It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever dreamt of this man?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

HISTORY

In January 2006 in New York, the patient of a well-known psychiatrist draws the face of a man that has been repeatedly appearing in her dreams. In more than one occasion that man has given her advice on her private life. The woman swears she has never met the man in her life.

That portrait lies forgotten on the psychiatrist's desk for a few days until one day another patient recognizes that face and says that the man has often visited him in his dreams. He also claims he has never seen that man in his waking life.

The psychiatrist decides to send the portrait to some of his colleagues that have patients with recurrent dreams. Within a few months, four patients recognize the man as a frequent presence in their own dreams. All the patients refer to him as THIS MAN.

From January 2006 until today, at least 2000 people have claimed they have seen this man in their dreams, in many cities all over the world: Los Angeles, Berlin, Sao Paulo, Tehran, Beijing, Rome, Barcelona, Stockholm, Paris, New Dehli, Moskow etc.

At the moment there is no ascertained relation or common trait among the people that have dreamed of seeing this man. Moreover, no living man has ever been recognized as resembling the man of the portrait by the people who have seen this man in their dreams.

www.thisman.org...

"I have had this recurrent dream for some years now. A tall, dark man shows me a picture and asks me if I can recognise my father in it. The man in the picture is this man I have never seen before, he looks nothing like my dad, nevertheless I inexplicably answer that I do recognize my father. At this point I usually wake up feeling very peaceful. Other times the dream continues, I am standing before my father's grave, I place some flowers on the ground and I realise the photograph on the tombstone is missing."

"I fell in love with him from the very first time I saw him in my dream. Even though if I think about it I must admit he's really ugly. And yet each and every time, he sweeps me off my feet with his romantic gestures and sweet words. He buys me flowers, jewellery, he takes me out to dinner or to the beach to watch the sunset."

"I have always had this dream of flying in the sky over my city and observing my friends from up there. Since I moved to another house I started meeting this man while flying. Not every single time that I have this dream about flying, but often enough. He flies too, but he never speaks."

www.thisman.org...

www.thisman.org...

www.thisman.org...

Sorry if this seems hurried. Even thinking about this creeps me out. It doesn't help that there is a picture of him on every page.

I'm glad I've never dreamt of this man.

Have any of you ATSers seen him in your dreams?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Well, now that I have the image freshly imprinted in my own tweaked mind, thanks to you phlynx, I may very well be seeing him when the lights go out.

Thanks a lot...

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by happygolucky
reply to post by Phlynx

Well, now that I have the image freshly imprinted in my own tweaked mind, thanks to you phlynx, I may very well be seeing him when the lights go out.

Thanks a lot...

I actually have the same worry at the moment.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Yikes. I have not seen him in my dreams. Thankfully. If a balding, middle age guy starts a recurring role in my dreams, I might have to start having a few stiff belts before bed.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Well I never had this man in my dreams. However, I do have a recurring blonde girl in my dreams. She is only in the dreams that have a profound meaning in them, usually dreams that relate to future events that actually happen. It is quite strange, but she is always there and when she appears I make sure to remember those dreams and make note of them, because sooner or later something is going to happen along the lines of the dream. She has shoulder length blonde hair, blue eyes that are very blue, around 5'5, and she often speaks, but has no sound. It is quite strange. Never had this guy though, but now he's probably going to be in all of our dreams...lol..

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

That's what i was thinking..great now i have this image stuck in my head

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I'm with everyone else so far. Never seen him, but am sure that now I will.

I hope that if I do, I forget as I wake up as I would be seriously freaked out if I started to see him and remember him.

Like others have stated..... thanks alot..

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
He looks a lot like the actor Peter Lorre. I've never seen him, but then again my dreams are usually centered around myself and the other people in them are really blurry. 200 people? That's significant and disturbing at the same time.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I have never seen this man. Secretly before I had seen his picture I had hoped it was the 'other man'. but it is not. The man in the picture on this thread is an Elf. He is trapped in between regions. He will also be familiar to literally millions of people, yet they will not remember. it is likely he has been around since the 12th century. I think he is a distant realtion to Rowen Atkinson.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I have had quite a few people appear in my dreams that I don't recall seeing in my waking life but never that man.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Debunked here.

TheAssoc.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Not this again...

That whole campaign was started by a company that specializes in viral or "non traditional" marketing methods.

Yes, there are people who really thought that was the truth, but quick look at media resources and on thisman.org website, can reveal all secrets. Registrant of domain thisman.org is Andrea Natella, (creative director of guerrigliamarketing.it), so it`s a definetively marketing campaign. In other case, If she has just used privacy protection in DNS registrar, and start web marketing campaign in a different way and combined with tactical search engine optimization, she could camouflage this thing way much better.

hubpages.com...

There are better sites that expose this scam, but this ^ was the best one I could find on short notice.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reminds me of that guy from "No Country for Old Men." haha, even creepier now,

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

thats interesting as well because i too see a blonde quite often. rarely see her face though, more like a presence. but they are more noticeable dreams

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I remember having a dream about this figure one time. He pointed me to the buffet restaurant. I'm serious!

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

I really wish the face was less rounded and more oval, that way I might have a case.

For comparison see video evidence here

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I have been having dreams about a blonde for some time now...

... had one the other night about twins too!

Wait, what type of dreams were we talking about?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Yes i have dreamed of this as a child he was in alot of my nightmares. The only thing i could ever tell people was he looked like the guy from Mad mag. He had me locked into a rollercoaster in a undergound cave and it looked like hell...Not b.s/ing All true ('
')

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Shoeon otherfoot]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Well I can safely say that like other I am sure that I will probably run across him now

Typically, when I have a dream thats important there is a Oni involved somewhere, not always specifically in dialog but somewhere along the dream, these are usually the ones I remember. It can be taken either way as the Oni demon is neither good nor evil, it depends on the context.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

hoax

this is a hoax.

proven.

but yeah, haha; i had his face as my background for a year. put it in front of my room-mates faces when they were sleeping so they would wake up to it every day. haha

top topics

<<   2 >>

join