It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quick! All Georgia Members, Look Up! What is That Bright Star?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
It is just us communicating with Nibaru... Just close your eyes nothing to see here...

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Gouzze]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I live in one of the flight paths to Hartsfield/Jackson airport in Atlanta and have seen planes coming in to land at night and you see the front lights as they come toward you and this looked like a plan coming in for a landing,but it never came closer and never got farther away. I will almost say for certain that this was not a plane coming in for a landing. Well whatever it was bigger and brighter than any other star in the sky. It was also a hell of alot bigger than any other star in the sky.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Well that is amazing it took 3 pages before nibiru was mentioned. I know that was a joke, but hey stranger things have happened. Maybe it was a ship that wanted to pick up some Ga peaches for a cobbler and get some peanuts for the long ride home.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by lencando

Lencando, what you see is most likely Venus, as you describe its position thats exactly where it should be. Venus is often discribed as the "evening star", as it is only visiable prior to sunset or right before sunrise. It never strays far from the sun, and right now it would be to the west, about 45 degrees above and to the left of the setting sun.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by JJRichey

It may have been venus the only problem is it was around 9:30 to 9:45pm when I saw the same thing so if Venus is visible before sunset then it was hanging around for a long time after that. So I would guess that this was not Venus.I live just east of Atlanta and this was bigger then any star in the sky. Not saying it was not Venus, but it was big and bright.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I'm an amateur astronomer but haven't been keeping up to date lately with where all the planets are at in the night sky. I've seen multiple bright objects and I don't believe that's because I live in South Carolina. A quick search will lead to finding multiple bright planets during the night. Or perhaps I suspect Venus which is shining at a very bright -4 magnitude
www.nightskyinfo.com...

which is brighter than anything other than the sun and the moon. Venus is particularly bright right now due to it's highly reflective clouds and it's close proximity to the Earth. Source of information is below.
www.nightskyinfo.com...

Jupiter is also in the morning sky and it is shining at magnitude -2.2 which is bright as well. I don't know if too many of you reading this are aware of this but you can take a pair of 7 x50 binoculars (as long as the sky is dark enough) and spot some moons of Jupiter. These moons will shift location from night to night as they orbit Jupiter. I believe one of the moons of Jupiter is as big as the Earth. I believe Mars is visible too but the super bright object is Venus. It's only 1.4 astronomical units from us which means it's close (relatively speaking) and on the same side of the solar system as we are.

Click on the finder map for early May in the links I posted and you can look for nearby stars to see which object you are looking at.

Also according to the link I posted, Venus is visible until after 10 PM local time.

Just in case anyone is interested in looking at the 4 brightest moons of Jupiter which is quite easy with a dark sky and some binoculars, here is a link.
www.skyandtelescope.com...

[edit on 9-5-2010 by orionthehunter]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Hey, OP, don't feel too blond, everybody makes mistakes
I went out this morning to check the direction and noticed that it was in the western sky. I'm glad to see that correction was made because I was thinking what a weird thing it would be for there to be two...

OK, so it's not the ISS, as it's not scheduled for here. It can't be the shuttle, it was simply the brightest thing I have ever seen.
Fortunately there is not a cloud in the sky today, I plan on buying a camera from Walgreens , since my cell phone camera won't do much, and taking pictures of it tonight when it comes back. Walgreens or CVS, my point being they can put the pix on a cd for me and then I can easily upload them.

If it's Venus then why would it disappear? That's not normal , is it?

I'm getting picks tonight, ATS folks. And I'm way out in the country so there's no worry about lights from the city messing up the pictures.

I will photograph it tonight in all it's phases. Then we can hear from folks like Phage and his kind

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by deenuu
Im on the East Coast of Australia, and every night, low in the south there is a big flashing star; it flashes red, blue and yellow. It is at is brightest between 11pm-1am I have filmed it and its colors are crazy. Ive tried looking for info online but can’t find anything. Id love to know what it is, it moves slowly throughout the night, In line with other stars but looks very different. Could be a planet, but I don’t think it’s a satellite; I saw your post and wondered if it’s the same thing???? Be stoked to find out what it is...

[edit on 8-5-2010 by deenuu]

I see something exactly the same. I am on the Monterey Bay on the central California coast. I haven't been curious enough to research it yet, but it's sure interesting.

It flashes three colors, is about the same size as some of the stars. It also moves along with the other stars through the night.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JJRichey

Ty for your input sounds good to me . I've been looking at it for weeks never noticed it before. But rest assured that I'll be paying attention to it .But totally makes sense to me.. Thank's again JJRichy peace out .

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

When you take the pictures try to get something, preferably the horizon, in the frame for reference. Think about using a vertical format (turn the camera sideways). Note the direction accurately (is it west, or is it actually northwest). Also note the time.

This will all help in determining what you are looking at.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

When you take the pictures try to get something, preferably the horizon, in the frame for reference. Think about using a vertical format (turn the camera sideways). Note the direction accurately (is it west, or is it actually northwest). Also note the time.

This will all help in determining what you are looking at.

This is cool, it's like I have a mini project for ATS. Thank you for your advice. I will keep it in mind. Does this sound like it's Venus, Phage?
If it's Nibiru and I'm the first to get true evidence of it then I want to name the planet Dragonsmusic

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

If it is low in the western sky right after sunset, it's Venus.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

It's low and in the Western sky, but it stays there long after dark, it's the brightest one there, and then it goes somewhere, I don't know where. I will document all the pictures with times. Thanks for your reply.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Well it was there again tonight, brighter than anything in the sky. And then it dissappears in about 30 min moving to the western horizon. I cannot wait to see if it is there again tommorrow night! I will have a camera then and will upload to ATS whatever I get.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

The thing I love about "space" is that no "matter" where I'm at, it always surrounds me!

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I've had friends in Scotland, USA and New Zealand who have seen similar star-like objects. It's large, moves around, changes colour, stays put, moves again, disappears then reappears. Normal stars like Venus don't do this.

This site below gets people to send in their photos and stories of this 'star'.
It now has well over 100 sightings, and more are added monthly.

www.share-international.org...

The explanation given for this 'star-like' object is out in left-field, but nonetheless people everywhere are seeing this phenomena. Some have even stated that it moves or changes colour or size when you ask it to.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay Electronica

It twinkles because of atmospheric distortion,everything outside earth's atmosphere does that......

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Its Venus
check here
www.heavens-above.com...

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I recall something bright in the western sky last night too,so bright that it caught my eye,I discounted it as an aircraft,because it seemed to be moving.

I was tired and taking my dog for her last walk before turning in for the night,so I paid very little attention to it.

I will definitely be watching tonight though.

Hope it's there again tonight!.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by chiponbothshoulders]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

You are right, it IS Venus. I got pictures last night. It's still an awesome sight.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join