It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IE9 vs. Firefox 3.6.3, Chrome 4.1, Opera 10.52, Safari 4.05 vs. Same Markup

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

IE9 vs. Firefox 3.6.3, Chrome 4.1, Opera 10.52, Safari 4.05 vs. Same Markup

news.softpedia.com

Internet Explorer 9’s evolution with the release of Platform Preview 2 is illustrative of the work the company is doing with the goal of achieving “same markup” across all browsers. But same markup (the same HTML, same CSS, and same script working seamlessly across all browsers) is not just about the Redmond-based company. It’s also about developers, standard bodies, the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), and rival browser makers. Same markup is bound to make more sense to developers than to end users, IE9 Preview 1 and 2 are, after all, developer releases. The public needs to think of �
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Looks like the major current web browsers on the market today are in a race keep their clutches on the market.

Internet Explorer 9 is making strides but is still behind in standards compliance like its major rivals, such as its page rendering and overall speed. Fortunately, it now has a JavaScript engine of its own but it has not completely shed its Stone-Age-of-web-browsers remark.

I personally use Opera 10.5x as my primary browser, with Safari 4.05 as my secondary and Firefox 3.6.3 as my tertiary.

What browser do you use?

news.softpedia.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
This is breaking news of browsers competing with each other?or breaking news of which browser you are using?

Is this a BTS computer topic or is this some how linked to

"Member news submissions and discussions covering alternative subjects such as UFO's, conspiracy theory, government secrets, and political scandals."

Like all browsers have a backdoor to your system
that can and will watch what your doing.

Just asking

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilBat
This is breaking news of browsers competing with each other?or breaking news of which browser you are using?

Is this a BTS computer topic or is this some how linked to

"Member news submissions and discussions covering alternative subjects such as UFO's, conspiracy theory, government secrets, and political scandals."

Like all browsers have a backdoor to your system
that can and will watch what your doing.

Just asking

I know this is more of a BTS computer topic and it should be moved there although I do not have a BTS account, only its ATS counterpart.

I wonder if I could post anything on BTS under my existing account...IDK.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ironfalcon

same account ,

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   

i find chrome to be the best.

i have firefox, but it just doesn't cut it compared to chrome. amazingly fast.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I use Firefox currently, but I'm on an older computer it can really slow it down. I want to switch to Chrome but it didn't have all the addons I enjoy and some of them wouldn't function the same. I would like to eventually make the switch back over to Chrome. One or the other usually seems to come up on top in comparison tests.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   

i find chrome to be the best.
Why is everyone switching from FF to Chrome!!!! Seriously guys, come on, do you really want Google to know every single website you visit as well?!?! They know enough! Firefox is leaps and bounds ahead of Chrome, and any other web browser for that matter, and it's W3C compliancy is probably better than any other browser...if Firefox was the only web browser in existence, it would make website development about 100x easier...

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Chrome is a lot faster and sleeker, it was designed to be that way from the very beginning. I already try the newest beta version of chrome, but even without chrome's privacy issue, the fox is still number one for me.
I never really have that speed problem, they're all seem really slow to me.

Besides my fox is heavily customized, I cannot even work using a standar fox anymore. So, I thought why bother moving to chrome, even if it has a lot of similar extensions, it's far from smooth when it comes to operation. Chrome is number two in my book though, eventually the privacy issue can be circumvent by an add on or something similar.

I also have tried other browsers like opera and safari, waste of time, not even a contest.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
If firefox didnt have a memory leak it would be the best browser.

I am glad they are all going to be using the same markup.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
It's almost ridiculous to call Internet Explorer a "major current web browser" when they only have 2% of the market in the first place.

I'm sure they'd like us to think such, but really all I can think of is how desperate they are to get something viable on the market.

The State of Web Development

Note: For further humor, take note of the Macintosh and Windows numbers. Bet ya didn't see that comin'.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by lagnar]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Opera is my favourite browser, and it has been that for some years.

My second choice is Internet Explorer, with Firefox in third.

For testing purposes I also have Chrome and Safari for Windows.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by lagnar

I can get some biased statistics for you, if you want to.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I like Firefox, and use it at work, but due to some issues, I've switched off of it on my home computer.

Now I've started using Chrome, but after installing Opera, I'm started to switch over.

My main gripe now is with GC, and for some reason Firefox at home, they load each new tab next you your current tab. Small issue, but I usually open several tabs, and then like to work my way through them, and it usually menas I get my tabs mixed up.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

It was presented by Web Directions. The survey was aimed at developers and designers. If you can't trust them to tell us what's "best", then who? This is a site many companies look to for advice on future trends analysis.

Perhaps you could explain why you deemed them biased without examples?

Not that it would change my mind or anything. I just don't appreciate subjectivity as much as the next person, and if you think their polls are biased, I'd like to know why...for my own benefit. Do they have some nefarious connection to Mozilla (which I've been using since before it was version 1.0) or Apple or something?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by lagnar
The survey was aimed at developers and designers. If you can't trust them to tell us what's "best", then who?
Users.

If you make a program you must think about the users, and the users are the best way of making any program known.

How did Firefox got such a large share (in some countries)? Because the users talked to each other and promoted it.

If you ask developers they will tell you the one they choose based on their own ideas of what they want to show, not on what people want to see. That's how we got Javascript and JScript, and ActiveX and other things like that.

ActiveX, for example, its still unbeatable as the most powerful way of making web applications, but the security problems are too big to ignore, so it's mostly restricted to intranets.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Mkay, but this survey was asking them what they "use", not what they want to see on the market.

I gotta say, I've never been more satisfied with the browser than mozilla, although I haven't quite made the jump to Mac yet (other than iPod Touch which I find VERY user-friendly).

The results from this survey is pretty much what I expected (other than the Windows Mac thing), for what I've seen in my experience (about 20 years or so), which is what I honestly go by.

I use Safari on a daily basis (on the pod) and Firefox and Thunderbird as well. I have used I.E. in the past, and I've tried Chrome and Opera too., and found them all to be shells of what Firefox offered in security, functionality and personal design. I.E. truly pales in comparison to just about every big browser out there (in all my circles), and pretty much with all my friends as well.

I have been itchin' to try Opera again tho...as I hear it's getting faster than it once was.

But besides all that, I like that Mozilla offered the "choice" to download it (before any others were really mainstream) and use it or not, whereas Internet Explorer was forced down many a throat. That, in itself, is enough to make me boycott it until they change their ways (isn't going to happen any time soon), which seems to be what most people I talk to think as well.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I just tried to download Firefox and explorer 8 is blocking the download. A box comes saying FF is an unsafe site. My explorer 8 keeps stopping working thats why i wanted FF. Any ideas how to get round this as it does,nt even give me a choice to carry on the download!

Thanks

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The web browse i mostly use is Firefox. My favorite was Chrome. But it seemed like every couple of months it messed up and i had to uninstall it. My Favorite browser is SpaceTime or Opera. And Black Bird. Which was designed, no joke, for the black race. Its true. Look it up.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by albertfothergill

Could you post the link from where you're trying to download Firefox? I have never heard of anything like that, maybe you're using a bad site.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join