It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucifer = Planet Venus, not Satan - PROOF

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+37 more 
posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
For a long time now i have been fascinated with the Planet Venus after i discovered that the Planet makes a pentacle, Pentagram or 5 pointed star when Earth and Venus are at there closests points when they revolve around the sun:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/cbd8957442f95624.gif[/atsimg]

Since i found this image i became obsessed with Venus. How amazing is this! The Pentagram or Pentacle goes back 1000's of years and the amazing Pythagoreans were one of the first people to use it, but before that the Egyptians and Babylonians were using it:

In Babylon, five-, six- and seven-rayed stars were all used. The pentagram appears in the earliest writing of Mesopotamia (precuneiform pictographic writing), c. 3000 BCE, as the Sumerian sign UB. Its meaning in the cuneiform period (by 2600 BCE) seems to be a Heavenly Quarter and also the four directions (forward, backward, left, right); the fifth direction was "above."

Pythagoras may have become acquainted with the Pentagram during his sojourns in Egypt and Babylon (perhaps 554-533 BCE); in any case the Pythagoreans used it as a sign of recognition

On with Lucifer! NOT SATAN, but the wonderful planet VENUS!

Since i have been using this site the last few months, i have been shocked at how many people are referring to Satan as Lucifer when the true meaning is the planet Venus.

London-born poet John Milton (1608-1674) in his story of Paradise Lost started this whole lucifer mess. For background, i would first like to supply this quote from wiki to let you know why the Jews were talking about the Babylonians:

Babylonian Captivity of the Jews

The Babylonian captivity, or Babylonian exile, was the period in Jewish history from the deportation and exile of Jews of the ancient Kingdom of Judah to Babylon by Nebuchadnezzar II starting with the first deportation in 597 BC of the royal court and other prominent citizens and craftsmen, along with a sizable portion of the Jewish population of Judah, numbering about 10,000[1], and continuing even after the fall of Jerusalem and destruction of the Temple in 587 BCE

Alright, enough back story. Let's get to the Venus! From the book on the freemasons called "The Shadow of Solomon" by Laurence Gardner, i present the confusion of Lucifer:

www.amazon.com...

The story of Paradise Lost concerns the heavenly revolt of Satan, leading to his fall from grace and the establishment of Hell.

There was a passage in the Old Testament book of Isiah 14:12 which prophesied the overthrow of Babylon's king, stating: 'How are you fallen from heaven, day star, son of the dawn!' As is made clear by the term 'son of the dawn', the Isaiah reference was to the King of Babylon, but astronomically the 'day star' or 'morning star' is Venus, which appears in the sky before sunrise. In Latin, Venus 'the light-bringer' was referred to as the lux-fer, or as it was more commonly written, 'the lucifer'.

What milton did was to treat this descriptive femine term as a proper noun in accordance with St Jerome's Vulgate translation, and as it appears in the Isaiah verse today). But more than that - Lucifer was aligned in paradise Lost with Satan.

Of Lucifer, so by allusion called,
Of that bright star to Satan paragon'd.

Prior to 1667, the term lucifer (lux-fer: 'light-bringer') had never been associated with a male entity - and certainly not with an evil Satan. Even after Milton's death, in 18th century dictionaries, the correct reference is given. For instance, the 1721-94 Nathan Bailey's Etymological Dictionary states: 'Lucifer - The morning or day star; the planet Venus, when it rises before the sun'. But, notwithstanding, following Milton's lead, Freemasons were now not only sun cultists - they were also satanists!

And so, from 1667, Lucifer became an alternative name for Satan, while its association with Venus, light bearer and goddess of love, was forgotten by way of clerical indoctrination. What is perhaps surprising is that, more than three centuries later, the Puritan view is still being expressed by a body of hard-line religious extremists. They pretend on the Internet, and in their books, to be investigators into a liberal conspiracy, but in reality they pursue a modern-day which hunt that accuses Freemasons of being satanists and devil-worshipers.

In reality, the 'conspiracy' is entirely on their side and it is they (not the masons) who cling to a medieval belief in Satan, making them so fearful of those whom they accuse.

The clear dishonesty in the Vulgate Isaiah translation can be seen from the word that was misrepresented as Lucifer. The direct Greek equivalent to lux-fer (light-bringer) was phos phoros (from which the Latin and English word phosphorous derives). Where this was used in the New Testament (2 Peter 1:19), it was trasnalted as 'day star'. This is absolutely correct; lux-fer and phos phoros are identical in referring to the light bringer (or light carrier), and the word 'phosphorus' is rightly given in today's Oxford English Dictionary as relating to the morning star. This was never a derogatory term, and was even apploied in relation to the Messiah (Revelation 22:16 - 'I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.')

But the original term used in Isaiah was not phos phoros but the Hebrew word Heylel. This derives from the primitive halal, and is used 165 times in the Old Testament. Examples can be found in 1 Kings 20:11, Psalms 10:3, and Proverbs 20:14, and in each case (along with many others) heylel relates to boasting. Isaiah 14:12 should not read as 'How are you fallen from heaven, day star, son of the dawn!' but 'How are you fallen from heaven, boastful one, son of the dawn!' As the writer of Isaiah intended, this was a direct reference to the Babylonian king, and had no connection whatever to Venus or a light bearer of any kind. Not only was John Milton's misuse of lux-fer thoroughly ill-disposed, it was (as derived from the Vulgate translation) the wrong word in any event.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I hope this helps clear up the whole Lucifer mess. If you see someone talking about Lucifer as Satan, i urge you to point people to this thread to enlighten them. There is a great mystery involved with the Planet Venus and if we can get past this Satanic mix up we may find the truth to why the ancient people were obsessed with this wonderful planet.

For further reading on Venus, please visit my other thread regarding the first "sighting" of Venus. Oddly, the Mayans who were obsessed with Venus called the beginning of our current epoch the "Birth of Venus". This period will end in 2012:

ATS Thread: When was Venus first seen?

+6 more 
posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
You can play all the word games you want with astronomy charts or whatever, but fact remains, billions of people consider lucifer=satan as synonymous terms.

Just because 10 or 15 people on the internet think it's Venus, isn't going to make a dent in the grand scheme of things.

Sorry to inform you of this likely scenario.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

Thats cool, but you have to understand that the writers of those ancient times used the stars and the planets for guidance and of course stories of amazing imagination. Like Persephone and Lucifer, in the greeks time, were used to represent Venus. The Christian/Catholic God becoming human. Egypt had the bull which was the embodiment of Osiris. Even Death itself became an embodient in Europe during the Plague. The stars even represented something of shapes to the humans and we call them constellations.

It is normal for humans to want to associate beings that we cannot fathom into a human/physical form. It allows us some ability to understand what is out of our reach. I do not think it was used as a malicious changing of the word or insertion of the word, but rather a way for the reader to understand an incomprehensible being or entity. However, Lucifer is as associated with Satan just like chicks is associated with girls, hands free devices are just another name for celluar communication and so on and so forth. I would also point out that Satan was the most beautiful angel in heaven and quite possible the best creation of all of Gods creations and Satan was also, most likely, the head of all angels in heaven. Therefore, Venus and Luficer infact could go hand in hand with Satan. Since Lucifer means light bringer and light usually is associated with angels being pure energy of course. And if Lucifer was teh most beautiful, than Lucifer and Satan could both be associated together in a reasonable way.

Cool thread. S&F

[edit on May 8th 2010 by TheMythLives]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

That is really interesting about the pentagram that is made with the 2 orbits. I never realized that.

It's amazing how much Milton and Dante have influenced modern ideas of Satan and hell. Even the physical appearance of Satan is thanks to Paradise Lost.

And Dante's hell of the Inferno is referenced so much that it's become just as much of the collective consciousness as Milton's Satan.

If only those two poets knew what impact their works would have..

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Venus is definately the least aptly named of all planets. Nothing we've ever sent there lasted more than two hours. Heck, If the Romans really knew what it was like, they probably would have named it Pluto.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Nice work.

REEEALLY COOL PLANET TRACK!

but.

Lucifer and Satan are legit "entities" (for lack of a better term).

Satan (Satanael) is a qliphotic entity. I think in the "shadow" of either Tiphareth or Chochmah.

I'm kinda tired right now and dont feel like sourceing it. Sorry bubba.

Lucifer is (and has always been) what its name implies. Lightbearer.

Bringer of Wisdom.

Emerald Tablet? Stone that fell from the crown? Both allegories of ancient teaching.

The thing some dont consider. Wisdom comes at a price. Lucifer "hands" you nothing. His job is to trip you up.

Keep out the "riff raff" sort of thing. Sort of a "tough love". Cant be too sentimental about Lucifer. You will be sorry.

Interesting meditation subject. Huge mystery there. I havent even scratched the surface (not that "advanced" myself
) Meditate on it, just remember one word.

Illusion. Keeping that in mind will keep you safe.

BTW, you sort of beat me to the punch on this post!

[edit on 8/5/10 by felonius]

+4 more 
posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

This is about more than word games. This is about the truth. People have been dumbed down into believing something that was never really true, which is the real issue.
It may start with 10 or 15 people on a site, but since an entire population was fooled into a false belief by one man's book, it is definitely possible to bring people back to the right definition.
ESPECIALLY since it's about something so controversial. Many people have spent their lives blaming "Satan" or "Lucifer", when really they have no idea where the term even comes from, or what it really means.
I believe in halting ignorance and advancing consciousness.
Stop blaming a symbol for your problems people! It's only a symbol!

[edit on 8-5-2010 by prepared4truth]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I definitely agree with you, Beastmaster, but probably very few Christians will. It's too deeply ingrained even though 'Lucifer' is used only once in the entire bible. I do wonder if the name Satan originated with Saturn, since the ancients did worship the planets. The Christ also refers to himself in Revelations as the morning star.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Lucifer was the light bringer. Often referred to as the 'morning star', so Venus is quite plausible. Satan (Ha-Satan) in Hebrew meant adversary. I do not think the two are one in the same, the main confusion comes from Isaiah.

Isaiah 14:12: “How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!”

Specifically from 14:4-16. The name Lucifer is attributed to Satan without any warrant.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Aren't all the sides and angles of a pentagram supposed to be the same?

Here are the five conjunctions starting with the next transit of Venus across the Sun (just for the hell of it).
6/6/2012
1/11/2014
8/18/2015
3/24/2017
10/29/2018

Here's what the conjunctions look like. It's not a very pretty pentagram. Pretty sloppy actually. No two sides are the same length. No two angles are the same.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/137a5b25d24a.png[/atsimg]

Just about any 5 points set around a circle will form this kind of "pentagram".

[edit on 5/9/2010 by Phage]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Aren't all the sides and angles of a pentagram supposed to be the same?

Here are the five conjunctions starting with the next transit of Venus across the Sun (just for the hell of it).
6/6/2012
1/11/2014
8/18/2015
3/24/2017
10/29/2018

Here's what the conjunctions look like. It's not a very pretty pentagram. Pretty sloppy actually. No two sides are the same length. No two angles are the same.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/137a5b25d24a.png[/atsimg]

Just about any 5 points set around a circle will form this kind of "pentagram".

[edit on 5/9/2010 by Phage]

Yes it is not perfect, i agree. If you look at the image i supplied in the OP, you can see that when the pentagram is suppose to close it does not.

Nonetheless, it is extremely close and pretty amazing. There are some other interesting things about Venus:

www.universetoday.com...

Venus rotates very slowly. While a day on Earth takes just 24 hours to complete, a day on Venus is 243 of our Earth days. Even stranger, Venus rotates backwards compared to all the other planets in the Solar System. If you could fly up above the Solar System and then look down at the planets, all of them are turning in a counter-clockwise direction. Except Venus. It's rotating in a clockwise direction.

And one more interesting thing from the same website:

Astronomers measure the brightness of objects in the night sky by their magnitude. Only the Sun and the Moon are brighter than Venus. Its brightness can range between -3.8 to -4.6 magnitude, but it's always brighter than the brightest stars in the sky.

Venus can be so bright that it actually casts shadows. Find a dark night, when the Moon isn't in the sky, and check it out for yourself.

I find this fascinating. Guess who else had the same feelings about Venus? The people who built Newgrange!

There is evidence that Newgrange was not only built to track the winter solstice, but also to track Venus!

On only one of those occasions does Venus pass across the aperture of the Newgrange lightbox, at the point of its cycle where she is at her brightest. On this morning, exactly 24 minutes before sunlight enters the chamber, light from the sun bounces off the surface of the planet Venus and enters the chambers at Newgrange as a collimated beam through the lightbox. For about 15 minutes the chamber is brightly illuminated by the cold, steely light of a full Venus, the third brightest object in the sky. As the ghostly light of Venus moves off the slot, the warm golden light of the sun fills the chamber before it also moves on and the chamber returns to darkness. On all other occasions Venus rises too far north for its light to enter the carefully designed lightbox.

This is pretty amazing. On the same site i found this part particularly interesting:

In Freemasonry, the light of Venus is associated with resurrection. The kings and pharaohs of ancient Egypt were considered to be sons of god because they were resurrected to the light of Venus rising from the direction of the “Way of Horus” over the Sinai.

Venus is very unique. There are so many other things to talk about Venus but i will save it for another thread.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
You can play all the word games you want with astronomy charts or whatever, but fact remains, billions of people consider lucifer=satan as synonymous terms.

Just because 10 or 15 people on the internet think it's Venus, isn't going to make a dent in the grand scheme of things.

Sorry to inform you of this likely scenario.

I'm not sure if you read my post or not, but i quoted an author. This is not some crack pot internet poster like you or myself, this is someone who spent countless days researching his subject.

If i could find more authors talking about Lucifer and Venus i would buy the books immediately.

I forgot about this fact, and i am sure you will appreciate it:

bastet13.blogspot.com...

At one time, the pentacle was used by Christians to represent the Five Sacred Wounds of Jesus. The ancient greeks and romans, among others, considered the pentacle a symbol of balance and health. The pentacle can be seen to resemble or symbolize the human body, the 5 points representing the head and 4 limbs. In the Tarot, the pentacle symbolizes the female suit of Earth - divinity manifesting in matter.

I am only scraping the surface of the amazing Venus.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
onboard2, it's not the Book of Revelations. It's Revelation.

Nothing in that graph shows a pentagram. That is only your imagination. Yes, going by the graph, a pentagram is made. But it's not at one time so it's really not one at all.

If you want to be serious, then it's Saturn, not Venus. The north pole of Saturn is a hexagon. The south pole is an eye.

Also, the devil, Lucifer and Satan are the same. Satan simply means adversary!

The only thing is that like with other creation's of God, men and Satan will use things for the wrong reason. They will pervert, twist and distort the truth.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by TruthSeeker8300]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

It's amazing how much Milton and Dante have influenced modern ideas of Satan and hell. Even the physical appearance of Satan is thanks to Paradise Lost.

I'm a Christian myself, but I've got to agree with you on this point.

I've even seen a television doumentary on "finding the original Eden", which was using geographical features found in Milton (e.g. "steep cliffs on the eastern side") but not present in Genesis.

I also agree with others that the Isaiah passage, in the context, is about the king of Babylon.

Whether this king is also being associated with Venus is still much debated.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthSeeker8300

aye id agree that satan has more to do with saturn /ˈsætərn/ saturnalia

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
wow thats scarry lost without words

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hidden_Hand
Having now answered a question on whether or not our lineage is of Human origin, I can return to tie in that answer with an explanation as to "Who is our Creator". I'm dancing close to the line in answering this, but the record needs to be set straight, and I should just about be able to get away with it without incurring my own 'upline's' displeasure.

Let us get to the crux of the matter.

Your Creator, the one you have called 'Yahweh', is not "God" inasmuch as your bible refers to him as being "the One True God". He is 'a' Creator (or Sub-Sub-Logos) rather than the One Infinite Creator. He is not even a Galactic level Logos, but rather, is the Planetary Logos for this one planet.

Our Creator, is the one you refer to as 'Lucifer', "The Light Bearer" and "Bright and Morning Star".
Our Creator is not "The Devil" as he has been spuriously portrayed in your bible. Lucifer is what you would call a "Group Soul" or "Social Memory Complex", which has evolved to the level of the Sixth Density, which in effect, means that he (or more accurately "'we") has evolved to a level sufficient that he (we) has attained a status equal or arguably 'greater' than that of Yahweh (we have evolved higher than him). In appearance, were you to gaze upon Lucifer's fullest expression of our Being, the appearance would be that of a Sun or a "Bright Star". Or, when stepping down into a 3rd Density vibration, we would appear as what you may term an 'Angel' or 'Light Being'.

Allow me to elucidate:

When an entity (Group Soul Complex) evolves to the level of the Sixth Density, it is by comparison to the amount of time it takes to get that far, a mere hop skip and a jump from 8th Density Ultimate Re-Union with The One Infinite Creator, and then from there, back to dissolution into the Source of All, Intelligent Infinity.

We (our Bloodline Families), as a Group Soul or Social Memory Complex (Lucifer), were on the verge of Seventh Density Ascension, though at this level, before Harvest comes, we have the choice to progress higher, or, to return to help others of lower densities with their own evolution, by passing down our knowledge and Wisdom (Light) to those that call upon us for assistance, with their own Free Will.

Now, at this time, having made our decision to stay and help our Galactic Brothers and Sisters in The One, we were assigned a challenging task by the Council of Elders, who act as the Guardians of this Galaxy from their Eighth Density 'Head Quarters' on the planet Saturn.

Yahweh, due to the fact that he had NOT (as was his right as Planetary Logos) handed down his own Free Will to "know thyself" to those incarnating upon 'his' planet, was having very little evolutionary progress therein. So we (Lucifer) were sent to help. Once the order was given from the Council of Elders, we "Fell", or Descended back to a place where we could, with hard work and focus, once again materialize a 3rd Density manifestation of ourself.

Yahweh had agreed to our coming, in fact it was he who had initially asked the Council for a "Catalyst" of change to enter into his Creation, and share the knowledge and wisdom we had attained through our Ascensions. In the absence of Free Will upon the planet, there can be no Polarity, and therefore, nothing to 'choose' between. Just as is portrayed in the book of Genesis, the planet was very "Edenic" in nature. Sure, it was a lovely 'paradise', yet the Beings incarnating there had no agitator toward evolving beyond the 3rd Density, and therefore, little hope of ever making the journey Home, to The One. Yahweh has been happy to keep his own little pet Eden Project in effect, but with little chance of the Souls here making it Home, it had become in effect, an albeit very beautiful 'Prison'. Yahweh was, in modern parlance, running a benign dictatorship.

Search for Hidden Hand (Window of opportunity) on ATS...

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

"I wanted to meet God; but you sold me religion"

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by dcflux

I think not, that garbage he gave is exactly what we're told to stay away from in the Holy word. What he said is nothing more than new age trash.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join