It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nudists investigated in their own home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
A mom and a step dad were investigated by local authorities because they walked around nude in their own home with their 2 young boys present.

Is this too much government control or simply watching out for the safety of the children?

www.fark.com...

It was later decided that charges would not be filed against the parents, but do you think it went too far in the first place with the cops getting involved?

I really don't know what to think about this one.

Peace

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
This is too much controll.

Why is everybody so afraid of nudity? Its most natural thing in world...

Its kinda a funny, nobody lifts an eyebrow when it comes to violence, but it a little nudity and everybody freaks out.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Gromle

I agree with you, shooting someone 50 times is perfectly normal, but show a little too much a## and you're sick and twisted.

One of the issues I have with this story is that the boys were not raised this way initially. When their mother re-married, the boys found out that their new father was a nudist. They told their real father, and instead of confronting the adults one on one, he went staright to the cops.

I believe this should have stayed a "private" matter [ excuse the pun
]

Peace

Peace

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
God forbid it was a woman, step dad and 2 daughters instead of 2 sons. They would both already be in jail right now.

This didn't just come up as governmental encroachment on individual rights though.
The boys evidently told their biological father they were uncomfortable at their mothers house. The father asked police to look into the matter. One son is 11 and the other is 13.

It might be different if they had been brought up that way from birth. But I can understand especially a 13 year old who is uncomfortable with his mothers and step fathers sudden nudity without having been exposed to it in the past while growing up.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The mother and stepfather should be heeding the concerns of the two boys if they felt uncomfortable, and the father should have initially spoken to the mother about it instead of immediately involving the authorities. It sounds like he was trying to point score to me.

One thing that bugs me is that they say the boys saw them accidentally, but the boys are uncomfortable, indicating to me that they have "caught" the mother and stepfather on more than one occasion.

Personally, I don't agree with raising children in a nudist environment at all, but I respect that they are doing this in the privacy on their own home so I'm glad they didn't get charged. Maybe it's time to throw some clothes on and only participate in freeing the flesh in their own bedroom or the nudist resort so the boys don't keep feeling so awkward.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Yes. I totally agree with you on your last post. This whole thing isn't about nudity per se, but more about a sudden change to 2 teen or almost teen boys lives.

It should have been handled privately. But I don't see where the full article broaches that subject.
It does say they do not openly practice nudism in front of them, and that the kids had only seen them nude by accident.

It's hard to think though that all kids at some point in their lives haven't caught their parents nude by accident.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I can see the point about it feeling akward for the sons, not beeing raised that way. But still dont think its wrong. People need to learn that nudity doesnt mean sex.

I dont have anything to back up this claim with, but I'm quite sure kids growing up with nudism has a much more relaxed and natural view on their own body.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Hedonism doctrine is as false as communism. These utopian ideals cannot exist because of the corrupt consciousness of man. Do it because it pleases me and work hard to give the fruits of your labor to others is a narcissistic and false concept. The perverted acts of displaying one’s genitals to your, or other teenage children is sick. These two boys rightly objected to this disgusting display of nudity, and told their loving father. May G_D help this man and his two sons.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Can you please tell me how nudity is perverted or disgusting?
You sound like a die hard muslim. "cover thy body, or the wrath of the elders strike heavily upon thee!"

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Can't post a link may be against TC but do a search for

1965 Movie: "The Raw Ones"

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Gmoneycricket]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
For me, this isn't about nudity. To me, this is a clear case of government encroachment into the home. Parents should be able to raise their kids in any way that they choose, so long as senseless abuse (such as sexual abuse or unwarranted physical/mental abuse) isn't part of the choice, IMO. So what if the children were uncomfortable? Until they are of a suitable mature age, they need to obey their parents, period.

I can definitely understand where these children are coming from because I too would have been uncomfortable but ultimately it should be up to the parents on how they choose to raise their children. Maybe this mother wanted to instill new values or beliefs into their children, after switching values or beliefs herself. What is the harm in that? It would be no different from picking a new religion or even a new eating habit.

If the biological father doesn't approve, then he can either work out an agreement with the mother or he doesn't have to subscribe or let his children subscribe to such beliefs when they are in his care or at his charge. I'm sure that he does things that the biological mother doesn't approve of and who is to say that one is more worthy than the other? As long as the children aren't being hurt, it should be nobody else's place to intervene and that includes the non-custodial parent. Other than that, the two parents should work this out on their own because it is their problem, not anyone else's.

Just because most people subscribe to a certain belief, doesn't mean that everyone should be forced to adhere to those beliefs. I, myself am not a nudist but if someone else makes that choice, it does not affect me and therefore it should not be my place to initiate force against them, such as making them stop or forcing them to raise their children in a way that I see fit.

Our liberties should end only when and where they impede on the liberties of others. Children, before a suitable mature age, are under the liberties of their parents until they are capable of living up to the responsibilities that come with having those liberties. IMO, it is wrong to initiate force (all types of force, physical, financial, legal, etc...) against anyone, for any reason, ever. That doesn't mean that you can't apply force back to someone who initiates it against you. Though children are in the charge of their parents and so liberty for them, should be at the discretion of their parents. After all, it is the parents responsibility. The government should have no business what-so-ever in family affairs.

To me, this isn't about the nudity, but rather, parents raising their children with the values and beliefs that they hold themselves. Because others don't hold those same values or beliefs, they want to initiate force against the people who do and that is just flat out wrong, IMO. What's wrong with "live and let live" or "mind your own business"? Just my 2 cents.

--airspoon

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The government and police need to stay out of peoples business. I grew up in a naturist (the correct term) household. My parents, brother and I were nude inside the house almost 100% of the time...the only exception was if we were cold, or had company. We lived that way till I moved out for college at 17, and I still hang around at home nude today, as does my brother.

I turned out fine. Nudity is natural!

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Gromle

It's simple. People like privacy, and people don't want to hear about the privacy of others, or see it.

Also things being natural and therefore good is an absolutely retarded argument.

new topics

top topics

join