It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7.4 - Northern Sumatra, Indonesia Updated : Tsunami Cancelled

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I dont take much notice of earthquakes reported by the media anymore, the majority just turn out to be nothing.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Yeah, huge CME a couple days ago. No coincidence. Go back to sleep America. There is no coincidence here. Go back to sleep. Here's 80 channels of American Idol. Shut up.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DocEmrick

Hahaha Bill Hicks was brilliant

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Zeropoint
reply to post by DocEmrick

Hahaha Bill Hicks was brilliant

A'men to that.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
I hate to bring this up guys, but didn't we have a massive CME go off just a few days ago?

Originally posted by DocEmrick
Yeah, huge CME a couple days ago. No coincidence. Go back to sleep America. There is no coincidence here. Go back to sleep. Here's 80 channels of American Idol. Shut up.

Originally posted by grantbeed in this thread
Oh no, this means the next big earthquake to hit earth will be directly linked to this CME.

Prepare to take cover.....barrage of "Earthquakes Caused by CME" threads about to hit.

From what I understand, it wasn't even heading in this direction, so it couldn't have been it. Also, if CMEs cause earthquakes, why weren't they causing them before? Did 2010 just suddenly come around, and the sun decided, "You know, I think I'll start releasing earthquake-causing CMEs this year."?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Odd I didn't get a text message about this... I have it setup so I receive any alerts for any earthquakes over mag. 6+, this is the first time it failed to warn me and I don't like that... it's my only way of getting the real news quickly.

But I'm glad we have ATS, if it wasn't for those of us who watch out for quakes the news wouldn't get here in time to help those in the effected areas. I'm certain ATS has provided details in which have helped people many times and I hope it continues, so kudos to you OP

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity

I hate to bring this up guys, but didn't we have a massive CME go off just a few days ago?

Oh no, this means the next big earthquake to hit earth will be directly linked to this CME.

Prepare to take cover.....barrage of "Earthquakes Caused by CME" threads about to hit.

From what I understand, it wasn't even heading in this direction, so it couldn't have been it. Also, if CMEs cause earthquakes, why weren't they causing them before? Did 2010 just suddenly come around, and the sun decided, "You know, I think I'll start releasing earthquake-causing CMEs this year."?

It all can be explained with one word. "HAARP"

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
Indonesians on the coastline must live in fear of this threat constantly .especially since the boxing day tsunami.

I noticed Lucasfilm in Indonesia is always hiring. I wouldn't take that job unless they paid me six digit figures. I really hope everyone is alright in Indonesia.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Well "apparently" I have not seen anything on Fox News about a large wave being reported as a tsunami. So "apparently" someone hasn't been watching or listening to Fox News.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shrukin89

It all can be explained with one word. "HAARP"

again speculation states HAARP can cause earthquakes. All it can do is manipulate weather and clouds. I highly doubt it can.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Magnitude 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010
8.0 to 9.9 1 1 0 1 2 1 2 4 0 1 1
7.0 to 7.9 14 15 13 14 14 10 9 14 12 16 5
6.0 to 6.9 146 121 127 140 141 140 142 178 168 142 74

Earthquakes per year, Sourceearthquake.usgs.gov...

Edit: Sorry about the poor formating, please visit the link.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by srsly_you_guys]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Could it have something to do with the weakening of earth's magnetic field?

John Roach for National Geographic News September 9, 2004
Earth's magnetic field is fading. Today it is about 10 percent weaker than it was when German mathematician Carl Friedrich Gauss started keeping tabs on it in 1845, scientists say.

National Geographic article

According to spaceweather.com the CME could deliver a glancing blow to the planet's magnetic field even though not heading directly our way.. article

[edit on 9/5/10 by Waterdog]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join