It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USAF Space Command unit patch

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I just saw my daughter's father today. He works for USAF Space Command and was in uniform. I noticed his crew patch and of course had to take a picture and show everyone here as I find it very interesting

I asked what it meant. He said:

The ECHO part is his crew (they have alpha, bravo, charlie, delta, echo). And they usually have a play on words. The flags represent the countries that work on his crew (Space Command is multi-national, which im sure many did not know). The Alien and UFO is a joke and has no significant meaning as most of the patches dont (so they say
but who knows, eh?) The satelites are there - because that is their job. As far as the motto on the bottom. He wouldnt say. Has something to do with the literal work they do and its classified and cant talk about it.

His last crew was delta and instead of an alien, they had playing cards. They were delta deuces.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7fa1b1808c22.png[/atsimg]

HUGE SIZE

edit on May 8th 2010 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

ETA: I do know his job - but when I told him I was posting this on ATS and asked for all the details - he said "no comment" on the motto part.

[edit on May 8th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
A "PEC" is a Program Element Code.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Just like you say, as far as I understand, they often make personal and private patches just for their own amusement. They aren't official and are often come up with through a fun competition.

They are not to be taken seriously and are often ironic or sarcastic.

So, with this one, someone is having a laugh about certain people believing they have anything to do with ET's.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by triplesod]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MKULTRA

I think in this context, you'll find PEC refers to photo-electric cell.

And the comment makes perfect sense if you know what the mission is.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I think it may refer to Project Pleaides

quote"The Pleiades fractionated space system architecture has the potential to transform national security space
missions through information integration. We expect that distributed, continually evolving fractionated
space systems will replace the legacy paradigm of large, long-term development, all-or-nothing monolithic
spacecraft. We have presented the basic framework of the system we plan to develop and demonstrate. We
intend for Pleiades to be the beginning of a new system of systems in space, rather than just a technology
demonstration. We plan to regularly publish papers and develop interface standards so that government and
industry can easily and economically adopt this approach."

Some very interesting space assets. I don't expect you to confirm nor deny. Just for overview purposes.
[edit on 8-5-2010 by djvexd]

[edit on 8-5-2010 by djvexd]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Great find. It exist.

I never would have seen it anywhere so.

A winner in my book.

I will have to keep my eye out for info on that one.

Good job getting the pic also.

S&F

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
That is a Defense Support Program(DSP) satellite on the left. Nice find.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
The 'Hot Spots' likely is a reference to detecting tactical nuke launches. The satellite displayed on the left seems to confirm that.

edit: changed nuke detection

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Wolf321]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I think it looks pretty cool.wish my unit had a patch like that ..
ours was boring.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Del_
reply to post by MKULTRA

I think in this context, you'll find PEC refers to photo-electric cell.

And the comment makes perfect sense if you know what the mission is.

That seems like a much better guess to me and is consistent with the "hot spots" part. Whatever PEC stands for, and that may be it, I don't see how that puts anything at risk to say what the acronym stands for. He's probably being a little overly cautious about non-disclosure.

Nice patch. It's interesting they chose lavender for the alien color instead of gray (or green), as it looks like a "gray" right?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

AAYYYEEE you said the D word!!

Maybe the Greys are actually in fact lavender in colour but due to the fact that grey sounds scarier than lavender, they decided to not use the word lavender...?

"OMG the Lavenders are out to get you!!!1!!"

"aww that sounds nice"

"
"

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by triplesod
They are not to be taken seriously and are often ironic or sarcastic.

So, with this one, someone is having a laugh about certain people believing they have anything to do with ET's.

Someone on this forum made a very detailed thread on military unit logo patches, and strangely enough, there were often clues to classified aspects of the mission contained within the logo's design !

Looking at that picture and knowing it comes from an Air Force Space Command unit, I'd say it's got something to do with EW radar or perhaps intelligence collection satellites. Many things I've read, lead me to believe such assets occasionally detect fastwalkers aka UFOs.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden
Looking at that picture and knowing it comes from an Air Force Space Command unit, I'd say it's got something to do with EW radar or perhaps intelligence collection satellites.

"Hot Spots" sounds like it refers to the detection of missile launches using infrared and other technologies. A missile launch makes a "hot spot" as the missile fuel burns. We know there is missile launch detection technology, so the fact that it exists isn't a secret, but the details of how the technology works would probably be secret.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

thanks for sharing, it's very interesting

Has something to do with the literal work they do and its classified and cant talk about it

AFSPC has four primary mission areas:

* Space forces support involves launching satellites and other high-value payloads into space using a variety of expendable launch vehicles and operating those satellites once in the medium of space.
* Space control ensures friendly use of space through the conduct of counterspace operations encompassing surveillance, negation, protection and space intelligence analysis.[2]
* Force enhancement provides weather, communications, intelligence, missile warning, and navigation. Force enhancement is support to the warfighter.
* Force application involves maintaining and operating a rapid response, land-based ICBM force as the Air Force's only on-alert strategic deterrent.

en.wikipedia.org...

since Space Command is all about War and secret DoD satellites my guess for the "PEC's" acronym would be, Precision Engagement Control OR Pre cision Engagement Capability

Precision Engagement Capability is how weaponry gets the "hot spots"

[edit on 9-5-2010 by easynow]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
The patch refers to the DSP satellite array. Part of the sensor suite is the PEC array (photoelectric cell) which looks for IR signatures of missile launches. That's also a DSP sat on the patch.

Which, I see, has pretty much already been said. Drat being here at a customer site.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden
Someone on this forum made a very detailed thread on military unit logo patches, and strangely enough, there were often clues to classified aspects of the mission contained within the logo's design !

Schaden, I know there are quite a few threads about this subject but Mike Singh did a good one here.

Aliens Featured On Air Force Insignias. Strange NASA And Black Projects Patches!

Cheers.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Ok. Talked to him this morning. He said he was being sarcastic with the "no comment" part since he knew I was posting on ATS and trying to be funny

_Del_ was right....thought I cant discuss the specifics of his job, so he says
I never really know what I can or can not say about his job - since im not even told much - but when I told him people had guessed he said it was fine they were discussing it. I guess I was gulliable and he set me up

Anyways, I knew yall would enjoy seeing the Alien and UFO on it.

[edit on May 9th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Its actually gray - I took with camera phone, not best quality
The uniform its attached to is green.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Wow thanks for sharing that greeneyedleo

There's a lot of pretty funky military patches out there, especially from the states and I love looking at them, especially when they have a theme like this.

Anyone notice the Masonic flag? The G square on the stars and stripes?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifttheveil
Wow thanks for sharing that greeneyedleo

There's a lot of pretty funky military patches out there, especially from the states and I love looking at them, especially when they have a theme like this.

Anyone notice the Masonic flag? The G square on the stars and stripes?

Its not a masonic flag. Its just the stitching. Its the US flag, Canadian, Australian and UK: All who work for USAF Space Command

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join