It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegals get the heck out!! A story of Racism

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

First off the OP stated that that person that looks "Mexican" may be from a family who has lived in the area for thousands of years and also those states did belong to mexico so it would not take a stretch of the imagination to believe that some mexicans may have stayed in the area after those territories changed hands.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

No, you are missing the point. Mexico's claim to that area is based on a lie.

www.kindredtrails.com...

www.houstonculture.org...

The Spaniards interbred with natives in the Mexico area. So the modern Mexicans have as much claim to anything as any other bastard child. The fairy tale of modern Mexicans having a claim to the area is based on a revisionist history. The European ancestry of modern Mexicans negates any claim to the area. Why is Spanish the native tongue? Because Spain took over the land! I find most people ignorance on the matter to be pure intellectual laziness.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Wouldn't by the same token those of European decent have even less claim to north American?

as far as I know bastard children have more rights to their parents property than say a neighbor across the street.

I agree its our land not Mexico, the land was taken and won by conquest it's ours now, if Mexico had invaded and won say parts of the south they wouldn't go letting us stake claims of it.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
reply to post by daskakik

No, you are missing the point. Mexico's claim to that area is based on a lie.

www.kindredtrails.com...

www.houstonculture.org...

The Spaniards interbred with natives in the Mexico area. So the modern Mexicans have as much claim to anything as any other bastard child. The fairy tale of modern Mexicans having a claim to the area is based on a revisionist history. The European ancestry of modern Mexicans negates any claim to the area. Why is Spanish the native tongue? Because Spain took over the land! I find most people ignorance on the matter to be pure intellectual laziness.

Again the OP said mexican looking. Natives from those areas that have also interbred with europeans look "mexican" but are not. They are from that area. Nothing to do with whether mexico has a legal claim or not.

But since you mention it who did the US fight against for that land?

European ancestry negates any claim to the area? Wouldn't that negate the claim of European decendents to the land in the US including that area?

Truth is who ever wins the war claims the land. Doesn't mean the losser is wrong in saying that land "was" ours. And if they want it back there is no lie in saying "we are going to do everything we can to get it back".

[edit on 8-5-2010 by daskakik]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Those are really valid points! I appreciate you clearing it up.

I had taken the story of a few families I know and assumed there were many Mayans and native Mexicans in the area. I still stand by my point because it's based on some real actual people who have the long heritage of being in this area, but it's interesting to see the general facts of the matter.

Edited to add:
After reading through those great links provided I'd be willing to bet my friend's wrong

Another friend traced her roots back to Mayan culture which migrated through Mexico north, which seems appropriate although rare.

I've learned a lot today!

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Thermo Klein]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join