It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quick! All Georgia Members, Look Up! What is That Bright Star?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I was so dissappointed! Rain the first night I was off, then it was gone! I am going to keep watching that area of the sky, maybe I will be able to capture it on film, but for now it isn't there anymore.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Space cadet I'm in north atl, and I hate this planet Venus (because it's so IN YOUR FACE)... every night when I go to the local store, wherever it doesn't matter, it sticks it's head out and makes me think big giant UFO, Nibiru, whatever... man this thing is a bell ringer for sure.

I go to like Kroger, QT (insert name of favorite really dark parking lot) or wherever and that idiot planet is sticking out like a sore thumb. Anytime I see it and question it, I go look at stellarium's coordinates and sure enough it's this PITA UFO faker Venus.

What's worse, I drag out my telescope, (old meade etx90 piece of junk), look at it and it's a half-ass ball of nothing. Ugly to say the least, no features, no rings, nothing what you would call... "COOL!". It's so close to the sun that even the best earth based astronomers only get a fuzzy mars like view. This planet drives me crazy... Oh well, back to reality, The sight is awesome though.

Don't let it get to you, it's there and always has been. * to you for bringing it up.

It's real and it has a pretty nasty reputation/resolution from the earth, unless you're looking at a hubble version of the same.

Have a good day and enjoy the sight.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by tectonic]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by tectonic

Thanks for that! I feel better now. My hubby and I found ourselves arguing over it. Really. He was swearing up and down that it was moving and not a planet or star. I called him when I got to work and said, ok go look now and see if it is still there. This went on for 2 nights, he finally saw the light (pun intended) and agreed that it was stationary.

I really enjoy looking up though, lol!

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Haha, this thread got me looking at venus more and more lately. Tonight it was up in the west next to a bare crescent moon, it was beautiful. Reminded me of a Serta mattress commercial lol.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join