It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British taxpayers ordered to bail out euro

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

British taxpayers ordered to bail out euro

www.telegraph.co.uk

All 27 EU finance ministers have been summoned to Brussels on Sunday to sign up to a “European stabilisation mechanism. Britain will be unable to veto this as it will be put through under the “qualified majority voting” system.

The deal, effectively to shore up the euro, was denounced as a “stitch-up” last night after it emerged Nicolas Sarkozy, the French President and Angela Merkel, the German Chancellor, had devised it behind closed doors and were attempting to push it through at a time when there is no clear government in Britain.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com
www.smh.com.au

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
It would be disconcerting for taxpayers like us to bail out a country who was financially victimized by the globalist banksters by design, only to perpetuate the unrepayable debt to astronomical levels and further keep the bankrupt country in penury.

The Nazified EU aka Revived Roman Empire is the scourge of Europe as a whole, along with the globalist banksters like IMF, World Bank, ECB, Goldman Sucks, JP Morgan Stanley.

What do you think?

www.telegraph.co.uk

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ironfalcon

Something like this leaves me speechless.

Im lost for words and surely this cant be true..?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire
reply to post by ironfalcon

Something like this leaves me speechless.

Im lost for words and surely this cant be true..?

Why does it leave you speechless?

Britain's part of the EU and whatever the European governments votes for, the citizens of Europe have to buy into it. Unfortunately, this is the first round of bailouts. Portugal and Spain are next. And then after Europe bailsout these countries, the rest of Europe will have to bail themselves out because, well, you are bailing PIGS out.
It's a cute little cycle.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Wow, maybe this is why Nigel Farage almost died a few days ago.

I'm sure he will be a vocal opponet of this crap. I can't believe this, it is truly, undeniably ridiculous. Time for a revolution brits? Oh thats right they took your guns. Well good luck from across the pond, looks like you're going to need it.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Too funny! The UK's fiscal house is in worse shape than Greece's and they're being told to 'bail them out'? The insane are truly running the Asylum.
Don't be surprised if you see people running the halls naked with feces smeared on them.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Were the citizens of the EU countries in support of the EU forming back when it did? I am just wondering if it was forced on the people or if it sounded like the thing to do and the people were in support, back when it was formed?

It is ridiculous to make any taxparers responsible for run away government and banksters mess they got into themselves. It is like they want the citizens to start a war and end this insanity! I am just in shock and awe at the audacity of all the insanity going around the world.

Let's see, we crash the economy, the people lose their jobs and homes, and they are going to bail out countries, states, and BANKS! Wow, sounds like a great idea...right out of Congress or the EU. Are these people all crack heads or something? Just sayin...

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire

This can't be true eh? Wake up people! THE ELITE HAD THIS PLANNED FOR A DECADE at least.

How come many predicted this exactly would happen? BECAUSE IT WAS PLANNED AND WE HAD THEIR DOCUMENTS AND STATEMENTS.

The plan is that all countries fall the IMF then a world government is brought in...

The UK and the US will fall to the IMF. UK before the US.... UK will fall probably before the year is out.

The IMF riots will be across the western world.

People could afford to be brainless idiots hooked on entertainment 24/7, now that they are about to be raped by the globalists, either they will go even deeper into denial, like a drug user, or will man up and see the scam for what it is...

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by spirit_horse

They were not in favor of the new EU created by the Lisbon treaty. If you want a lot more information just search "Nigel Farage referendum" on youtube. About 70% + of people who voted in the referendums were against it. But the communists running the EU won't let all the petty voters get in the way of their power grabs.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Those dirty dogs. And after the most dismal week they've seen in years. They had to hide on a Saturday from the markets.

We knew you were going to monetise that debt. We knew the liquidity had almost dried up and then you were going to have to quantitatively ease your way to the next rollover.

Most thought it would be Bernanke printing $US or the EU printing Euro.

But instead of that, they raided the Sterling!

What are they gonna do devalue it? It's already devalued. And it's not going to change a thing about the debt crisis. It's not going to stop me from speculating.

This must be the secret weapon the finance ministers warned us about. Well guys it's going to have no effect whatsoever. And now not only will the people in the UK lose even more purchasing power, take more inflation like a suppository and watch their living standards drop like a rock. It will be so the French and Germans don't have to.

This is very underhanded. And it will be the death of the EU.

This should show all of you that are for European integration that France is never to be trusted.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
If you ever wanted proof that the EU isn't democratic, this is it. Disgraceful, but what's new.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
the uk nearly bled to death in 2 world wars, they are now about to finish the job, the balance of trade deficit is 46 billion £'s this bailout wont help much, shame the brits are so dumb these days. beer, fags, and footie is all they worry about. (fags=cigarettes)

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Hmm.. Ive had a bit more of a look into this ''below the belt'' move.

I guess they figure that us British can afford that ''little'' bit more.
Originally we were told that the UK wouldnt be involved in this bail out for Greece's effacing economy.

It is a dirty move in my oppinion, if IT does go through.
Although, im expecting a Conservative - Liberal Democrat coalition to be anounced soon which will likely to have drafted a policy that will settle the fluctuation in the market.
And I also wonder if there will be anything they can do..?

Despite- as it said being a Vote in EU.
And everybody taking a blow.

But if anything... That 'AAA rating' will be downgraded soon when Spain or Portugal eventually start struggling.

As said above... The Dominos will fall.

[edit on 9/5/10 by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff
shame the brits are so dumb these days. beer, fags, and footie is all they worry about. (fags=cigarettes)

Do you actually enjoy talking out of your backside?

Do you think we had a choice in any of this? Also, I don't like ''beer, fags and footie'' and I'm English.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Well what do you expect, We are all part of the money machine .There are no more borders, no more invisible fences .Join us and you will be saved ,work and pay your taxes ,complete the cycle and watch civilisation crumble and fall just as the past is the future and so on.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Hmmm, as soon as I read the word "ordered" in this headline, I knew it was from the Torygraph.
Strange then that the BBC have just reported that Alastair Darling said Britain will not sign up.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
This is being enacted using powers gained in the Lisbon treaty but that treaty was just a 'tidying up exercise' with no real transfer of power, right? That's what they told us as one of the reasons not to have a referendum so it must be true....

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ironfalcon

It would be disconcerting for taxpayers like us to bail out a country who was financially victimized by the globalist banksters by design, only to perpetuate the unrepayable debt to astronomical levels and further keep the bankrupt country in penury.

The Nazified EU aka Revived Roman Empire is the scourge of Europe as a whole, along with the globalist banksters like IMF, World Bank, ECB, Goldman Sucks, JP Morgan Stanley.

What do you think?

www.telegraph.co.uk

I think without the Euro speculators would have destroyed the Greec or Spanish currency by now and had put the "European" countries in much more trouble.[as in banckruptcy]Although we bailout Greece [germany much more then the rest]very though times ahead for them.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I just found on a Dutch website that Britain is not joining the emercency plan

www.nu.nl...

Anyhow, what is GB actually doing in the EU?, they dont seem to enjoy it [apart from the freetrade perhaps]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join