It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oakland Police Shoot and Kill Baby Deer for No Reason *(VIDEO WARNING)*

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
Just a animal, get over it. Nothing to see here.
Really it's going more and more crazy around here with all those "oooooh somebody should an animal, kill him, crucify him, burn him, send him to hell" mentality.
At least you can cook, eat and enjoy a deer and i bet they did it after killing it. So it served it's purpose as walking food.

Maybe someone could shoot you, then cook, eat, and enjoy you. Then you would serve a purpose. Maybe the same thing should be done to the cops that did this. Just an animal? You're an animal. A monkey. The only difference is, you're a talking monkey, and that makes you the most dangerous animal. A public safety hazard. Shall we put you down? For safety's sake?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
ok saw many things wrong here.. 1 how many times did they have to shoot at close range... 2 A black man!! OOPS now i get it he must have had the gun turned sideways... Anyway if they didnt eat it thenI cant justify the killing...

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

Nothing to see here huh?
I guess you're blind.

The police shoot a defenseless baby animal, in front of children - 'Bambi' no less - and you don't see the problem?

Oh well...

I guess I should try to explain but I fear the point would be completely lost on you.

peace

[edit on 9-5-2010 by silo13]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Miracle Man

A deer that is cornered in a backyard with little children is a public hazard that should be considered very dangerous, no matter the age.

Yes, and that's why little children have homes they can go in to stay safe and watch through a nice big window while waiting for Fish and Game to come and take Bambi back to it's mommy.

Duh.

They chose to kill the deer and they did a poor job of it, but to call this police abuse is nothing more then you being over dramatic.

Just another example of someone who just doesn't get it.
You'd rather try to rip at someone you don't even know than look at the real issue.
Well I for one am not going to hand it to you on a silver plate... You'll have to 'hunt around' and see if you can find it yourself.

If you tell me that every time you shot a deer it was one shot one kill I will be the first to point my finger at you and call you a liar.

lol
I've passed up many a shot for just that reason - I knew I couldn't take my target down in one hit.

And no, lol, I've never had to shoot more than once. That is just so absurd it doesn't even merit a response.

More than one shot?
The day I take more than one shot to kill an animal is the day I hang up my weapon forever.

Point your finger all you want.
I suggest you try first in a mirror.

peace

Edit to remove too many ROTFL's.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by silo13]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Alright, I did not watch the video. No need to show me cops are not hunters and have no idea on how to place a kill shot. They are trained at center mass shooting. Put lead in the target.

That being said. If it happened here, I would have asked the cops for the carcass. After skinning quartering and taking out the backstraps. I woulda had bambi on the barbi.

Bambi on the Baurby anyone?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Hypntick

[quote]This is the exact thing that bothers me. Keep people away from it and let animal control handle the situation. Even if you care nothing for the animal, repeated discharging of firearms in a populated area is not a very wise idea. They say they evacuated the buildings behind the animal, but tell that to someone who has a nice new bullet hole in their bedroom wall.

THANK YOU!

Finally someone who is beginning to get to the heart of the issue!

WOOHOO!

I'd applause you if I could!

peace

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

While this video does make me mad I'm really more sad for the cops who have lost so much of their humanity.

Asktheanimals - I'd truly like to shake your hand.

This is the kind of post I was looking for.

'Cops' have lost all humanity - or - those hiring cops these days are looking for just this 'type' of individual to hire. (Like the woman cop in Seattle how after her partner stomped on the face of a man lying prone on the ground kicked him again and then stood on him like he was a trophy bear)...

There is no excuse for this display of firepower, police brutality and psychological warfare other than to produce the end result of 'FEAR US'.

Cops not just a few years ago would have stood their ground between the deer and the kids, waited for the Fish and Game department and after the deers capture would have gotten a standing ovation and cheers from the little bystanders and their families.

They'd have gone home feeling like heroes, even in a small way.

Now, they go home feeling like butchers - if they feel at all.

'Hey daddy what did you do today at work..'

'Shot a baby deer in little Billies back yard...'

Ugh...

peace

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by v3_exceed

I have seen whole families of deer in my backyard, and they pose no threat what so ever.
In my city, the police ordering the officer to kill that deer, and the officer who shot it would both be up on charges.

As a hunter your whole life, you would know that you don't kill deer that are as young as the one in the video. Absolutely a senseless kill, no matter how you cut it.

As a hunter, I would agree. However, this was not a hunting situation. This was a case of a wild animal in a densely populated area, out of it's element.

As for threats posed by the deer, the biggest threat posed by this deer is that it would dart into the freeway traffic that is traveling at 60 mph+. People swerve to avoid the deer, lose control, and can easily cause fatal accidents.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA that is hilarious. Omg, I haven't laughed like that in a long time. "Razor sharp hooves" too funny.

It may be funny, but it is true. Adult deer have hooves that are very dangerous. Don't believe me? Watch this video. Notice that although the deer has a large rack of antlers, it never once uses them. Instead, it uses it's front hooves to ward off the man:

www.metacafe.com...

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Holy Crap, have we got that many city slickers on this thread? I have been hunting since I was four years old and yes a deer is a public hazard. If you have never seen a deer attack someone before then it is truly something to behold. They can badly maim and kill people rather easily. Now kids in the neighborhood that might be attacked by this deer would surely be killed. Yes they should have in fact gotten animal control in there to get the deer, but I honestly don't know the situation (CA is bankrupt so this is cost efficient). As for the multiple shots, I advise everyone here to go hunting and kill a deer. Unless you hit that thing in the spinal cord to make it paralyzed, it is probably going to stay alive and run around a little bit.

As someone stated in the first page, nothing to see here...unless you are some PETA lunatic.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by v3_exceed
I live is a city where Deer are a constant companion.

Try having coffee with this guy.

The most dangerous part of these deer being present is that they crap in your yard.

Well I'm betting this man was the one to do that during the beating.
Looks like this deer was trained by the Mickey Goldmill of the animal kingdom!

- Lee

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
What ever happened to using Tranq guns and then taking the animal to proper place sedaded? This was a pointless and evil execution. I'm all for hunting and stuff, even deer hunting but this was just pure execution.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
It boils down to this.

They are lazy.

And trigger happy.

What if a kid was playing on the other side of the fence?

Bullets do go through wood fences pretty often.

Oh and you have ricochet dangers as well...

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by v3_exceed

So hillbilly, since nobody but you has even seen a wild animal, and their all infested with ticks, disease etc, how do you think they survive the rest of the time?

[edit on 5/8/2010 by v3_exceed]
I've read those posts to which you're responding and I can't for the life of me fathom why you would think that poster is of Appalachian descent.
Were he a "hillbilly", let me assure you, he wouldn't be talking about ticks and disease. He'd most likely bemoan the waste of six perfectly good bullets, thus six perfectly good meals.
While its fine to disparage "rural wannabes", I don't think the true "hillbillies", those you're using to insult someone, fall within that category.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Thank you. I would like to shake your hand as well. Videos like this used to make me mad, now they make me sad. We have to look at the underlying causes of what happened and address those if we wish for this type of event to stop happening.
That deer died because it was "inconvenient", nothing more, Life, ALL life deserves more respect than this. Plainly we have a sick society and many of the posts here simply reinforce that to me.
Making jokes is one way of covering up any feelings of sympathy and helps one to avoid any pain. All the comments about "mmm, yummy venison" and whatnot are from people who find it easier to deny empathy or they are simply trying to bait others into emotional responses back.
SOME OF YOU know better than that and should have acted as such.
It is this simple lack of respect for life that is, and has been our biggest problem. It has allowed us to destroy the earth and kill our fellow man without the pangs of conscious that should be there. Until we feel and act differently towards our fellow beings we will continue this mad cycle of death and destruction.
Sure, it was just ONE deer; and you are just ONE human. Just like it was one dog that the police killed in that SWAT raid in Missouri. We cannot place the value of one life above another, to do so is to play God.

As for the video of the deer attack the idiotic hunter being attacked sprayed himself with buck urine. The deer is attacking because he believes that man is another buck competing with him for mating rights with the herd. It's not the fault of the deer that man was attacked, it was his own.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Let's replace the deer with, say a teen kid who steals a pack of cigarettes. Or someone's grandparent with dementia, and prone to fight more than flee. Or someone mentally disabled.

You think these cops are going to be any easier on them? If these hypothetical people are lucky, they'll get tazed....

Oh, and animal cruelty is just one step away from people cruelty.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
Really it's going more and more crazy around here with all those "oooooh somebody should an animal, kill him, crucify him, burn him, send him to hell" mentality.
At least you can cook, eat and enjoy a deer and i bet they did it after killing it. So it served it's purpose as walking food.

Just an animal? I used to think like that before I had a pet (Yes I was previously ignorant, until I woke up). Then I realized that they are extremely intelligent, have feelings, care for others, protect one another, and would give their life doing so, I can't say that for most human beings. It's only a persons lack of sympathy and understanding of an animal, which enables them to do ignorant, cruel acts such as these in the video.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I think it's funny that the posters who do not care about the fawn being shot are trying to show that everyone else who believes otherwise is just some stupid city person that does not know jack about country living. What utter BULL. The irony is the fawn was killed because the police officers were ignorant city people who had no idea what else to do with a baby deer. A one year old fawn is not a danger to anyone, period. Oh, and I grew up in a community were they closed the high school down on the first day of deer hunting season. I know a little bit about country living and hunting. And that video of the large full grown buck attacking the hunter is because the genius hunter covered himself in deer faramones at mating season.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by zerotime]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
This is becoming so prevalent that even I'm tired of my much used quip.
"Yet another 'hero' tossing puppies over a cliff."
How have these people become so detached?
Granted, a few posters have no problem with this, but the majority of people seemed to be appalled at these incidents.
If this trend continues, how long will it be before a video of those officers using a board with a nail in it to beat that deer to death elicits a few self righteous grunts of approval?
To whom do these public servants answer?
Doesn't society choose how we police ourselves?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Shooting the deer was wrong and stupid. Anyone that sides with the cops are also. This is what happens when their natural habitats are torn down to build homes.
Stop tearing down their environments and they won't be getting hit by vehicles. Deer come into my yard and I watch them and video tape them. I'm surrounded by woods and plenty of wild life here in Tennessee. Those responsible for murdering this deer are nothing but scum.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthSeeker8300
Shooting the deer was wrong and stupid. Anyone that sides with the cops are also. This is what happens when their natural habitats are torn down to build homes.
Stop tearing down their environments and they won't be getting hit by vehicles. Deer come into my yard and I watch them and video tape them. I'm surrounded by woods and plenty of wild life here in Tennessee. Those responsible for murdering this deer are nothing but scum.

This is exactly how i feel and it is hard to voice this opinion with most people but it is the right thing. We have invaded animals land and it disgusts me. We humans are becoming cancers to the earth.

I love Joe Rogan's view on people as cancer. It is really spot on:

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join