It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flag Wars! Teen gets 3-day Cinco de Mayo suspension! Crazy!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

Credit to where credit is earned. You presentation (?) was well done. You have me re-thinking several aspects of this topic.

Mostly due to my kid. The things he would say about Mexicans and/or Central American who reside in our area started to get a bit over board recently and we had to have a chat.

I think I am going to have to update my chat with him and well... tell him so. He'll eat it up.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
The world adapts, America does not. The day of the world adapting to America's whims is coming to an end.

And it's about time.

You do make your case very well, dragon.
I live in the Southwest and MANY people speak Spanish. And I mean white Americans. I feel like an idiot because I don't speak it enough to converse. And 99% of the people here, regardless of origin, speak English.

Some people here (on ATS) seem to have an aversion to Spanish and all things Mexican. Having lived here most of my life (Southwest US) I can say that I LOVE the language, the culture, the art, the architecture... It's a beautiful thing.

It's sad that so many people take one thing (illegal immigration) and spread that over EVERYTHING Mexican. Because they're missing a lot of beauty in their lives.

[edit on 5/9/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
reply to post by dragonsmusic

Credit to where credit is earned. You presentation (?) was well done. You have me re-thinking several aspects of this topic.

Mostly due to my kid. The things he would say about Mexicans and/or Central American who reside in our area started to get a bit over board recently and we had to have a chat.

I think I am going to have to update my chat with him and well... tell him so. He'll eat it up.

Once again, thanks , Anon. My presentation (?) lol maybe it should be reborn into it's own thread
I might make it into one

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
The world adapts, America does not. The day of the world adapting to America's whims is coming to an end.

And it's about time.

You do make your case very well, dragon.
I live in the Southwest and MANY people speak Spanish. And I mean white Americans. I feel like an idiot because I don't speak it enough to converse. And 99% of the people here, regardless of origin, speak English.

Some people here (on ATS) seem to have an aversion to Spanish and all things Mexican. Having lived here most of my life (Southwest US) I can say that I LOVE the language, the culture, the art, the architecture... It's a beautiful thing.

It's sad that so many people take one thing (illegal immigration) and spread that over EVERYTHING Mexican. Because they're missing a lot of beauty in their lives.

[edit on 5/9/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

Thank you, Benevolent

When I was fourteen my parents informed me that they had found me a job at our family's favorite Mexican restaurant. What with being only fourteen I was just like, OK.
A long story is short is I took Spanish all four years of high school and I worked in that same restaurant for all for years. I got what Malcolm Gladwell calls the "10,000 hours" and I became fluent. People thought it was amazing that I could do it , but really it's just a combination of time I spent and other events.

My point is I absolutely adore the Latin culture. I have been speaking Spanish to almost every Latino I have met in the past decade since that time. I once dated a woman from Uruguay for around three years. I'm off topic, but that's interesting what you say about the SW. I should go out there when I'm done with school. Or maybe Colorado

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

CD, that's great man. "throw him a pizza party" lmao

It's a great point he makes. Americans hate Americans, and they hate themselves. And America no longer functions like a well oiled machine. It's just driven by hate , and greed, and an illogical ,bordering on insane, desire to be PC.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join