It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oakland Police Shoot and Kill Baby Deer for No Reason *(VIDEO WARNING)*

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I am an avid hunter, but didn't see a point in shooting this deer. It was a good age for steaks though. They did look like idiots trying to shoot it but hey what do you expect from non hunters. Hopefully some one got a few good meals out of it at least.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miracle Man
reply to post by MilzGatez

I am assuming you meant helpless and not hopeless.

Using that assumption, tell me what makes you think that deer was helpless?

Is it because it looks cute and adorable?

oops thanks for that correction, I didnt go back and proofread what i wrote.

And because it was trapped in a little corner... now if the deer was out on an open area, running wild and trying to attack a person, or running towards kid/s then shoot that crazy animal and lets all eat.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
Just a animal, get over it. Nothing to see here.
Really it's going more and more crazy around here with all those "oooooh somebody should an animal, kill him, crucify him, burn him, send him to hell" mentality.
At least you can cook, eat and enjoy a deer and i bet they did it after killing it. So it served it's purpose as walking food.

and YOU are just a complete waste of air flesh and food...

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

If they had ANY compassion, they'd put one behind the ear, and let the poor animal receive an instant death.... not this cruelty

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
To a man with a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

To police with guns, every problem looks like a target to shoot at.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress
I am an avid hunter, but didn't see a point in shooting this deer. It was a good age for steaks though. They did look like idiots trying to shoot it but hey what do you expect from non hunters. Hopefully some one got a few good meals out of it at least.

I agree - they were a bunch of MORONS!! I'm a hunter too, shot Impala, Springbok, Kudu, Wildebeest, etc in SA - But it's HUMANE! As 1 of the top Sharp shooters in SA, 3rd in the country, I MADE sure to hit the spot, instant kill - no pain!

That's what a TRUE hunter does.... this is why this footage makes me MAD!!

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
There are several things that many of you do not take into account.
1) Deer, like any wild animal, when cornered are dangerous.
2) The initial shots are to scare it away and get it to run.
3) Deer that size, care to guess what happens to any car or glass door that has a run in with that animal? Can you say hope you have the right insurance?
4) Until a necropsy is done, you have to be under the belief that it has anything, from disease, to parasites. Oh yeah you cry now, but what about poor fluffy or the cat that gets bit by a tick or a child who gets sick?
5) It is a prey animal. And where you have prey, you have predators, like yotes, and pumas. I guess we can spare bambi for that pooch or cat that ends up at a wild animals dinner.
They may seem cute, and look nice, but the reality is a deer in a residential area is nothing but trouble for everyone around.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by v3_exceed

reply to post by silo13

A deer that is cornered in a backyard with little children is a public hazard that should be considered very dangerous, no matter the age.

I live is a city where Deer are a constant companion. The most dangerous part of these deer being present is that they crap in your yard. I have seen whole families of deer in my backyard, and they pose no threat what so ever.
In my city, the police ordering the officer to kill that deer, and the officer who shot it would both be up on charges.

As a hunter your whole life, you would know that you don't kill deer that are as young as the one in the video. Absolutely a senseless kill, no matter how you cut it.

..Ex

I'm sure they do play in your backyard and I bet your children ride them like little horses too don't they? If you don't think those deer in your backyard are dangerous then go out there and try petting one.

A word of caution, those hooves of theirs are razor sharp. I guess they are like that to add to their cuteness.

Yes a hunter does not kill a deer that young. Good thing these guys aren't hunters were they? The kill is only senseless to city dwelling people.

You probably think killing a snake is senseless also.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
Usually animals like this deer you see here end up being brought to a butcher and donated to homelss(sic) or needy families.
[edit on 8-5-2010 by Darkblade71]

Not in CA.
However, I have lived in CA. In Sacramento, the sheriff deputies wear all black uniforms. The public calls them "black shirts" in reference to the Nazis.
The abuse that happens in the CA jails is an abomination, and should be a crime against humanity. All LEO's are indoctrinated in the jail system. There, they learn to beat up, and abuse prisoners. When they get out, this barbaric paradigm is practiced on the public. Welcome to Kalifornia.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Miracle Man

A tranquilizing dart and recovery crew from the Oakland Zoo could have resolved this problem without loss of life.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
There are several things that many of you do not take into account.
1) Deer, like any wild animal, when cornered are dangerous.

Umm..give it an exit..

2) The initial shots are to scare it away and get it to run.

When the deer tries to run, it gets corralled back into the corner.

3) Deer that size, care to guess what happens to any car or glass door that has a run in with that animal? Can you say hope you have the right insurance?

Same insurance you need when you smoke one on a highway...better a deer than a kid.

4) Until a necropsy is done, you have to be under the belief that it has anything, from disease, to parasites. Oh yeah you cry now, but what about poor fluffy or the cat that gets bit by a tick or a child who gets sick?

You do realize that all of these threats exist even when there is no deer present right? And there is no way you would get near close enough to actually pet this thing.

5) It is a prey animal. And where you have prey, you have predators, like yotes, and pumas. I guess we can spare bambi for that pooch or cat that ends up at a wild animals dinner.
They may seem cute, and look nice, but the reality is a deer in a residential area is nothing but trouble for everyone around.

Ok I'm not sure what a "vote" is, but as far as pumas go, if you have them close by, you have bigger issues than deer. A predator animal that will attack a deer will also attack that fat kid down the block.

I'm not sure you read my previous post. I live in a residential where there is a constant threat of roaming deer. We get full families of deer roaming the streets in packs. The biggest pain in the deer turds left lying around the yard, and they like to eat the flowers.

Sometimes they can be a hazard to traffic, but no more so than the threat of kids running into the street. And if the threat of deer causes people to slow down, it might just save a kids life.

The reality is this deer didn't have to die. If it were just left on its own, it probably would have rejoined its family and bounded back into the woods.

..Ex

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I'm sure they do play in your backyard and I bet your children ride them like little horses too don't they? If you don't think those deer in your backyard are dangerous then go out there and try petting one.

A word of caution, those hooves of theirs are razor sharp. I guess they are like that to add to their cuteness.

Yes a hunter does not kill a deer that young. Good thing these guys aren't hunters were they? The kill is only senseless to city dwelling people.

You probably think killing a snake is senseless also.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA that is hilarious. Omg, I haven't laughed like that in a long time. "Razor sharp hooves" too funny. Even trying to approach a deer is senseless, as they can bound 6 or 7 feet in the air from a standing point, and their reflexes are razor sharp.

My kids aren't stupid enough to attempt to ride any wild animal, not the deer, not the raccoon that we hear beating crap out of the neighborhood cats on a regular basis. And I would pay money to see you grab that raccoon with your hands.

If you try to approach any of the deer, they leave. bound bound bound and gone. We don't have much need to be killing snakes, since we don't really have many wild snakes up here.

What is worth killing is the cougars. they are fast, can easily kill a person and aren't nearly as afraid of you as a deer. So again, killing a deer that is about to crap itself out of fear is not a sign of a hunter, nor protector but a waste of both bullets and bravado. And since you have no idea what I think would be senseless, lets keep the topic on point.

..Ex

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by v3_exceed
The reality is this deer didn't have to die. If it were just left on its own, it probably would have rejoined its family and bounded back into the woods.

..Ex

This I fully agree with.

There are deer everywhere here, so you get used to them and know to watch out when you are driving. Every other day I have to slow down or stop and wait for a few deer to make up thier minds which dirrection they are going to go. Although annoying, it is still pretty cool.

Had the deer been left alone I would say it had an 80% survival rate before getting back into the woods.

I'm just guessing but I doubt these cops had any idea if it was or was not dangerous.

And I seriously doubt they were thinking about dinner.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by v3_exceed

Spoken like a true city boy.

I'm not here to change your mind, I am telling it how it is. The info is out there. Do with it what you want.

I do have one question for you.

If these deer are harmless then why wont you let your children try and walk up on one?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

reply to post by v3_exceed

Spoken like a true city boy.
I'm not here to change your mind, I am telling it how it is. The info is out there. Do with it what you want.
I do have one question for you.
If these deer are harmless then why wont you let your children try and walk up on one?

First off, I'm Canadian. Unlike you rural wannabe's we have real wilderness up here. Our winters WILL kill you, and most of the summers too. I've seen bears up close, and not in a zoo. Moose, as well as a freaking ton of other real wild life. Most of which was looking at me like I'd be real tasty.

The reality is, for those like yourself that are unaware, deer will leave. they will bound away from you if given an exit, and you would have to be "super hero" fast to actually get on one to ride it.

So hillbilly, since nobody but you has even seen a wild animal, and their all infested with ticks, disease etc, how do you think they survive the rest of the time?

The "info" as you put it might be out there, but really Wikipedia should never really be used as a source.

..Ex

[edit on 5/8/2010 by v3_exceed]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I'd shoot a deer that young for meat and population control. The best venison comes from young deer that haven't entered into the breeding cycle yet.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
What a waste of tax dollars and just sickening use of force. How many shots did they fire into Bambi and in someones backyard? Yeah that's safe.
Sic Peta on them.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Ridiculous waste of resources and life for what? Because your scared of Bambi?
Poor deer ; Somebody sic PETA on them.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
This is more utter disrespect for life. We're constantly at war killing people so what's a few animals, huh? That deer was a complete alien being to those police, they know nothing of the souls of wild animals and thus have no respect for such. It's really symptomatic of what cities do to people psychologically. Their total removal from nature carries a cost.
While this video does make me mad I'm really more sad for the cops who have lost so much of their humanity. Is that part of the trade off for the jobs they do? I will try to abstain from judging these men but it was a needless killing and completely unjustified. Firing seven shots is absolutely ridiculous and terrified all the neighbors no doubt who probably couldn't get to sleep for hours after hearing that

More police insanity for all to see. Is it by design we're being exposed to so much of it lately?

PS - I've been eating venison for 50 years and hunt. Don't give me any
"you're such a woosey liberal fa#$%$^&"

OP - Silo, that deer can't be more than 7 or 8 months old at most. It was almost still a fawn. Unbelieveable. Thanks for posting it, sad but I need to know what happens in the world.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Asktheanimals]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Wow this is so cruel... I can't believe that there is still people doing this...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join