It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Megalithic stones and stone use all over the ancient world, why ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
As someone who travels to Peru frequently (I'm a tour director), I have to say that when you are standing before ANY of the stone ruins in Cuzco or Machu Picchu, you are awe-struck and dwarfed by their size at the same time.

The first question out of your mouth is, "How in the heck did they move these things?"

I don't think anyone has ever proposed an answer that satisfies. The Inca's descendents get a little hot under the collar when anyone brings up aliens, though. They are proud of the fact that their descendents might have been smart enough to do it without other-wordly intervention.

Thanks for a really great post. I am enjoying it very much.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

check that link for more tie-ins to ley-lines, albeit with North American pyramids, not stone monoliths. But the two concepts are so intertwined. Monoliths are placed on ley lines as a way to mark them. Ancient Native burial grounds were on ley lines too. They believed that it gave the soul a closer portal to the other side. It almost ensured that the passage from this world to the next would be seemless. The pyramids were said to be burial chambers also. Makes sense?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by markygee

maybe aliens saw what we could do and what we'd be able to do given enough time and didn't want to have to share the universe with us and so knocked us down a few pegs, destroyed our tech and influenced our culture's to become self obsessed with toys and gadgets and weapons instead of continuing to develope our opening mind.

Very interesting idea, and possibly not too far away from the truth

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by King Loki

The Cyclopean and Cuzco stonework has consistently puzzled me and I am inclined to believe the true method for creating such multi-faceted joints has truely been lost.

It is interesting that this method of building with stone occurs in two locations so far apart geographically maybe it was a natural evolution of masonary skills for creating such structures but it still never fails to impress me.

Cyclopean

Cuzco

[edit on 9-5-2010 by sherpa]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

S&F for the excellent thread!

This got me thinking, but I'm no physicist, if the electric universe theory has some truth to it, would a plasma core have less gravitational pull than a dense solid mass? I only ask this as a possible means of explanation as to how these monumental structures could have been built so easily.

Maybe there was less dense solid mass 12,000-6,000 years ago and even less dense solid mass 20,000 years ago allowing for taller humans. I know no remains of 'giants' have been found, but maybe they didn't live in places that had the proper conditions for fossilization. Or perhaps they did, but those places are now deserts covered by many hundreds of feet of sand.

Certainly worth thinking about even if not true, anything that keeps the mind in tip top shape is worth pursuing!

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

If the electric universe theory is right, then the Earth would have been smaller at one point allowing for land masses and civilizations to be closer and able to interact with one another, which would more readily explain these apparent "mysteries". It's already known that the universe is most certainly electric in nature, so this is a very strong probability of being true, at least in my opinion!

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Or that they are two of the most seismically active regions in the world and
what we may be seeing here is the best solution for the same problem.

If you want a building to last for perpetuity and you know that tremors and earthquakes occur then clearly this method works because we can see them today still standing.

Parallel evolution or the best engineering solution ?

Just another pebble to throw into the pond.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

Excellent point and I will certainly take that into consideration! Sometimes two groups of people will always arrive at one particular answer as is evident with many modern inventions of one problem, one solution! Personally I would rather it be a smaller less gravitationally dense Earth as it would explain the many mythologies of giants in the old days.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

I believe also many thousands of years ago we where a world spanning civilization. Then the cataclysm happened and it was washed away except for what was left. Here's a couple of other possibilities also. The tools and devices that was used could have been reduced to rust over time, and what was left of the metal or devices was scrapped or used for something else or not even understood except for essentially a doorstop. And if sonic levitation was used (which is becoming more of a possibility), then what about using sonic vibration to cut the patterns needed to get the massive blocks. Like the massive obelisk still at the quarry. The worked channels look like something was used to dig it out like an ice cream scoop. The Egyptians said they used stone balls (diarite) too slowly chip away at the area. I would like to know if this was the way, how where they going to cut away the rock under the obelisk. No sound was used to shatter the rock around the form and then it was shaped or tooled with essentially tools. Then it was levitated to the place it was needed.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
It had to be easy for them. Well, maybe not easy, but not impossible. The possibility is evident. I think we took a left turn somewhere and while "ancients" lived in harmony with their surroundings we hide from it. Somewhere in the wars and conquering nations, we lost the knowledge that made these civilizations amazing. Also, these stones were used for royalty and for their personal use, it wasn't meant for the common person. So the labor, time and access were going to be available because they would make sure it was available by any means. It would be hard to build these structures, yes. Many of them have symbolism in them, of course. But why wouldn't they, the "ancients" lived in harmony with their world not against it. The stars were entertainment and much clearer to view than they are today. So many things of the why's that are brought up make sense when placed into the context of their shoes and what they say their life was and not in our shoes and how we percieve life to be. We really have to get over ourselves to advance further.

Stop looking for air breathing, water dependent life and understand if the dynamics of another world is different than our own than maybe the beings of that world adapted to the world they live in. Why are we so caught up in ourselves when lookin at something else. I get you want to relate it to you to understand it better but, some things are different. Step off the horse get dirty and figure it out, stop thinking we are so superior and we have it all figured out when we clearly don't.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Threads like these are what makes this site so great!

Star, flag, and subscribe!!!

Much appreciation to the op for his hard work and devotion in sharing all of this.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Yea... DEFINATELY S&F my friend!! PUMAPUNKU ....seen this before and yes.. if it really is 17,000 yrs old......it definately raises ALOT of questions! Some of my thoughts were as your's, a gobal society (one world goverment(?)) But, after looking at Puma Punku(sp)....a question was poised in my mind or was 'presented' to me..

"What do you really see there?" As I viewed the video again.. it was definately appreant ..no doubt about it...

Mathmatical Precision of Geometric shapes & Machanical Advantage!!

And my thought on PUMAPUNKU, 'someone' made PUMAPUNKU to be an example to the rest of the world to follow. Some did, not many 1-2 kinda got close. But, the only thing we don't know is.... how long it took them to build it. THAT will be the final answer to understanding the intellegence of race that erected the monolithic structures.

I get the feeling that PUMAPUNKU was built to see if the human race is worthy enough to share deeper insight or knowledge. Ahhhh.. and I just got a kinda scary thought... which I've never put 2 & 2 together..

Was earth visited by an intellengent race long ago and we wanted to know more but, in order to be trusted with such knowledge we had to be tested first ?? Because we all know Knowledge is power....and so did they!

and..here's the other thought... what else do we see today that boggles the mind of mathematical precision..........something that is created right before our eyes with almost the same presicion as PUMAPUNKU?? (IMO)

I'm not going to say in this thread.. but, those that belive in such things will begin to see the big picture..."They" are raising the bar!!

If we want this kinda of knowledge, we are going to HAVE to evole as a species and work together for it, because their IS NO FREE LUNCH!!!!! We must work together for it!!!!!

WOW !!

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Very good post - several sites which I didn't know.

Thanks!

I too believe it is obvious that our "primitive ancestors" had access to a technology long forgotten in order to move these massive objects. I don't for one second believe they moved these stones with manpower, ropes, and logs.

After all, whatever surface they moved them over would require massive foundations just to bear the weight while they were being moved, and no such foundations have been found. Theories of sand ramps running up the side of the pyramids? How is a sand ramp going to support 50-60 tons of rock AND the people required to move them?

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
excellent thread King Loki, s&f for you

i was just watching the new ancient alien first series last night,im thinking of going to veiw a few of these places very soon starting with puma punka,it amazies me and would love to know how and why they where made & how they moved these huge stones

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Amazing thread.

F'd & the S.

Most of this stuff has been covered before, but never altogether. Thanks for compiling all this great information. I look forward to your future threads on some of these monuments and structures.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
What a fantasic thread s+f,looking at pictures of these massive monoliths doesn't do justice to how big they would be when you stand next to them,i don't think it was aliens,never for a minute thought that.
the new finds in japan are interesting & deserve a look i think.
This is why we all come to ATS,great thread with everybody chipping in with bits of info,no name calling or childishness..

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo

Yea... DEFINATELY S&F my friend!! PUMAPUNKU ....seen this before and yes.. if it really is 17,000 yrs old......it definately raises ALOT of questions! Some of my thoughts were as your's, a gobal society (one world goverment(?)) But, after looking at Puma Punku(sp)....a question was poised in my mind or was 'presented' to me..

"What do you really see there?" As I viewed the video again.. it was definately appreant ..no doubt about it...

Mathmatical Precision of Geometric shapes & Machanical Advantage!!

And my thought on PUMAPUNKU, 'someone' made PUMAPUNKU to be an example to the rest of the world to follow. Some did, not many 1-2 kinda got close. But, the only thing we don't know is.... how long it took them to build it. THAT will be the final answer to understanding the intellegence of race that erected the monolithic structures.

I get the feeling that PUMAPUNKU was built to see if the human race is worthy enough to share deeper insight or knowledge. Ahhhh.. and I just got a kinda scary thought... which I've never put 2 & 2 together..

Was earth visited by an intellengent race long ago and we wanted to know more but, in order to be trusted with such knowledge we had to be tested first ?? Because we all know Knowledge is power....and so did they!

and..here's the other thought... what else do we see today that boggles the mind of mathematical precision..........something that is created right before our eyes with almost the same presicion as PUMAPUNKU?? (IMO)

I'm not going to say in this thread.. but, those that belive in such things will begin to see the big picture..."They" are raising the bar!!

If we want this kinda of knowledge, we are going to HAVE to evole as a species and work together for it, because their IS NO FREE LUNCH!!!!! We must work together for it!!!!!

WOW !!

I agree with you that we are being tested. I believe that the common man has passed, but those so called "mainstream scientists" and our government have failed.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
EXCELLENT thread, thankyou very much for taking your time out and bringing us all of this information. I will have a sit down later and divulge it all....Well worth a star and flag for your effort. Thankyou.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by King Loki
CONCLUSIONS

So you guys can make your own minds up on the subject, im not here to tell you what to believe. have fun and be nice with the incoming flames of ATS wrath lol.

ps. i would also like to recommend the new ancient aliens series on the history channel to everyone, especially the Evidence portion of the series which does talk about this subject.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by King Loki]

Oh man! All of that great research and you refuse to to give us your own theories regarding those awesome feats of engineering??!

When I was in college, my ancient history classes told us that the majority of old stone monuments were the result of the ancients trying to incorporate the "Phallus" into their architecture. It sounds kind of funny, but then again, most of the ancients were awestruck by human reproduction.

Who knows...

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
My belief is that the Bible is telling us exactly how and why these monuments were built. Through archeological researches the Bible has proven itself to be a reliable history book. Thus if we read in the Bible that a race of Giants numbering 409,000 were swept to their death by the Flood of Noah why do we not accept it at face value. After all geologists are telling us that the end of the last Ice Age brought a massive flood to large areas of the pre-flood world. According to Professor Jostrum of Sweden in his book "Subdue the Earth" he states that during Ice Ages sea level falls to as much as 6,000 meters lower than it is today. In India a giant human "homo sapien" skeleton has been discovered measuring a massive 80 foot tall. Astounding as that might appear to be nevertheless I assure you that it is the truth. The head alone is as big as my living room. If anyone built such massive monuments then I do strongly think those pre-flood giants had something to do with it all. Obviously such giants were looked apon as being a race of gods. Archeologists might have to start thinking about the pyramids of Egypt in a new light. What if we discover such gigantic monuments at the bottom of the oceans ? Thus what if the pyramids of Egypt were constructed hundreds of thousands of years way before the pharoahs even existed ?

Although you do not mention the ancient civilization known as PETRA it comes as no surprise. PETRA was a city of giants in what is present day Kingdom of Jordan. Situated on the eastern side of the Jordan River. It was the literal city of god. He who ruled that City of Petra is known to us as the LORD. The God of the Old Testament. He rained fire down on the cities of Sodom and Gommorah. As you can see from the satellite photos given below it was a monster. The majority of it was underground metalurgical mining. The underworld of the gods. However, looking at the surface structures, we can see that it must have been a great civilization. Because of a great earthquake the last citizen of Petra died in 363 AD. Since that time the Keys to the City of Petra passed on to the City of Rome. Thus as you see Saint Peters of Rome is the Vatican State and the symbol of that Vatican State is the Keys to the City of Petra. The constructions at Petra are so massive and gigantic that to the modern human scale the ruins are mountains in the landscape. No one can imagine that such gigantic stones are actually the ruins of the buildings constructed by a race of human giants up to 80 foot tall. When Moses and the Israelites were at "Mount Siniai" I believe that in fact they were visiting "El-Shaddai" the LORD of the Mountain. PETRA. The last surviving remnant of the pre-flood giants. Like it says in Exodus 15:3 "The LORD is a man of war. The LORD is his name". PETRA was also called the Rose City. The pride of men would have us know nothing of what those giants were doing. Even their existance is ignored. However, their gigantic architectures and earth workings still remind us that we alive today are only the "little people".

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/78ca4b1b5216.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/94561c33346a.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7a85a4ed2380.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9e6ef9d34fb6.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/446bb22be833.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2b5a04792a67.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0a080fe1a1e7.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5d7701e8f91d.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3b51c8a3099e.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/156616596bda.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a165fbc5929a.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 10/5/2010 by CAELENIUM]