It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Do you think the US will survive, collapse economically, or have a civil war?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Hi, all,

I love, love, love my country....but we have to admit, it is dysfunctional right now. Nothing seems to be working right. Nothing. And this goes beyond parties...this is not a republican or a democrat rant...this is just a true statement. We have a lot of problems in our country right now....it's very, very dysfunctional. When I say that, it doesn't mean I love my country any less, it just means that I notice that we have some severe problems here....and I'm wondering if the country can stay together through all this?

Maybe I'm like a kid who sees their parents fighting non-stop.....and I'm getting scared that they will break up. And maybe some of us are are like older children in a dysfunctional family, who have seen their parents fight for so many years, that they just WISH they would break up, because they can't stand the arguing anymore.

Actually, I think that metaphor is a pretty good one....we see our "leaders" (republicans and democrats) constantly fighting with each other, instead of focusing on truly doing what is best for country....and we think....will they stay together? Just like parents lose sight of what's best for their kids during times of their own fighting, we see our "leaders" so absorbed in their own need to win every argument, that they cannot see what their fighting is doing to their country. And then, the arguing and fighting, and manipulations, and backstabbing goes on for so long....we start thinking....God, when will it end? Enough, already! Just divorce, and get it over with!

So, I wondered if anybody else was feeling the same way.

Do you want the country to continue on like this? I don't. I'm tired of the partisan bickering, the corrupt politicians who can't see beyond their own bank account, our leaders inability to do what is best for our country, instead of what is best for their party.

They say that money problems are the number one factor that cause divorce....are economic problems the number one factor that break up countries? We saw it the USSR. We might see it in the European Union. Could we see it happen in the US?

Anyway, I'm just wondering...who thinks:

1. Who thinks our country is strong enough to survive these rough times?

2. Who thinks our country will economically collapse, due to the poor economy and/or the impact of natural disasters?

3. Who thinks our country will have another civil war?

4. Who thinks we will get attacked again, especially now that our troops are spread so thin right now, and end up in an all out world war again?

5. Who thinks we'll be forced to "merge" with other countries in order to survive? (i.e. one world government?)

5. Other ideas?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I think the United States will survive. What is going on with the political parties is nothing new in your country and eventually the people will either force the parties to change, or vote them out. That's the way it's happened before.

Probably a few decades to a century from now, I could see the United States laying the groundwork for a superstate in North America, probably depending on how the European Union turns out. This is not the start of some massive one-world government though, more just a gradual changing over time, and a growth of the United States. Remember everything but the original colonies was either purchased, taken or merged from someone else.

The biggest change the United States will face in the next 20 years is the end of their time as the lone-superpower. The rise of China and what I believe is the inevitable unification of Europe will result in two massive new superpower nations. If one looks at the EU as one country (which they really are not at all yet but for the sake of example) we have more money, more people, more production and better public works than America.

It will be very interesting to see what happens.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
s&f..Imo, this thread is truly a real subject and needs to be addressed asap.

I also do love this country, but am disappointed where its headed. I always hear people argue about how much they hate liberals, and my teachers complain about the bush era, when really its the fundamentals of the system that put us where were at right now. its neither sides fault. its our fault for falling for the game that inevitably leads to the same thing.

Lets stop with the bipartisan politics, an start acting as americans and whats good for america. They( the government, msm) have us tricked into this game of left and right.

If we dont do this, im afraid all the speculations and conspiracies of a new world order and one world government will come true sooner than we think. (2012?[end of the free world?])

just some food for thought.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Economic collapse is likely. The US will survive, insofar as all previous empires have survived in one form or another. We will never regain our previous position, though. India and China are ascending, Russia is a dark horse.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by kreinhard]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Dollar will be crushed....My prediction.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Well I think we are in total tyranny and we are quickly running out of ideas for peaceful Redress.

Since all power is derived from we the people, we must be ready to resore the Republic. Government is no longer accountable to the people they are elected to represent.

I would say the US will not survive in its current state.

I forsee a staged event, a false flag to rally the masses as 911 did. But it will not be by some threat outside the US but rather inside. Somthing large enough to make the Fence sitters ready to trade their Liberty for security.

When the time for revolution comes I will pull my weight. Will you?

Buy Guns and Ammo, As much as you can Afford. Buy storable food/seeds (non GMO) as well. These will be more valuable than any currency, gold, or silver.

Have a Survival group and Share resources, or Join/Form a Militia!

Learn as much as you can as soon as you can.

Time is running out!

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

The US of A has to be crushed. It is inevitable. All according to plan.

You cannot make a society that is safe and secure decide to change without the destruction.

All your base belong to us.

And the people will rejoice as their chains are laid upon them. They will welcome their prison guards. Those that do not, will be destroyed.

It "is" the plan.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
What I see is hard to determine the cause.

Gunplay will be a large factor in the near future on a scale that is easy to call a civil war, but the reasons behind it are not so defined as a true civil war. Think more of a mass riot of various causes and targets. But there is still semblance of society to those not involved in the fighting. Think city-states or a town militia for a good description.

Economic collapse is possible, however it will have a greater effect on the controllers and large holders of wealth than the common man. The basic worker cares not in how they are paid be it dollars, ameros or pesos, so long as the relative value (purchasing power) is consistent in the transition. Working long hours with nothing to show for it is not how most Americans deal with the concept paid employment.

Some value systems are going to change. Not everyone is going to be on board with this transition. It will cause problems, lots of problems before things settle down. Will America remain a super-power is the real question. Militarily no single nation could topple the US. Very few nations, even working together, could knock out the advanced warning systems and transport enough troops fast enough to defeat a home-front war.

That is one of the things that I do not like about the Red Dawn scenario. While the US military could concede land to an invading force, the people would self-defend far better than portrayed in the film. The idea of an enemy force holding both towns and US bases in a large area that well would take far more troops depicted.

Even the combined military of all Europe and other NATO countries, entering from Canada holding just Michigan would be quickly outgunned once the people in Ohio and Indiana accessed the equipment in their military bases. Just using Humvees for example, there are close to 15,000 in Ohio and Indiana. By loading them up with private owned guns and gunmen (in addition to mounting as many 50 cal guns that can be found) would be no match against tanks and planes, but the foot soldiers would be decimated in hours. No special skill sets needed in that situation, but there are far more choppers (many Apache) in SE Indiana than I can count driving past one particular base. So if civilian pilots can be found, there ends the tank advantage.

Last thing any country (US included) would be to try to go against a determined American population.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I think the economic collapse is alrady planned. Google cloward-Pivin strategy.

People talk of civil war but I cant figure out who the opposing sides will be.
A regional war?
A class war?
Urban Vs. rural?
The people against the .gov?

Most Americans are so lazy the only thing that would get them to revolt would be if the cable T.V. got shut off.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I know many of you younger folks may not realize this, but there was a time not too long ago that the USA was not a super power. A time when we were more of an isolationist nation, where we kept our noses out of the rest of the worlds problems. So not being a super power really isn't that big of an issue.
It wouldn't be that hard for us to revert back to the days when we relied mainly upon ourselves for a majority of the things that we use every day. There would be a few years of re tooling and reopening factories and businesses that we have since sent over seas. Will it suck? Probably but nothing that would kill us.
The US managed to survive the great depression and with time this too shall pass. There will be a time of "belt tightening" but nothing that I can foresee that would totally obliterate our nation.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by azrael36

Yes but when did that change - in your opinion? was it just before the US entry to WW2 or was it long before that? I am genuionely interested.

Also did the cold war make it a necessity to have spheres of influence?

Thanks in advance

T

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I support secession movement.

Once you're not part of the United States any more, all the debt the gov claims we owe will be repudiated, and....

NO FEDERAL INCOME TAX

(because you're not part of the united states!)

If you don't own your labor, who does?

Taxation on labor is slavery.

top topics

join