It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oakland Police Shoot and Kill Baby Deer for No Reason *(VIDEO WARNING)*

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by 23refugee

Originally posted by v3_exceed
So hillbilly, since nobody but you has even seen a wild animal, and their all infested with ticks, disease etc, how do you think they survive the rest of the time?

[edit on 5/8/2010 by v3_exceed]
I've read those posts to which you're responding and I can't for the life of me fathom why you would think that poster is of Appalachian descent.
Were he a "hillbilly", let me assure you, he wouldn't be talking about ticks and disease. He'd most likely bemoan the waste of six perfectly good bullets, thus six perfectly good meals.
While its fine to disparage "rural wannabes", I don't think the true "hillbillies", those you're using to insult someone, fall within that category.

Nice of you to omit the part where I suggest he avoid the name calling and stay on topic. Not to mention you contributed noting to the thread at all.

~ Urban Dictionary
The stereotype of a hillbilly is a person who: Is a White Southerner who owns a shotgun, goes barefoot, wears a worn out floppy hat, drinks moonshine and whiskey which he makes himself, plays the banjo or fiddle, drives old beat up pick up trucks, has bad teeth, is poorly educated, has long a beard, wears worn out clothes and hand me downs, and is happy and content with what they have.

Now since the respondents appear to pick and choose which aspects of the previous discussions they would like to read I will recap.

I live in a city.
There are MANY deer here. We see thee deer daily.
In the last 5 years not ONE incident on a person, dog, cat or snake being attacked by a deer.
When confronted by man, dogs, or car the deer leave.
The Deer eat many flowers, deposit turds in the yard. This has been their largest threat.

Now it may be true, that some deer can and have attacked humans. The deer in the video has no antlers. So the comparison to a threatened buck is not accurate. The deer really was trying to get away, as it was very apparently scared. The deer in the video did not need to be killed.

If the threat of the deer bounding on to the freeway was so imminent, the police could easily have kept the deer cornered until animal control showed up and used a dart on it.

Had this been a bear of any size, the police would have found out very quickly how ineffective their hand guns were. I suggest that had it been a bear because a bear DOES pose a grave threat. A bear will not be corralled so easily and a bear can easily kill a grown person with little effort. A bear is NOT a baby deer.

It really is no wonder that almost every species of animal in the US is either on a protected list, or extinct or about to be.

..Ex

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by v3_exceed

Now it may be true, that some deer can and have attacked humans. The deer in the video has no antlers. So the comparison to a threatened buck is not accurate. The deer really was trying to get away, as it was very apparently scared. The deer in the video did not need to be killed.

As I mentioned earlier, the threatened buck never used his antlers once. He used his front hooves exclusively. So the comparison is valid.

If the threat of the deer bounding on to the freeway was so imminent, the police could easily have kept the deer cornered until animal control showed up and used a dart on it.

I disagree. It isn't as easy as you make it out to be to keep a frightened deer cornered. And even after it is darted, it takes a certain amount of time to grog out, typically 15 minutes.

I bring this up to discount the impression of 1-2-3 easy to subdue that you are trying to imply.

Had this been a bear of any size, the police would have found out very quickly how ineffective their hand guns were.

Once again, this is an incorrect statement. Many officers carry .45 ACP or equivalent, plenty to take down a bear. And a bear actually makes it easier by typically climbing a tree, making it easier to control and dart and out-wait.

It really is no wonder that almost every species of animal in the US is either on a protected list, or extinct or about to be.

Yeah, our police are constantly going out on safaris to kill all the raccoons, deer, foxes, rabbits. etc., etc., etc. in the neighborhoods.

All our wildlife are endangered because of the police.

The new motto painted on police cars: "All your game are belong to us!"

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Dont bother, they think they are right and will not budge from their posistion no matter what.

Why do you think I just put out the info and try not to argue with them. You can't change the mind of someone who has a massive ego.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Two insane theory's

1.Deer is a alien with a "cloak" Filter
2.Deer is telepathic

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

I haven't watched the video but just going from the title "Man is a cancer" I have to reply. Man is not a cancer but just one more species that was made to live on this earth. We have as much right to live as any other species. Our greatest advantages are our technology and ability to act in concert in numbers. If army ants were 6 feet long they would rule the planet. Any animal large enough to threaten humans has been extirminated if they live anywhere near settlements of modern humans (I didn't say indigenous). So there seems to be a big difference between technologically oriented humans and our more so -called "primitive" relations. The difference is that indigenous people recognize the right of all creatures to live and learn to live in ways that do not conflict with those of the animals. Perhaps they did hunt to extinction some of the megafauna from the neolithic period but they learned from that and made it part of their beliefs to never hunt anything to extinction. We "moderns" are coming around on that.
We are not a cancer but we do need to control our appetites for land and resources. We must save land to insure that all species left remain viable. Just as we share with our own families we must extend our idea of family to include all life, just like indigenous peoples do. We BELONG here too and we come from that same divine creative spark that made all the animals. Whether or not we make allowances for other creatures to survive is our choice.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

I too think that many people are missing the point. If a deer doesn't belong in the city (which is more our issue than the deer's, as we are the ones that insist on building cities), then hit it with tranquilizer and release it out in the wild, where the population could probably use all the help possible...although i don't know where this happened, maybe the deer population is too high. But, if that's the case, maybe too many wolves or mountain lions have been killed off.

It's all about balance. The animal populations need balance. Urban sprawl needs balance. And certainly, gun use and violence need some SERIOUS balance.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miracle Man

Dont bother, they think they are right and will not budge from their posistion no matter what.

Why do you think I just put out the info and try not to argue with them. You can't change the mind of someone who has a massive ego.
Would you put six bullets into a frightened, cornered, knife-wielding, mentally handicapped eight year old human child?..............no?.............then your whole argument on defending the murder through protection of children bears no substance. You just have no compassion for animals other than human beings, simply put.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Chad_Thomas89]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

To all the gun owners and hunters, yeah, there is a time for that and it is a valuable skill, but it is a bit sick for police officers to be shooting harmless animals where animal control should be called in.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
BART is where police shot & killed [executed] an unarmed man laying facedown on the ground.
www.mercurynews.com...

Police are psychos.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

To all the gun owners and hunters, yeah, there is a time for that and it is a valuable skill, but it is a bit sick for police officers to be shooting harmless animals where animal control should be called in.

Thanks Smoke - you summed it up nicely.

Now, what do you think about the cops? Do you think they could have come out of this Heroes for the little kids watching (and everyone else)?

What kind of message you think this sends to the kids?

Surely NOT that Cops are their 'friends'.

I remember a time when calling a Police Officer a 'Cop; was in-tune with 'Pig'. My how times have changed.

peace

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by slank

Police are psychos.

Seems like they just can't wait to shoot something huh.

I'm surprised one of them didn't taser the deer first.

'See kids, this could happen to YOU if YOU don't SUBMIT!'

peace

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
How hard would it have been to tell the kids to get inside and then chase the deer out of the yard? People are too friggin desensitized.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Where I live, the police would have thrown a blanket over it, taken it to the woods and let it go.
Or if I had found it, I would have made sure my family were safe, then caught it myself, and rang the RSPCA.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miracle Man

You would know this about EGO by looking in the mirror I'm sure.
You wanna be hunting experts are really naive. When you go hunting bear in Canada with your .45 ACP, we suggest you tie little bells around your wrist. This way we can tell what the Bear has been eating by the lil bells in the piles of dung. A .45 will easily ricochet off of a bears head, and shooting it in the body, well, that is just going to piss it off.

And as far as a deer less than a year old compared to a full grown buck this is not even close to an accurate comparison. Gawd, anything to justify killing something with you guys eh. Zero respect for the animals you kill. I'm betting that when you kill a pregnant one you think its a bonus.

..Ex

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by v3_exceed

You're getting awfully snarky with your replies, sir. Nobody is attacking you, so please don't attack us.

People are merely trying to discuss the issue. Sometimes info is presented which needs to be challenged. No need to be so personal when you respond.

As far as what it takes to kill a bear, I think your knowledge, or expertise, is somewhat lacking. I know men that hunt black bears with bow and arrow. As a matter of fact, here's a link for bowhunting for bear in Canada, your own neck of the woods:

www.bowhunting.net...

Sportsmen have more respect for nature than the average person. So your claims about what and how they kill is unjustified.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
While I have no real emotional, irrational bias about life in the food chain, I eat seal meat after all, I find this video very disturbing. When hunting its important for your first shot, to be the kill shot, to avoid undue stress to your prey. The number of shots fired to kill a yearling by this coptard is unreal. How could someone who is supposed to be expert in sidearms have to empty a whole clip just to fell a 65 pound dear. It was torture. It looked like he even shot it in the foot at one point. What a jerk.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The cops here would get a big laugh at these jokers . _javascript:icon('
')_javascript:icon('
')

The police here only will bother with deer if one got hit in traffic or there is a herd standing near a road way . The rest of the time let animal control or the wildlife dept handle it. And we are not a Mayberry sized city either 100k city 250k county wide .

And 6-7 shots to kill this deer these guys need to go back to the range . There is a sweet spot and there is a good old head shot which is a 1 shot kill . I know of farmers who have dropped a small buck head shot with a 22 while it was eating out of the livestock gran barrel .

The dept needs some serious training with these guys .

This was not a danger to the kids or to any one else . It was too small no horns.

At least once a week we have to chase deer 5 - 6 of them some times more with the fawns out of the yard at the company I work for 5 acres of area . They run across a few streets and down to the river bottom again this property is deep inside the city but near the river .

Guess what after 30some years um we have not had one account of them fighting back and attacking a worker . Public safety pfft them discharging a firearm for no reason was a bigger threat to public safety.

_javascript:icon('
')

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join