It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is up with all this ''Need to assimilate'' fascist tripe?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
You know, it's quite funny because on ATS people generally look at "freedom" with a favorable light. People tend to support the constitution, and take pride in the fact that we have a FREE country.

Yet, these same people are often the same ones saying that "other cultures need to assimilate or get out!!"

Do people not see this is as fascist as it can get? Here in America, where we LOVE freedom, you better become one of the Borg, or LEAVE! Here in America, where freedom is important, you better wear the clothes we want, speak with the accent we want, worship a man nailed to a stick, or you BETTER LEAVE.

Next, you fascists will be saying that the goth kids will lose their citizenship if they don't start wearing more colors. Or if your pants are too baggy you need to get kicked in the teeth and tried for sedition against the Ministry of Culture.

So many people here on ATS are so hypocritical. In reality they just hate freedoms, and would love to usher in a New World Order dictatorship which would command that we all have 1 language, 1 set of government mandated clothing, 1 mandatory state religion, and 1 style of government issued clothes.

You bigots say that "everyone needs to change to have our culture", when your OWN culture prides itself on individuality and many different styles. If you got your wish, just wait until they come after your "style", because YOU SIR, NEED TO ASSIMILATE TO THE REST OF THE CULTURE. Resistance is futile.

Heck, in many cities its perfectly legal to walk around buck naked, yet many Americans say they should ban wearing "too many clothes" (burqas) or even head-scarves just because THEY NEED TO ASSIMILATE!! Walking around naked = good. Conservative clothes = bad. I've even heard people say they just "can't stand" to see a woman that doesn't show her hair... Guess what, freedom haters..... IT IS HER PERSONAL FREE CHOICE TO DRESS THAT WAY. I guess freedom in America takes second place to "making you feel better that everyone dresses and acts like you".

The past few days, the freedom-hating bigots have really exposed themselves on ATS. Up until this point they claim that its "not about race"... When now the top thread right now is celebrating racism. It turns out they were just liars like expected, and it truly is a racial issue. You hate anybody with a culture not exactly like yours, even though your own culture is not homogeneous! Quite ironic, don't you think?

And the sickest part about these racist scum is they always claim "well... I'm not a racist just because, I'm racist for a reason..." Then they proceed to spout off statistic after statistic, scenario after scenario. Guess what, bigots, EVERY RACIST GROUP IN HISTORY HAS HAD "REASONS" TO JUSTIFY THEIR RACISM.

Nazis had a million statistics to justify their hatred of the Jews. KKK has a million statistics to justify their hatred of blacks, Mexicans, whatever.

You people are no different. You are just too ignorant to see how disgusting and hypocritical you freedom-haters really are. Just admit it to yourself, you can't wait til the NWO takes over so they can control everybody's personal lives on every level, just like you wish you could do right now. You are only fooling yourselves.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by FalselyFlagged]

[edit on 8-5-2010 by FalselyFlagged]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Good post bro,
But don’t worry the NWO has then on their list

When they come after them they will cry and run like jackals as they are devoured by their own ignorance and bigotry

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

Yeah, when the society starts telling THEM to "assimilate" and follow every social dictation, they will start to preach about "freedom" again... Brainless.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I dunno what exactly it is that set you off, maybe there was genuine racism, but talking about assimilation is not racism.

A free society doesn't mean we have to accept anything which could be described as "cultural". For instance, forcing your daughter to be circumsized [sp?], weather she likes it or not, is a common "cultural" practice in some parts of the world but you'll never get me to find it acceptable in my society.

I think a lot of people find the burka distasteful because the whole ideology behind it (it is a womans duty to hide from men in case her body corrupts their minds) absolutely the opposite of everything a free and respectful society stands for.

catholic nuns wear almost the same outfit but the ideology behind it is slightly different so there isn't an issue.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FalselyFlagged

Oh I hear ya brother or sister!

There’ve been a influx of xenophobes for the past months (probably due to the political climate).
But what do you expect? This is the internet. You’re going to have lots of pretenders hiding behind their computer to spew their rhetoric.
I’ve always repeated it in here: some so-called freedom fighters are no better then the elite tyrants they pretend to fight. In due time they will show their true colors. And you will notice that most of them always end up "feeding" fascism instead of the contrary.

One issue I would vehemently disagree with you though is about the culture assimilation part. Some items, symbols or laws in some cultures represent repression(burka) and have no place in a free democratic society , especially those in religion; although the most free society can have its closet fascist just waiting for their opportunity to strike. As for human right issue, it would wise to say that no country is perfect, it is still a learning process for all. Don't forget that you got human nature at the root cause. Only a few people in the world can actually live and let live. Most see the world as a jungle, where you are either prey or predator. We are in the dominant-dominated paradigm.

What pisses me off personally is how most conspiracists would bitch about government covering up the truth (peculiarly regarding the ufo/alien subject), yet when facing a possible change, they just change their minds but the bitching and whining still continue.

My advice for you in the mean time would be to avoid the political forums if you can; that is where the ugliness prevail.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Exv8densez]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Well,maybe just maybe you young people should "get a clue"

One the reason the Roman empire collapsed is because of the influx of people who could not speak the language and had different cultures and beliefs.

The USSR could never sustain itself any longer because it was a group of disparate countries,languages and cultures.

The ONLY thing that unifies this country of people from different lands,cultures and beliefs is all of us speaking and knowing the same language.

Learning English USED to be a rite of passage for immigrants arriving here.

They knew with the ability to speak English they could and did become successful.

The issue you all don't seem to comprehend is that these people are here ILLEGALLY.

There are hundreds of individuals of citizens and permanent legal immigrants that have been petitioned for and are waiting for their "number" to come up so they may come here and be part of the American 'experience".

My wife was an immigrant so I understand that process and why it is the way it is.

The issue may seem 'racial" but only because the country that the illegal population is coming from is of a certain race and ethnicity.

Try to learn what exactly "fascism" is before you all start throwing around that word.

This will always be a country of many cultures.

As long as it is a land where the 'rule of law" prevails.

If it is allowed to continue on the present course in your generations life time,you will learn what anarchy is.

There has been no time in history of the U.S. when the average American wanting to insure the security and safety of the society been accused of anything other than a patriot.

You should all look closely at those who are throwing around disparaging terms and question their true motives.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Exv8densez

I hear the misguided argument all the time on here that women who wear the burqa / niqab are "oppressed" and have no choice in wearing it. That's an outright lie. Most of the women who wear it chose to on their own volition, even when their friends and family try to convince them not to.

Check out this video which interviews a few British women who wear the niqab on a bunch of issues.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
No offense, but you would benefit from taking a class in Sociology. Pay particluar attention to the concepts of norms, values and mores. Pay extra particular attention to "Balkanization" - what it is and what it does to a civilized society. My bet, you'll be ALL FOR ASSIMILATION after that!

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
When someone comes to this country and wants to abuse the system for financial gain, which puts a larger tax burden on an already over taxed and in debt system, that infringes on my freedom.

When someone comes to this country, and wants to transform it from a nation built on the principle of individual responsibility, to one of government control and dependency, that infringes on my freedom.

When someone comes to this country, and wants to propagate racial separatism, superiority and divisiveness, that undermines the efforts of all the generations before me, and threatens the freedom of my children.

When someone comes here and does so without respecting the laws, that threatens order and civility, which most certainty infringes on my freedom.

When someone come here and takes the job of an American worker because they don't require the benefits etc, that impacts the economy which directly infringes on my freedom.

So don't call me a hypocrite because I espouse freedom and decry illegals should be deported and others should assimilate. Unity is essential in a functional USA, and assimilation by foreigners is a necessity of any civilization, as can be seen throughout history.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Wolf321]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
But how should we promote assimilation to freedom of religion? Without freedom of religion we would not be America. This is a philosophical question.

I agree that all immigrants should learn English. If I were moving to France I would learn French. Only the same can be expected from those who move here.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by ForAiur]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ForAiur

Assimilation has nothing to do with religion.

It is so simple:

Assimilation is simply speaking a common language, following the rules(law,) and taking pride in and supporting this country as opposed to another.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Why is pride of a nation necessary? I mean I really dont feel a lot of pride for my nation, or any nation for that matter, I think they are silly divisive institutions, so does that mean I need to go live somewhere that isn't a nation? Does that mean all Chinese HAVE TO support and take pride in their nation, despite it limiting freedoms? Should the Founding Fathers taken more pride in being British?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by FalselyFlagged
reply to post by Exv8densez

I hear the misguided argument all the time on here that women who wear the burqa / niqab are "oppressed" and have no choice in wearing it. That's an outright lie. Most of the women who wear it chose to on their own volition, even when their friends and family try to convince them not to.

Check out this video which interviews a few British women who wear the niqab on a bunch of issues.

The thing is... if you don't want to be singled out, stop dressing like a middle-eastern ninja...

People come to the United States and don't bother to learn the native language of the country that is currently in use (ie, English). We then get to hear all sorts of reports on the news about how people were "ripped off" on mortgage purchases, automobile purchases and other things like that because they did not "understand" what they were signing. When I call my bank, I am required to press "1" for the native language (English). These may seem like small petty things, but for every one of us native born Americans there is an ancestor of ours who came to the United States, learned the language and assimilated. It were they freedom hating bigots? Fascists? No, they were hard working immigrants who took pride in the opportunities that America had to offer. They didn't want a hand out, they didn't want America to try to change for them. What kind of arrogance does it take to come to a country that accepts you in as an outsider and expect it to change for you?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Your OP warms my heart, I've felt really bummed out by visiting ATS lately because all of this ignorant racism.

A star, a flag and a thanks to you for your opinions.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Bend over accomodate the new , and see how much they respect the old once they have done with you.
Millions of YOUNG AMERICANS DIED OR HAS THE WHOLE OF SOCIETY forgotten this, "a bunch of losers eh" they would what? watching America give it all away, because they are afraid to be proud of their roots.
If you are ashamed of your nation perhaps migrate to Russia or China , they sure are proud of Stalin and Mao tze Tung.
Your nation was sold out as was Britain and Australia Canada ect because money is what ticks this world.
They will make money when civil war erupts in the future due to cultural conflict, they will hoard even more gold from the folly of fools.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

Well actually the Roman Emnpire grew to an unsunstainable size that do not facilitate swift decisionmaking or decisionmaking for the benefit of the Whole.

The roman empire canard should be buried one day!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by YourPopRock

Bah! I’m not impressed and I already heard it all

But it’s sad really because history have proved that a symbol of oppression can become part of the oppressed identity.
Just like blacks calling themselves the “n” word completely devoid of all the historical weight. The victim is trying to absorb the depiction instead of rejecting it because it has become cultural identity, but it’s a major mistake because more than promoting freedom of choice the victim is just promoting the vicious, insidious implications behind the symbol.

It can also be a case of female vanity: They want to distinguish themselves from other women so to feel special.

Personally , it would be more important for Muslim women to show that where the veil /burka is worn , there is no oppression by men rather than trying to parade and promoting it around the world.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
The expectation for immigrants to assimilate and integrate into society is not fascist. To do so is actually courteous on the part of the immigrant. Do you want people in your country that are courteous or discourteous? The West has been smothered with the notion of Political Correctness where any show of nationalistic pride or love for one's country is racist and xenophobic. We are made to feel bad because people have trouble fitting into our country.

People living in countries like China and Russia are probably laughing their heads off at us. They do not put up with immigrants that do not want to be a part of their countries. If you don't assimilate and integrate you will be dealt with and forced into doing so, or deported back to your native country.

Political Correctness is one of the West's biggest weaknesses.

[edit on 22/5/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

I've starred several posts already, but your comments are particularly nicely articulated and concise

The West has been smothered with the notion of Political Correctness where any show of nationalistic pride or love for one's country is racist and xenophobic. We are made to feel bad because people have trouble fitting into our country.

I also happen to agree with them

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I hear ya, how can it be a free country if people aren't allowed to wear what they want, worship who they want eat what they want or even, "God" forbid cover their face.

There's no talking around it, it's smack bang in your face anti otherism, be it culturalism or plain old racism there's no excuse for anyone who thinks they're not dumb to be thinking it. If you vehemently disagree with someones way of life try persuasion if that fails let time take its course.

Diversity is the spice of life.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join