It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Devil of Eudora.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
The following is based on a legend.
I think this may belong in the Alien/Mythical Creatures thread, but as I writ the story about the alleged events Ill put it in short storys.

"I.. I got it. Its in the trunk" said the deputy.
"What did you put it in there for?" the sheriff replied.
"Im NOT having that thing in the front! Heck, we dont even know what it is" the deputy shook as he wrapped up his bloodyed wound on his arm.
It put up hell of a fight and both the Sheriff and the deputy where no slouch's their selfs.
They'ed handled drunks and fights a-plenty but this.. this was compleatly diffrent.

It all started when they where patrolling a road on the outskirts of Eudora, Arkansas.
There'd been reports of what was only described as "foreigners" running amuck, poaching game from nearby raunches, and leaving the remains to goad the farmers.
Needless to say, it led to a lot of local disputes...

"Did you see that?" the nervous deputy squeald.
"I seen him, I seen him! We'll catch that fella now!" The two law officers carried on driving past a figure they seen running into some bushes as it noticed the car.
"Right" the sheriff said, "We'll park just up by here and double back and sneak up on the theif. And when I get my hands on him, Ill throttle him!"

They left their car near an embankmemt and quietly sneaked back to where they saw the theif.
The sheriff led the way through the undergrowth, gently brushing the branches aside so as to not aleart anyone that they where coming.
Slowly they got to the area where they had seen the man had run into the bushes.
There was also feathers strewn everywhere.
Somebody had been plucking a chicken.

There was a faint noise coming from near by and the two officers headed in that direction...

Continued next post -

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
"HOLY SH...!" the sheriff cut the deputy off mid-sentence as he put his hand across the deputys mouth.
"Is he naked?" the deputy wisperd.
"I dont know... Hes got some rags around his waste... Wait.. He's eating that chicken raw!" the sheriff let a moment of disgust come into his voice.
"Didnt some loony escape from the local nut house recently?" inquired the deputy.
"Probably... Get your baton ready. These kind of people can get quite violent. We'll slowly sneak up behind him... Ill try and handcuff him, you watch my back."

The officers apprehensively approached the strange man...
The sheriff could smell him. He smelt like a sewer and the way the man savagely ripped into the chicken was disgusting.

Drawing nearer the sheriff started to notice something wrong... This man... He didn't... Look human!

"GET HIM!" the sheriff yell'ed as he dived onto the man, quickly feeling the sign's of resistance and struggle which sent them both rolling on to the floor kicking up dust.
The sheriff was on his back, the man had easily pushed the sheriff off and was glaring at him.

Its eyes were deepest black, ...lifeless, yet they seemed to look right through the sheriff as if he wasn't there.
Paralysed with fear, the thought of reaching for his gun belt was the last thing on his mind.
His life was flashing before his eyes at the prospect of being killed by this monster.

"WHACK!" The deputy clubed the creature across the head with all his might.
Instantly the creature turned and clawed wildly at the deputy, making him drop his baton next to the sheriff.

It lunged on top of the deputy, forcing him to the floor as it violently scrammed and clawed at the over powerd deputy whos only hope was just covering his face with his arm.

"TTHWWRAACKK!" A shattering sound that ended in the creature collapsing in a heap on top of the deputy.
The sheriff was standing over the creature looking on in shock.
The deputy got to his feet.
"Wwwhat... Is it?" fear had overtaken the allready nervous deputy.
Kneeling over it, the sheriff put his handcuffs on the creature.
"Cuff its legs and help me carry it to the car..."

The creature remained unconscious just untill they got to the sheriff's office.
It made a loud yelping noise as they opend the trunk and it was thrashing around wildly.
It was attrackting the attention of people who were outside a nearby pub.

Suddenly a loud scream penitrated the air!
A woman had been walking past and had seen the creature.
The locals where walking over to see what was happening as the sheriff threw his coat over the monster trying to hide it as they done their best to get it out of the car.
With all the noise, there was quitd a crowd building up and the busie pub had emptey'ed out on to the street as more and more people started making a commotion at the sight of the creature.

They closed the door.
The creature lay on the concreat floor, struggling furiously to break free.
Its large globular head shook as the steel of the handcuff's cut into its grey scaley skin.

"Im going to go wire the marshall up in Dallas... He needs to see this thing."

The sheriff left the jail leaving the deputy in charge.
A huge crowd was present outside the building as he left.

"What is it sheriff? Have you caught the Devil?"

The sheriff didnt give an answer.
His mind was a-buzz of questions... He didnt know what was in his jail... What ever it was... It wasn't human...

End.

The Mob in the usual fear of the unknown later stabbed the creature with a hayfork then shot it to death.
The body was then burnt.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Now, I did a story on this because there wasnt anything on ATS about this event.
I felt the best way to do it was by telling a story/fable based on what may have taken place in Eudora.

The event still remains a mystery.
Is it a myth?
Is it the truth?
Or was it a story made up by a country singer?

I looked into the story deeper and found that there is a country and western singer named Tony Joe White.
He claimed that his family witnessed the event which took place in 1949.
But its generally assumed that the story was a legend.

I have a brife extract that gives the creature a discription -

The weird human shaped creature stood 5 feet 3 inches in height, with grey scaly skin, a large globular head and enormous dark eyes.

The story tale amuses me, and if anything, made me write down what may have taken place.
Could this have been an Alien?
Or actually a demon?

Guess we'll never know.

[edit on 8/5/10 by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
It's most certainly a interesting story. I'm going to try and research it a bit and see if anything comes up.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MKultraVideos

Great!
The only infomation I have on this is from a book.
It says how two police officers caught the creature and when locals were aware, they killed it.

It sounds quite brutal.
Doing a google search, I couldnt find nothing other than refrences to the country singer I mention earlier.

The book is called Strange Encounters and has a ISBN number of 0-75253-597-8.

Due to the lack of infomation, I think that it may be a story or at the least a legend that, that singer may have sang about.
Maybe this should be in thd Hoax forum?

[edit on 8/5/10 by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire]

new topics

top topics

join