It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Have Teen Girl, This is a Must Read.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith
reply to post by antonia

Emo is a new trend, And I know a few emo people and they purposely incorporate a dark depressed poetical mindset to everything they do.

Emo is so ten years ago. It might be new where you are at but it's old news here. It is a form of self-expression much like punk or goth. You do have your followers but, people do tend to stick together and attract like minded people. People who like to play football hang out. Well, people who like to wear overly tight pants, funny hairstyles and who like to scream about their pain over loud music like to hang out together too. Self-expression is an important thing for kids and if it's not a dangerous expression I don't see the harm. You might not like it for yourself but you will only make them resent you by stifling them in the end.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dropB

Why is it just teen girls? Guys cut themselves all the time too. I'm a 14 year old guy who used to cut himself, so you guys are going to have to trust what I say here.

Listen to me little Dude....

your a young guy in a few more years all this high school BS is going to disappear.

All those girls who even you thought were not cool or what ever will be totally different people in your eyes. you will look at the most pitiful ugly girl and then "Wow she is hot!". Everyone you know in school will be totally different people. People who you once thought were cool and very popular will be working everyday people just like you.

Life is not what you currently think it is. Life after high school has nothing to do with being cool or popular it's about paying bills and starting a family or going to bars and getting drunk.

All you should be concerned with is Getting ahead in life so you can buy the things you want and be able to give a nice girl a good life. Get smart and think about getting your grades up high for a scholarship.

That is what school is for, don't be fooled by the popular game that usually leaves you with nothing but dumb memories and regrets of not doing better in your studies.

The whole depression/self harm thing is just a fad for most teens.

Don't worry about it, forget about it.

don't let it concern you any more, just brush your teeth, dress in clean clothes, comb your hair and do good in school. Everything else will fall into place in the best way possible.

Make friends with Nerds that like to study and play Magic the Gathering.

Hang around a good crowd that likes doing 14 year old stuff. you will grow along with them into better safer more meaningful things.

Don't get me wrong, some kids have it bad. But, most just think it's cool to be sad. I've seen people pretend to hide cuts. No, that wasn't a typo. They pretend to be ashamed of their self-injuries while putting them out there for everyone to see. Everyone around them just goes "OMG look how sad he is, he's so cool". Everyone just eats it up.
I've tried to talk them about it, but their reasons are just so incredibly shallow.
I just roll my eyes and groan.

just don't worry about it, concentrate on your life and have fun, play sports and don't be afraid to send a cute girl a corny love note.

Oh but most of all GET THE HELL OFF OF ATS!!!!

Your a kid, have some fun in life leave conspiracies and the world crashing to us UFO nuts.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
I don't understand the cutting and mutilating stuff teens do.
But somebody explained it to me once, it's easier to deal with the physical pain than the emotional pain you are going through.
So when the reality perception of a teens life is really down they do it to cope with mental and emotional pain they cannot handle. Scary because that could lead to suicide.
I haven't been a teen for a really long time, back then teens used to just drink and do drugs to cope. So even then they were hurting themselves, but just in a different way. All these actions are doing one thing, a person is trying to mask an unhappy life. And the causes for these unhappy lives are almost endless these days.

I don't feel sorry for the kids themselves. I can't. I've had my share of terrible things happen to me, And I've spent a fair amount of time dwelling ( notice my screenname, no coincidense ) on them. 15 years ago the EMO culture infiltrated my area and stole some of my friends away, so maybe I'm a little biased. I don't agree with cliches and social circles. So, EMO was no exception.

I try to teach my kids to be a person, instead of a member. I don't even trump up the proud to be American routine with them. I want them to discover on their own how they feel about our "side of the fence". Not by me drilling into their heads what they should fell about their belonging. THis rule applies to religion too. How strong of faith one can have if they discover that path through their own heart.

As for the EMO poetry, that's a little stretching, yet valid still. I dabble in music a lot. I have music that sounds like no other because I've never really listen to any music except for teaching myself Beethoven's complete collection of Piano Sonatas. Music, the art of sound in time, is very magical. I'm mean magical in every sense of the word.

Like the sound of a beehive buzzing, music in a society usually reflects the tone of the people in that society, in one way or another.

EMO music, in my oppinion, is reflecting the sickness of our youth within. They seriously probably just need a hug, preferably from a parent. Life is kick ass and there is always someone who has had it worse than you. Dwelling on your sorrows to the point to where you are causing yourself bodily harm or crying is not an answer or out let, it is a symptom.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

What a sick thing to say. Whipping a little girl? And you say you want a daughter?

It is the parent's responsibility to bring a child up right, and protect them from becoming victims of the perversions in society and media. As they grow up they need good parental guidance not a parent with anger/abuse issues to deal with.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Make friends with nerds who play Magic.....mwahahahahahaha
That is funny. There's alot of people who would say that thsi game ruined their kids life ( whole nother topic for a whole nother day)

I was/am a dork now and in HS. I just didn't act like a dork because I was smart enough to know that life was easier if I tryed to fit in and not be a smart ass. I never played magic though because the people who played it were the type that were like in your face smart/dorks/nerds.

When I joined the military, I was in tech school and was not allowed to leave dorm for 6 months. I decided to give magic a try and met a lot of cool people, who I still keep up with weekly to this day, and found magic to be a real power of wits. ( not as much as axis and allies though)

just thought I'd add that. Nice one. BTW, up for a game? I will destroy you. J/k

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AreaMan

JESUS CHIRST!

Sex predator's excuse: "You were practically begging for it!" is starting to sound legit..

[edit on 9/5/2010 by DGFenrir]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
reply to post by Izarith

What a sick thing to say. Whipping a little girl? And you say you want a daughter?

It is the parent's responsibility to bring a child up right, and protect them from becoming victims of the perversions in society and media. As they grow up they need good parental guidance not a parent with anger/abuse issues to deal with.

Good God. I didn't even see your post. I wish I had because I would have focused all my energy on you.
You must be one of those " it's wrong to smack a child" retards. Yes, I called you a retard. Bringing a kid upright means occasionly they need to smacked. I have had the fortune of only needing to spank my kids a few times, but when I did, it made an impression. Fortunately, because I used other tactics, like good parenting skills, we keep the beatings to a minimun at our house.

And "Whiip a little girl"?
Whip a little girl? You make it sound like it's an act of perversion or something. How much de programming do you need. Kids were constantly paddled in High School not too long ago.

Girls in grade school dress like little skanks. OPEN YOUR EYES. and you can't just ask them politely to put on clothes that won't attract a rapist because they'll tell you to go # yourself. Then you can ask them to stop using bad language and they say "what the hell are you going to do about it.

You are the epitamy of what's wrong with our youth. They all need to have there asses beat at a very young age to let them know their bounderies. Now, since there's a THICK line between physical punishment and child abuse, the physical punishment should be used as a very last resort. That doesn't mean that it shouldn't be used, and maybe a little more on some kids.

Well, I'm getting off here and going to sleep so that I can experience a little better what your world must be like. Good night

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DGFenrir
reply to post by AreaMan

JESUS CHIRST!

Sex predator's excuse: "You were practically begging for it!" is starting to sound legit..

I would bet any money that the majority of those parents believe smacking a child is wrong.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I simply don't understand.
I am the proud owner of 6 brats 2g 4b all but 2 are just about out of the house and 2 others are close behind.All of the kids have no legal problems in their history and get great to good enough grades no dysfunctions either.
Now, can the wrong color purse or shoes possibly be more traumatic than say getting beheaded by the kings men or burned at the stake?
I dunno i was an average kid growing up no major probs and i had no stress issues.
I just don't understand.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Interesting that many people have problems with there kids.

I was raised a nudist. I never had any of the problems kids have today.

I knew many kids that were also raised as nudist.
Not one every had problems with image.
None of the girls ever got pregnant.

One thing all kids were taught at nudist camps was how to painfully deal with pedophiles.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dwellewd

Originally posted by DGFenrir
reply to post by AreaMan

JESUS CHIRST!

I would bet any money that the majority of those parents believe smacking a child is wrong.

Smacking doesn't always help. Grounding for a week or a month neither. Taking the cell phone or the computer/internet access away works rarely too. I know a person who constantly gets in trouble. Her parents raised her well. She used to be a good student, she was polite and everything. Now she's a completely different person. She's only 14 and she's smoking and drinking very often. Her grades are also crap. No punishment has helped against drinking or smoking. Her dad once got really mad and hit her with a beld,, very hard,, She had trouble sitting and walking after that. It didn't help. She still drinks and smokes. Her excuse is that she wants to fit in.

Life is easier when you fit in.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AreaMan

I've read this entire thread, but nothing comes close to this poignant post. You sir, win the "most appropriate video post of the year award".

Wow. That is exactly wrong.

As far as I'm concerned that should be the final message on the thread. Turn the volume up, listen to that crowd cheering on children in bikinis shaking their sexuality without having any clue what they're doing. How do you back them away from that and put it into context that a child will understand?

"Now remember, you should expect people to appreciate you for who you are on the inside."

Ya right.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I think it is a good idea to examine the issues that youth of today face. The world has changed and many new pressures have been placed on them. I do, however, find it sad that this problem is presented as if it is exclusive to girls. Considering that the suicide rate (in almost every part of the world) is considerably higher in boys/young men than it is in girls/young women, you would think attention is lacking in dealing with the problems boys and young men face.

[edit on 9/5/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
There is a lot of pressure placed on these teens to be in the norm. The reason they think sex is the cool thing now is because they have terrible role models. The only example I need to provide is Rihanna's new song, Rude Boy. WTF is the song about?

Come here, rude boy, boy; can you get it up?
Come here rude boy, boy; is you big enough?
Take it, take it baby, baby
Take it, take it; love me, love me

Tonight I'ma let you be the captain
Tonight I'ma let you do your thing, yeah
Tonight I'ma let you be a rider
Giddy-up, giddy-up, giddy-up babe
Tonight I'ma let it be fire
Tonight I'ma let you take me higher
Tonight, baby, we could get it on, yeah, we could get it on, yeah

This was just a little snip of this b/s. I mean do you seriously want your daughter to listen to this kind of shi*? The media is one of the biggest influences in our societies downfall. You can try to say TV doesn't hurt anyone. When you have 10 year old role models all trying to get dates with cute guys, you know something is wrong.

It used to be that when something used to be terrible on TV everyone used to protest and boycott. The boiling frog effect has gotten to all of us and made us desensitized to all this nonsense.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
You don't need some Dr. Sax to tell you, how your child feels. Just ask him/her yourself. If you want your children to grow up properly, you'll need to spend time with them, teach them right from wrong and keep them busy with healthy activities.
The problem is, parents today are lazy and not aware enough, so they tend to leave it up to TV and internet to raise their children, and then they're in shock, when things go horribly wrong.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Well the last thing I want is my unborn doughter growing up to look like the whore in your Avatar.

Looks like the left mommy Bag is about to plop right out.

Kids need parents. that's what they need.

Children in the US are so emotionally neglected because the parents are so afraid of what the State will say.

You have little girls growing up with fathers who are to afraid to show them a little affection every once in a while. Who just tell them I love you before they go to bed and that's about it besides a hug on christmas.

You have little boys who don't know what a home cooked meal made by their mother tastes like. Who don't have mothers that slap them in the face when they disrespect or bad moth their moms. the don't learn a God Damn thing besides getting an Xbox for christmas or a cellphone.

And then there are sick little twisted things like you who can watch a video of little girls getting prostituted around a stage yet get outraged only when a Guy like me says "I'd whip my girl if she did that".

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
A society whose population lack a sense of self is much easier to manipulate than a a society whose population gets the chance to grow up.

This is an engineered aspect of TPTB's agenda, that of collecting the power inherent in the family (immediate and extended) and moving it to Government institutions.

This is one of the reasons that the government has ballooned in size, people have been conditioned to see the State as a parent, with all that implies.

the formative years of children are their most important, for biological reasons, and in learning how to function in society, and in relation to it.

The "Sell", as it were, is a multi-pronged attack to induce puberty early in children, to get them distracted from who they are, in order to chase reproduction (or its pleasures)

This attack comes from several different sources, most notably, Television, Mass Media, etc..

Also, a widespread chemical attack on the masses of the population.

It is now known -- thanks to the meticulous research of Dr. Jennifer Luke from the University of Surrey in England -- that the pineal gland is the primary target of fluoride accumulation within your body.

After finding that the pineal gland is a major target for fluoride accumulation in humans, Dr. Luke conducted animal experiments to determine if the accumulated fluoride could impact the functioning of the gland -- particularly the gland's regulation of melatonin.

Luke found that animals treated with fluoride had lower levels of circulating melatonin, as reflected by reduced levels of melatonin metabolites in the animals' urine. This reduced level of circulating melatonin was accompanied -- as might be expected -- by an earlier onset of puberty in the fluoride-treated female animals.

www.manataka.org...

The purpose of this attack is twofold:

1. To confound the natural courtship behavior in humans, engineering the evolution of the race towards specific ends. (Yes, this means getting people to be sexually attracted to people that they normally would not be attracted to.)

2. To diminish individual thought (or opinions dissenting from the "Establishment")

IT is quite a tricky plan.... and a devious one at that.

-Edrick

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
As a college student I can corroborate all of this. Today's youth have been transformed into make-believe adults with everything about them objectified and commoditized. Drugs - legal and illegal - and alcohol - both illegal and legal consumption - and the abuse thereof - are par for the course. Sex is like a stock to be traded on the market, and that market is Facebook; the nefarious uses of that website are too many to count. At my school, and most others, virtually all free time revolves around partying, and all partying revolves around alcohol. This is not an exaggeration; it's not unusual for individuals to party 3 nights a week - every week. The depth of this generation can be measured in microns, they're literally one-dimensional.

The worst aspect is their blindness to their own self-destructive ways and hostility to anything that doesn't mesh therewith.

I see it in the context of this

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Dwellewd

LOL!

You probably would destroy me in magic...

I only used blue cards in an all blue deck. I just loved the blue deck and refused to use any other card from any other deck.

I lost a lot because of that. But boy when I won it "Blue" the minds of every person at the table.!!!

Magic Rules, Dorks RULE!!!

If you a kid cutting on himself join the dorks and learn how to hack any program on the NET, it will give you something to live for again!!!

If you think girls like guys who dress up as an Emo vampire from some gay ass movie like Twilight, just wait until a girl sees you infiltrate an expired windows operating system, thew the Microsoft narrator and retrieve her home work before the deadline while at the same time downloading and installing Any program they need for their drama class along with the file needed to indefinitely extend the trial version! WOOT!

Now that's Cool!

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Izarith]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
It is a much deeper and broader issue than with these young girls. People have been socially engineered to be herd animals and individuality is quickly stamped out. I sit down and talk to adults that just drone on and on about the latest trends or what they own. They have no sense of purpose to themselves other than following what the latest ideals are. A friend and I call these people husks. They are the husks with no ears of corn inside.

Asheville NC-
Starving artists arrive,
City becomes trendy,
Rich people move in and intermingle with the starving artists,
Starving artists cannot afford the new housing prices brought about by the rich.
Starving artists leave.
Rich people pretend to be starving artists and are mediocre hacks but, think they are cool and trendy.

All that is trendy is tomorrow's Goodwill donations.

[edit on 9/5/10 by toochaos4u]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join