It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Emperor Constantine direct the writings of the new testiment?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I feel he did. He took 1 story out of 100's, and put in the bible. (Nothing created by man is infallible. Yes, that even goes for the Holy bible. Created by man.)

Did Emperor Constantine create what we know today as the holy bible. I could be wrong what do you think?

Does the bible have to many holes in it or is it Holy?

I already posted this before in a different thread...but I never got a edducated legitimate answer.

(To mods if its against the rules to post trice, just delete this thread. (Sorry for the trouble, but it was a year (I think.) ago that I posted this and never got the answers I was looking for.)

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Theone2000]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Theone2000

I thought it was well known that the bible was a human document and that it was probably directed by a Roman emperor? I have no doubt that it was directed by a Roman emperor when they were trying to push Christianity. But which one was it? Ceaser? Augustus? It's a good question.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Did Emperor Constantine direct writings of the new testiment?

I don't know, and honestly don't care

That was then. This is now

It took me a lifetime to see it, but now my eyes are open, there's no turning back

What I've concluded that 'religion' is not for my benefit, or yours. It's politically-motivated. It's an agenda to enslave. An agenda to create masses of troops who will fight (in a variety of ways) for the benefit of the heirarchy, whichever heirarchy is immaterial because they're all the same, imo --- are all driven by greed and lust for power

Our religions enslave us early, in the same way as do governments, imo. They programme us early and mould us as future foot-troops to further their own agendas

All religions are based on even earlier religions. And none of them, regardless of how old they are, know any more about god or the afterlife or even the 'reason for life' than do you, I, or that five year old over there

So I don't care what Constantine did or did not do, any more than I care what Ahkenaten did or didn't believe

None of it has any relevance within my life. Just because it's 'old/ancient' doesn't mean it's correct in any way.

Religion is a tool,that's all

And I'm sick of being used, deliberately confused, and lied to

Constantine is dead

The old religions are dead

Time we got ourselves a new one

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Theone2000]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   

All the books of the New Testament were already written before Constantine was born.

There is no evidence whatever that he had any connection with choosing them.

You have raised this suggestion before, fairly recently, and the only evidence you could present was, effectively, "I feel he must have done."

Your feelings are not good enough as evidence.

All the answers to your question are in the attached link

This has all been argued out before

[edit on 9-5-2010 by DISRAELI]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

All the books of the New Testament were already written before Constantine was born.

There is no evidence whatever that he had any connection with choosing them.

You have raised this suggestion before, fairly recently, and the only evidence you could present was, effectively, "I feel he must have done."

Your feelings are not good enough as evidence.

And the four epistles (Matthew Mark Luke and John) were all composed from 13-54 years after the death of Jesus. In a world where whispers cannot pass through a group's ears in a small room without the message being radically changed, what real hope do you hold for the factual story of Jesus of Nazerath surviving perfect translation over decades?

I do not necessarily believe the Christian religion is an "enslaving tool bent on destroying the minds of men"...although the tampering by Roman authorities in composing the bible as we know it certainly lends some creedance in that direction.
I grew up in a Christian household, as a Christian, and while I think I've suffered for it (the guilt complex, wasted time and retarded critical thinking abilities), it gave me a general moral basis which has steered me away from giving violence and deception a foothold in my psyche.

I don't think its the only way however, and definitely more harmful than not.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
*Sigh* Not again. Constantine commissioned fifty bibles known as "Constantines Bible", which left out key elements from the Gospel of Mark, as my memory serves. He actually had very little to do with what books went into the New Testament, and the modern format was actually decided in 495 AD, sixty years after Constantine's death. The translations also predate him, to the most original documents, as the New Testament is not a "copy of a translation, of an interpretation" as some may think, scholars went to the most original for thir sources.

This was the topic of a few recent threads; it's been well covered. I should stop getting worked up about that, eh? I'm aware now how many topics tend to resurface. Sorry about that.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Northwarden]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Milleresque

And the four epistles (Matthew Mark Luke and John) were all composed from 13-54 years after the death of Jesus. In a world where whispers cannot pass through a group's ears in a small room without the message being radically changed, what real hope do you hold for the factual story of Jesus of Nazerath surviving perfect translation over decades?

This argument does not offer any evidence that Constantine had anything to do with it.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   

The old religions are dead

Time we got ourselves a new one

Christianity will never die, nor Judaism. You don't want the new and improved state religion which will be arriving; Lucis Trust at the UN will see to it that it is firmly established anyway. Theosophy, don't fall for it.
It's your bended knee to the Baal of the nwo.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Im a converted christian

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theone2000

Hardcore Christians, if it was for them we would still be in the dark ages without science (As it is a witches tool.)

What exactly is unscientific about requesting evidence for a statement?
You are making statements without adducing supporting evidence.
You are the one who is being thoroughly unscientific in your handling of history.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

Im a good little christian.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Listen I respect your faith and I hope it comes true for us in the end. Jesus is just one way to GOD. I respect your belief. Please respect mine.
..The Bible.. THAT WAS written by Emperor Constantine people.

This is not about faith. This is about the facts of history.
As a student of history, I must point out that you are making assertions about the facts of history- for which you have no evidence, and for which no evidence exists.
These assertions are based entirely on your feelings about Christianity and Constantine.

If I started making assertions about the facts of the world based entirely on my emotions, you yourself would call this an unscientific process.

You claim, as a definite fact, that Constantine "wrote the Bible".
Your statement has no value whatsoever until you can offer evidence. This is one of the most fundamental rules of science.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by DISRAELI]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
OK, fine! Constantine did not edit the bible.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   

OK, fine! Constantine did not edit the bible.

Thank you for conceding that point. I'm not going to press you on anything else.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

top topics

join