It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does it feel like to die? Anyone have any personal experiences?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
What does it feel like to die? Anyone have any personal experiences? If not please indulge in this discussion. From what I heard, from different experiences, most of the time shock comes in quickly and the person does not know what is happening. I have heard also that the dying process is one of the most tranquil moments in our whole lives. What do you guys think?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
i know that my father was there when his mother was dying, and he said that she took a last deep breath and he could see the colour drain out of her from her head to her feet.

the next time he was with somebody who was dying he told their daughter that he was going as he could see once again the colour draining out of them from head to toe, he said that both times it was quite peaceful,

as for dying im not too sure, but i've read from certain things that they feel nothing, sort of the feeling you get when you think about moving inside your head but do not physically do it, as for a guess, i would say it's just like sleeping, the only fear i have is if it would be paralysis where i could hear and feel everything going on around me, but couldnt do anything about it.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Slim

Then get cremated

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I held the hand of my fiance' as she stopped breathing and it almost felt like her energy spread through the whole room.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

As I read you I believe you mean a physical death as opposed to the death of the self ...

I know a little about the latter but nothing about the former.

But in regards to physical death I always found this, although I am agnostic, to be a rather extraordinary thread:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
theres also a lot of articles about people seeing things, i haven't any links though. i wouldn't call myself a religious person, but i would like to believe there is an afterlife and a god, but one thing that stands clearly in my mind was as a child, i was in the back of the car and my whole family were in the car, it was a familiar road to me, but i looked up at the clouds and i noticed something, im sure i must have been seeing things as it looked like a golden cloud in the shape of a staircase, but it was really faint and not golden as in block golden, more of a mist, and i saw a shining light "walking" up them. it's wierd, and it didn't give me any confirmation that a god exists or make me want to be religious, but maybe i wasn't seeing things, who knows

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I have no idea what-so-ever but i can imagine what it would be like, i think it would be extremely terrifying for the split second then peace, ultimate peace but i guess it depend on the manner of death.

My ex girlfrieds mum is a nurse in an eldearly home and she has been around death for 20 years. She told me that death, or the coming of death has a very potent smell that you only really recognise after years of being around it. There was one instance where she told me that she was caring for a dying patient and she was with him as he passed, there were witnesses there to testify. She said that he suddenly sat up in his bed and stared at her and begged her for help as they were coming for him. She told me that he was a murderer in his younger years and just before he died, she saw him fall back onto his bed and a dark shadow came across his face and went through his bed and down into the ground, he was screaming before he died. At the point when he fell back onto the bed he was dead.

Not sure how much truth there is in it or the smell of death but its probably worth investigating in the medical field if it would be possible for an odour to be apparent as the body is dying.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

What's it like to die?

Depends on how you die. Some ways are quick and peaceful, others willl be extremely painful and slow.

Everyone dies, and everyone will feel severe pain in some form at some point in their lives, or at the end of it.

I definitely wouldn't worry about something we have so little control over.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by john124]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
i would guess that there could be a smell, as for the screaming and "them" coming to get him, i doubt it, in your final moments your brain starts to fry and you get random memories, maybe "them" could refer to the police? i have no idea about the shadow, but as i have already said, the skin is meant to change colour as the "soul" is sucked out of you, going down to the floor, i doubt that also (must have been a spill of something that day, everybody must have been having hallucinations :cool

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Not sure how much truth there is in it or the smell of death but its probably worth investigating in the medical field if it would be possible for an odour to be apparent as the body is dying.

Maybe he crapped himself due to loose bowel movements during his final moments.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by john124]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Slim

the skin is meant to change colour as the "soul" is sucked out of you, going down to the floor

haven't heard of that one before, maybe it's simply the blood flowing the way of gravity once the heart stops pumping it to bodily extremities.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
My uncle is diabetic and when he was 20 or so he had an insulin attack, and passed out. he woke up later on the side of the road. He wont talk much about it, but from what I have heard him say , it was very peaceful, he said he went head first in a tunnel of spiraling lights- I imagined it to be like that video game Nitrous Oxide. When ever he got to the end, he wanted to stay. But someone or something told him No and he had to go back.

I was in a wreck when I was 16 and I was knocked out, and I remember smelling what I thought was gas... but I didn't care. It was so peaceful, I didn't want to wake up .

I've heard the brain releases massive amounts of '___' when you die. That may explain some NDE.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
My ex girlfrieds mum is a nurse in an eldearly home and she has been around death for 20 years. She told me that death, or the coming of death has a very potent smell that you only really recognise after years of being around it. There was one instance where she told me that she was caring for a dying patient and she was with him as he passed, there were witnesses there to testify. She said that he suddenly sat up in his bed and stared at her and begged her for help as they were coming for him. She told me that he was a murderer in his younger years and just before he died, she saw him fall back onto his bed and a dark shadow came across his face and went through his bed and down into the ground, he was screaming before he died. At the point when he fell back onto the bed he was dead.

"she saw him fall back onto his bed and a dark shadow came across his face and went through his bed and down into the ground"

i wasnt saying that the colour changing going down to the floor, since the examples i know of, the people have been lying down, as for the floor, i was just saying that i doubted that a shadow went through this man.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
By the way, lets try to keep the afterlife talk out of this, unless it contributes to your experience

Great reply's so far.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DARKCYDE_CROWLEY
I held the hand of my fiance' as she stopped breathing and it almost felt like her energy spread through the whole room.

I'm sorry to hear that!

My heart bleeds for you.... almost lost my brother through a 2 year cancer ordeal.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Hehehehe, no let me clarify, what my ex's mother meant was a few weeks before death there is a noticeable odour that is not incontinence related. She says its a unique smell and everyone that is about to die gives it off. She's not the only one that recognises this odour.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
This is how it feels to die. Weightless, no pain, floating feeling, drawn somewhere other than where you are. I saw two nurses working over my body from center and above. Corners feel very interesting in the room. I was sucked into the upper left corner. I saw a very tall insect like creature in an underground cavern with strange lighting. Trumpets blew. It made a lot of clicking noise coming rapidly toward me. I was very afraid. I woke up to the two nurses working over me. I punched the one on my left because I did not want to go back, ever. They must of sedated me. I was about 13 years of age getting my adenoids removed.

I have within the last two years relived the last part of the experience involving the creature in a dream while being exposed to methamphetamines from a meth using neighbor.

Second experience:

I was about 16 years of age and a kid showed me the pass out game. I hyperventilated and he grabbed me around the chest. I was floating with no pain. When I say no pain I mean absolutely no pain, physical or emotional. Saw a gray circular vortex. I see bright colors I could not make sense of. More floating. Feelings of intense indescribable love. High pitch singing of a sound of a thousand voices or more all singing in perfect unison. Singing gets higher and higher in pitch. I come back to flashes of light. I yell over and over again "I hear singing". I open my eyes and the first thing I see is my brother and I do not recognize him. My right knee hurts incredibly. Apparently I was dropped on the floor.
For awhile afterwards I wish I had not ever come back from this, it was that good.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Speaking solely for myself, I was at a stop sign about a block from my driveway when a lady talking on her phone ( funnily enough later on I found out she was talking about me being cute in my car to her friend( she rear-ended me at a estimated 56-60+ mph. I was in a 350z convertible. All I remember of the accident was that I was changing the song on the cd that was playing, tires screeching and then waking up to an extremely nervous paramedic giving me chest compressions with my hand around the collar of his shirt.

I was DOS ( dead on scene ) for 5 mins, I did not see any lights, tunnels, angels, demons, etc etc. I was awake one moment in my car and then awake on the ground. Apparently, according to the man in the car in front of me I got out of my car and started walking back to the woman who hit me before I collapsed in the street ( which was most likely lucky for her)

I do not discount NDE or what have you, but from my experience, there was no experience, however, I did learn a lesson in valuing every moment you have as it may be your last, something I had forgotten. I chalk it up to the universe realizing subtle hints weren't working with me any more and decided to go for the big dramatic finish lol

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I haven't personally died that I can recall. I would imagine it would vary based on the circumstances. My friend Skip got beheaded by an 18 wheeler, while drunk driving. Pretty sure it was lights out for him, though if his head was intact there's the possibility that he was conscious for another 30 seconds or so.
I doubt he felt anything. Too quick.

Other people probably have a much worse outcome. One of my fears is being on a cruiseliner or ship and the beast going down in the middle of the ocean. I imagine slowly freezing to death in that water, or drowning would be pretty horrible. Especially the feeling of truly being all alone, with nobody to help.

Many cancer patients and terminally ill get a while to say there goodbyes, and they progress into their illness at somewhat noteable incriments. I would guess this wouldn't be all so bad, as long as the pain wasn't severe. I'm really not sure, and don't mean to hurt or belittle anyone who has gone through a cancer death of a relative or friend, and witnessed a lot of pain. I'm sure that varies quite a bit as well.

Some people trip out on '___', while others it seems like it's just lights out. All I can hope for is not all too much pain, and to have one heck of a last ride, experiencing the cosmos in the blink of an eye, and beyond..

[edit on 8-5-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Here is my personal experience.

At the moment of crossing its not really as if your whole life flashes before you but certain events to which you attach the most importance are gone over.

In this small time period you realize how short your life actually was it seems as maybe a minute up to that point. You reflect and realize how all the pain and suffering you put yourself through was unnecessary. You see that it was all just a playground and you had been taking it all to seriously. There is a sense of calm as the duality of good and evil is no longer manifest.

As this 3d infinity rips away you are in blackness with 360 degree vision. Then you are aware of voices millions stretched out around you in a web or grid. There is also a supreme voice above all. There are no real physical forms just lights in the darkness in gridlike geometric web like patterns.

Many of the voices want to do different work. It is completely up to you to choose the projects you want to participate in. Although the big voice is telling you the best course you may choose to ignore it. I was scared because it was telling me to do what i had wanrted to already and screamed no. Thus coming back.

Now in another post I could give you an analysis of it, these are just the facts.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join