidna. They are very rare so it was a privilege to have one feel relaxed around me. Though obviously there was no petting him! It took a while, at first he did the instinctive dig in, but he came out and then just wandered around me going about his business of eating ants. It was brilliant.

It really does sound like you would enjoy the nature here. Plus it is mostly nocturnal.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by pablos
There are lot's of times like these to be had. I have had this experience countless times, though not the acting like them part, just the closeness with a creature that just accepts you as a fellow creature in the bush or water

I know exactly what you mean. What I meant by the title of this thread was that we are animals. When we experience these moments with other animals, where they treat us like just another animal experiencing nature and life, it is a great and humbling feeling.

top topics

join