It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATM hacker suspect used alias "Barack Obama" and wore wig

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

ATM hacker suspect used alias "Barack Obama" and wore wig

www.afterdawn.com

19-year old Thor Morris, a surfer from North Carolina, was arrested last month after his plans to hack dozens of ATM machines was undone by undercover FBI agents.

Morris was arrested after traveling to Houston in an attempt to steal about $300,000 from 35 different ATMs.

FBI agent Karen Ann Marinos said the suspect "planned to use a confidential operator's manual to reprogram a specific brand of ATM so that the machine would issue $20 for every $1 requested."

In an attempt to remain anonymous, Morris purchased a $400 "Walmart Green Dot PrePaid card," which would then be used t
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.thesmokinggun.com

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
This is very interesting. I guess it was supposed to work like the Vending Machine Hacking from the old Anarchist hand book. lol Does anyone remember those text files that were passed around in the early days of the web. I used to have a copy pre 9/11 days before having material like that got you on the terrorist list.

www.afterdawn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5/8/10 by Djdoubt03]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I think the FBI should investigate Obama...

After all, someone dressed as Obama planning to rob banks for the people sure sounds likes him.

Ah but no... Obama is stealing FROM the people to give TO the banks... Ah yes sorry my mistake.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Hey, the guy stealing $300,000 is a thief and criminal. The guy stealing $3 Trillion you call a president!

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
FBI was undercover; I keep reading more and more about undercover agents. How did the FBI get involved, and at what point?

It sucks to see a 19 year old kids life get thrown away due to a stupid decision.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Ok well we just had a similar incident in Australia and the guy was wearing a burka.

And there was public outcry and everyone wanted the burka banned. Now this guy is pretending to be Obama.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by belial259]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by belial259
Ok well we just had a similar incident in Australia and the guy was wearing a burka.

And there was public outcry and everyone wanted the burka banned. Now this guy is pretending to be Obama.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by belial259]

So we are gonna ban wigs. Come on, it's a logical response. We also have to ban any wearable likeness of the president.
/sarcasm

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Interesting

"pretending I'm the kid"

Sorry All I was doing was going to an ATM,
Yes I said I was the Prez I was going to a party

What proof do you have that I was "planning this"

--

Will they try to charge him with 300,000 or just a plan

--

As said before when did the FBI start watching him
way before he went to Huston, so was he getting his info from
a friend? a relative? .... the inter..net..? or was he set up?

Now it makes me wonder what his parents did and what they are into to
could they be connected some how?

--

Some reason this reminds me of rubbing a penny to the top of Lincolns head and using it for a dime in a vending machine or a parking meter.

Or the ol days of "sliding tray" dollar changers, copying the dollar on a copy machine and putting it in for 4 quarters, untill they changed the machine a few months later. ( only worked on the "tray" sliding change machines, which they don't use anymore )

top topics

join