It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Communication Technologies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Look how far it all came. Communication has not served us gracefully. Look at message boards... What problems do you remain to see amongst communication in this array? You perceive faces of nothing but hypocrites and the fearing. You notice the unfruitfulness in that you see it time and again a recycle of the same ol song and dance topics that are just worded different. Is this what communication has come to? A finite state? I see the gun owners have all bought guns for the wrong reasons. The reasons are not to change the corruption, but to simply protect them from their fears of some stranger breaking into their place of residence, while they are there, to do who knows what. Kids wouldn't even be finding guns to end up shooting themselves or other kids accidently, that is if gun owners kept their guns in a holster on their person. Communication came to revealing the weak and the cowardly and the down and out pathetic.

It is my infinite thought that says communication technologies should be stripped from all. Especially here in America where I can make a call on its all sorts of peoples. Only people who are free should be allowed the priviledge to use communication technologies. You are not free when you accept other peoples labeling of your self as the only way of life. This world has damaged your mind if you can not think for your self nor have and use self-identification over somebody else's labelings. I call it B.S. when many haven't defined themselves alone and seperate from what a damnaged world.

Communication is important, but it has become ruined because of the waxed gross heart of the people.

Here is a question for the brave to dare answer me: What would you be like without communication technologies at your physical grasp? Think you can live without communication technologies?

Would any of you be willing to join me in a quest? What kind? Where you simply turn off all communication technologies and face whatever the outcome may be as a result. Any brave to do this with me? Yes, it would mean that if you have something to say to someone you must go over to where they can be found to say it to them. Yes, it is uncowardly to speak face to face, is it not? This whole world has been practicing cowardliness by far with communication technologies. I mean, even you seen people that will say the damnest things over the internet that they wouldn't prolly dare even try to say to your face. Facelessness is breeding ground for all sorts of cowardliness. Do you call yourself a real man (or a real woman) although you use a hell of a lot of communication technologies just to speak to other people? Ha. If you do, then I must laugh.

This world has become dangerously dependent on communication technologies. You see how nothing get accomplished to change a country for the better. You see all the arm chair pitches on the internet making no debuts in physical reality as to what they only say.

By the way, I can't stand cell phones nor the people that just must use them in places I know damn well they know they shouldn't.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Tormentations]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
You really are weird.

You are making a lot of sense here. I dislike cellphones as well.
They make the world move to fast with less safety boundaries.

S & F

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I too detest people who use their cell phones in public places. Instead of talking to people they encounter every day face to face they would rather hide behind a mouthpiece. I personally make it a point to talk to nearly every body I come into daily contact with. While walking around town, I will say hello to strangers. I will discuss culture with the indian/pakistani man/woman at the gas station, ask then what the song they are listening to is about. I ask the homeless man on the corner how his day is going. I am the person that will not say anything online that I won't say to your face if I were to meet you.
And NO I won't surrender my communication technologies, because I use it to enhance my everyday real life communication

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Tormentations

making sweeping statements about people without some type of large poll, (even those i don't give much credence to) is to assume your opinion is the right and truthful one. most of the people i know think critically, can way both sides of an arguement, and are not stuck with one dogma.
i for one, regard having a period of uninterrupted silence each day, the top priority to enhance my ability to communicate with others.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Ok Arch-human you go first. You stop using communications technologies first then I meet you there.

Stop using the computer and internet. You should also stop using your HOME telephone as well as cell phone. Stop watching TV. All are technologies of communication.
If you want to be technical, writing with a pen or even a pencil is using a tool to communicate something. Maybe you should just stop that as well.

I'll wait here doing the same things I always do--using the internet and home phone and let you go first.
I'm sure once you use your free speech to approach people on the street, they won't walk away muttering "nutcase". It'll all be fine.

You do all these things first. You lead the way.
BYE BYE.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I don't understand You, this post had some good points, but earlier on You claimed You "can kill people with your mind".

What's up with you?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Communication can be highly flammable like gas stations. It is shown to be nothing but in a lot of flames over the internet's message boards. People drag on the same ol same ol from one thread to a next by the same thread starter they just love to follow with spite. ATS has become a spite haven. TheRE should be an anti-spite T&C rule, where if you are caught following someone around with that same ol spite B.S., you know the rest... Yes, you get a temporary time-out banning. Maybe that would slap some damn sense in their head to not follow someone around in OBVIOUS spite.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Tormentations]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Computer pioneer Palevsky was wary of Google, games, PCs

Max Palevski

Following the sale of Scientific Data Systems, he invested a portion of that money in a Santa Clara, Calif., chip start-up that became Intel.
Later in life, though, he became wary of the impact of computers on society. In an essay for an exhibition at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art in 2005, he expressed a dim view of the "hypnotic quality of computer games, the substitution of a Google search for genuine inquiry, the instant messaging that has replaced social discourse," according to The New York Times.
Palevsky did not own a computer or a cell phone in 2008, according to the Los Angeles Times. "I haven't touched a computer, watched TV or used a credit card in 15 years," he told the paper in 2001.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by ogbert]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

No, i doubt you will stop using the internet. Why? Because that would mean you wouldn`t get to tell the world how great you are........in your own mind. To lead the people, you need to do it first. And you call others hypocrites? That is why I laugh at your intellect, because you lead the pack.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by FiatLux

No, i doubt you will stop using the internet. Why? Because that would mean you wouldn`t get to tell the world how great you are........in your own mind. To lead the people, you need to do it first. And you call others hypocrites? That is why I laugh at your intellect, because you lead the pack.

Don't twist things. If you wont do it WITH me, then that doesn't make me a hypocrite in what I put in quest form, now does it? Nope. The quest calls for who will do it WITH me. This isn't and wasn't a solo quest to begin with. Thanks for calling me great with your own words which are outside my own mind by the way. Hey, its you calling me great, not me, but I accept being called great.
Since you can see into someone's own mind, then tell me what I am thinking now about your intelligence.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

No, i really don`t care what you think of me. As for you being great.....as I stated, THAT is in your own mind, and your mind only. I can tell you for a fact, that i have a 7 year old nephew who has a far greater mental capacity and grasp on reality then you do.

top topics

join