It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IE9 vs. Firefox 3.6.3, Chrome 4.1, Opera 10.52, Safari 4.05 vs. Same Markup

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Hello ArMaP

The link is this www.getfirefox.com/

Is this a bad site then,

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by albertfothergill

To me it redirected to www.mozilla.com..., so it means it's not a bad site (at least to me
).

I said that because I once found, for example, a site from which we could download Open Office, but it installed a Trojan Horse and then asked for money to send a key to activate Open Office, that costs nothing.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Is it possible my internet explorer could have a program on it to try stop me from downloading a rival browser, just a thought. My machine is only 3 months old! Thanks for that i,ll try again straight from mozilla cos i never got re-directed.

I,ll let you know how i get on

Albert

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I finally updated Internet Explorer to version 8 and I didn't had any problems using the link you posted.

I even used the occasion to update my Firefox installation.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Chrome has been quite a good browser for me. The speed was the thing I noticed first and foremost when I switched over. I am having some issues as of late though with streaming video, but that seems to be the case with Opera as well. May just be my Ethernet acting up or something. It will just completely just stop playing a video, and you have to reload the page. I lose my connection apparently every now and then.

But Chrome seems to keep me safer, no matter where I go. I'm sure Firefox is just about as quick. Opera seems nice too.

Firefox has "no script" but I don't want the hassle of it.

I guess if I really wanted to be safe, I could do all my surfing in a Linux virtual machine, but I don't have the memory to run it that effectively. Actually, now that I have spare machines, I could set up a Linux machine for my internet surfer and stuff like that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join