It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyber attack could fell U.S. within 15 minutes!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Well yes they could but the attack will come from the banksters who keep threatning to nuke the markets as soon as anyone points the finger at them about fraud.

Two years ago it cost us $12tr in handout's because someone dare do the job we are paying them to do and last week we saw the same twich of the nuke button.

bring it on i say.

if your talking about stoping people browsing the internet then again the answer is yes and backdoor bill at microsoft will had already handed the keys over to the CIA.

Apart from that a major virus attack could bring the net down and it would take a few days to sort it out but without any lasting damage, infact a leson like that would do more good than bad i thinks.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Huh? How many thousands were killed in the WTC? The September 11 attacks were a series of coordinated suicide attacks by al-Qaeda upon the United States on September 11, 2001. 3000 innocents killed! Many maimed for life!

I didn't think anyone still beleived any of that 3 bears in a cave story, you are a dieing breed.

Terrorists and suicide bombers aren't 'human beings'. They are killing machines, brainwashed into killing fellow humans - the 'non believers', the 'infidels'!

Maybe they are very human !

anyone kills my kids or family then i'll take them down one way or another and yes i agree we have muslims, not the odd one, but a lot that given half a chance will rise up and try to take over but the facts are they are in no position just now to do much however i do fear our goverment a lot more than the muslims that are being let in to divide the country and to push income down for people working on low incomes but don't forget it's your own goverment that is letting them in and many are just looking for an easy ride.

Stand back your goverment is farming you and loves you no more than a farmer loves his cows and just now he needs your milk production to go up so he can go to the IMF and use your future milk production as colateral for new loans and the finance adviser will tell him to cram more cows into the field if he wants to become a millionhair.

we might agree on the problom but don't seem to agree on who's realy responcible but i'm sure we could sort it out over a few beers as we chew more cud.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xilvius

To summarize, if you ask me, America has no problems when it comes to cyber space security. We don't let people attack us here at home, cyber space is no exception. This just sounds like a ploy to me, the only thing I could see our gov't claiming that it is unprotected against would be "hackers at home" which again, would more than likely be a ploy for internet censorship, hello USIDent.

Just to add a bit more, the US gest attacked via cyber means rather often. The US just flips them.

The US can't prevent it because there are hackers (and I know this with good knowledge) that can do anything the hackers in our government can do.

Typically, when a hacker is caught they're imprisoned, or flipped. Sometimes murdered but that is rare.

They're flipped because that's the only thing we can really do to stop it. Every measure to defend against an attack is broken rather quickly.

You can see this throughout hacking, not just in the extreme cases. Even the people who hack into software so that it can be pirated and distributed for free have this happened to them (minus the murder part).

An example is that a rather well known pirate who released games, sometimes a week prior to their retail release, was flipped. He vanished off the face of the web for a few months and then all of a sudden, he releases a Mass Effect 2 cracked version prior to retail release.

Friends of his asked what the hell happened and he told them straight up that his placed got kicked in, he was taken away, and forced to work for them instead. Any crack he comes out with now has a string of code that can be tracked by the publishers, since pretty much every game these days requires some form of internet connection. Even if it doesn't have any online features, you need a connection to play more often that naught and the reason for this is because they can now trace people who pirate cracked games.

It's the same thing with high profile hackers, virus makers, etc. A few are publicized and thrown in jail but a large majority are flipped to work with who they were attacking if they were caught, working on both defending the networks they were once attacking as well as attacking the networks of others.

This isn't just government. Corporations do this to. Anyone in a corporation who is an "IT security consultant", that is a hacker.

<< 1   >>

join