It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegals get the heck out!! A story of Racism

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
American kids kicked out of school for wearing American flag clothes?? That's just crazy!
[satire and example - please read the entire post]

Arizona passing a law that kicks illegals out?? That's how it SHOULD be!! This is America!
[satire and example - please read the entire post]

But... step back for a second.

My (caucasian) family has been on these lands since 1680 and I have pride in that. "I" am one of the first Americans! I take pride in my Scottish/Celtic heritage as well.

Imagine the pride someone would feel if their ancestors and family pride went back 1,0000 years in the same area!
Generation after generation living in spiritual connection off the lands, growing corn and beans and fruit, having a legacy of knowing you're the first peoples on the land.

Then, a few hundred years ago your country gets taken over. White people come and just start changing everything, they mine, they build, they bring guns.

For my friend Carlos it's this way - his family tree is 6 times older than the whole country of America! And he is a Californian, a citizen of the United States - not because he snuck in, not because he applied to cross the border and get citizenship. This is HIS land!!

Think about that next time you look at someone who seems to have Hispanic/Mexican culture. Has his family lived here for 600 years?

That "wetback" sitting next to you in Denny's who can't even speak the language needs to be ****ing deported!! Well.... maybe you're not so knowledgeable after all - in fact, maybe you're downright ignorant and wrong!

America is a wonderful advanced society with a great history, take pride in America! And, take a moment today to step back and say maybe that "Mexican" I see deserves to be in America too! America is full of people from ALL over the planet - accept it, love it.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Thermo Klein]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

Not every illegal alien in the US is Mexican, but the overwhelming majority is. You may feel, this is their land, and that is ok, and understandable, but, every land has rules. If they don't like the rules here, they can go back south of the border, or, wherever else it is they may have come from.

Rules are, that if you want to live here, you have to abide by the laws of the land.

By assuming that everyone is racist, on your part, because they want all illegals, not just those from Mexico to go home, is in my opinion, bad taste on your part.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
Not every illegal alien in the US is Mexican, but the overwhelming majority is.

Do you have proof of this?? you honestly think more than half the people of Mexican heritage in the U.S. are illegal?

By assuming that everyone is racist, on your part, because they want all illegals, not just those from Mexico to go home, is in my opinion, bad taste on your part.

Nothing in my thread states anything of the sort. I re-read it, apparently you didn't read past the title

I chose that title on purpose because it eludes to the ignorance and prejudice of some people.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Thermo Klein]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein

Not every illegal alien in the US is Mexican, but the overwhelming majority is.

Do you have proof of this?? you honestly think more than half the people of Mexican heritage in the U.S. are illegal?

It would seem they were simply implying that Hispanics make up the vast majority of illegals in the U.S. ... not that the majority of Hispanics in the U.S. are/were here illegally.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

No, I did not mean the majority of Mexicans here are illegal. I mean the majority of illegals here are Mexican.

Take it whatever way you want to, but, all illegals need to go home, not just ones that happen to be from Mexico.

All sorts of people seem to be using the race card, for either a reason to kick people out, or for sympathy.

All illegals need the boot, each and every one of them, even if they are polka dotted!

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Thanks for clarifying (both of you).

I'm not really making a statement on that, per se; my point is about feeling and judgment. If someone's family has been in the geographical area of California for over 1,000 years they should naturally have some rights even if they don't speak the English language.

Should illegals be kicked out? I think so, too - but I think what's NOT being looked at by many, many Americans and the news media is the perspective of native Mexicans who have lived here forever.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Americans have good reason to be angry about illegal immigration and the lack of border protection.

Along with Mexican illegal immigrants has come Mexican drug gangs and cartel operatives... With them will come crime and violence.

It isn't racist to ask people to legally immigrate here is it?

An example of how things are going south of the border today...

www.foxnews.com...

ACAPULCO, Mexico (AP) — Mexican police are investigating the murders of three men whose bodies were found tortured and headless near the beachside resorts of Acapulco.

A Saturday statement from police in Guerrero state says the victims were in their 20s and 30s. Neither their identities nor a motive has been determined.

They were found on a peninsula a few miles south of the city.

The U.S. State Department warned this week that parts of southern Guerrero state could be dangerous for travelers due to drug violence.

More than 22,700 people have been killed since President Felipe Calderon launched an offensive against cartels in December 2006.

22,700 murders!

Decapitations?

If we do not control immigration, deport illegals and protect the borders then we are going to be dealing with Mexican drug wars and violence in our own cities.

It isn't racist, it is the law... We should be enforcing it.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Fractured.Facade]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

If they don't like the rules here, they can go back south of the border, or, wherever else it is they may have come from.

Rules are, that if you want to live here, you have to abide by the laws of the land.

What we really need to do is punish the Americans that are hiring these illegal aliens. THAT is why the illegal aliens are coming to America - arresting them is like trying to kill a tree by removing one leaf at a time. Instead, you need to get at the root. Kill the root (Americans and American businesses hiring this cheap source of labor) the aliens will stop coming here.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I would like to say I am not against immigration. I have traced my family back to Europe, and am proud of what they have done, though there are a few black sheep in there, but that is the past. Part of my family came to this country before World War I, passing through Ellis Island. I have met others who did just that, and as I recall, they worked hard to become an American Citizen, forsaking their prior country in hopes of something better, to include having to put their own cultural heritage on hold, and forbidding their children from even speaking the language of their foreparents. When growing up, I was taught that America was a land of opportunity, a melting pot, one of the few places in the world where a person could meet others and exchange ideas freely. Yes there has been injustice, and growth on the part of the country, but we did grow. My main problem with the entire illegale immigration debate is that people are screaming racisim and ignoring the face that they did violate the laws of the land to come into the country through the back door, sneaking in and then not even seeking to become full citizens. They demand rights, yet fail to see that part of the problem that most citizens of the country have, is what rights is a person who has broken the law really entitled to? I was raised with, if you break the law, do the crime, you get punished. Well that is how I feel, as I was also raised with the concept and idea of equal justice. That means a person who has broken the law, no matter how small or insignificant should be punished. People for illegale immigration scream human rights, yet do not want to admit that the greastest violation of human rights does not come from the United States of America, rather it comes from those who would assist people in violating the laws of the country. And what of those who did come through the front door, and show up legally and worked hard, think that they are going to be happy with a free pass for those who break the law? Unfortunately the federal government has failed to protect the boarders and the solutions right now are harsh and hard, and yes there will be pains in this, but what is kinder, to allow for the status quo to continue on as is, or to actually do something and maybe force the federal government to do something that is fair and equal across the board. There are many parts of this problem, the first being the lack of action on the part of the federal government of the United States of America and its politicians. Sure Illegale immigration is a big time issue and good for votes, but after the politicians get into office, that issue goes by the wayside. The other part is that of the Mexican government, that continues to allow its citizens to break the law of their neighbor.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

and the fools still use fox news as a source hahahaha. and what havent you understood!? why hasn't it gotten through your thick head and all the witnesses coming out that the CIA is behind the drug trade. what a tard.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by RobertRogers

I could't agree with you more. There was a thread on one of the ATS forums where Arpaio did a raid in the Phoenix area, and there were 24 arrests of illegals using stolen identities at one company.

There was NO mention in the article about the business owner being in any sort of trouble.

Sad thing is, the business owner probably went out on the street, and hired 24 more, the next day!

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I gotta say I'm about sick to death of the recent popularity for hate-threads. It's been a few weeks now and one hate-thread or other is high in the ATS chart. You're making a fair point that won't gain the attention of an extreme position.

There's a valid discussion about immigration...real concerns, economic, political and social. As far as I can tell, most of the posts on the subject are ignorant, bitter and often hysterical.

People are rooted in their time and place...the here and now. How many know about history? There isn't a country in the world that hasn't been overcome by other countries in the past. Populations have risen, fallen and been mixed with other cultures forever.

There isn't a pure breed of any colour, nationality or 'race' in the world. We're all from mixed heritages and it's made us what we are. Isolation is stagnation. The few dozen stone age tribes of Borneo, Papua New Guinea and the Amazon illustrate what happens when culture is in a closed system...

African nations weren't too happy about British and Belgian conquest. Incans felt the same about the Spanish. The British didn't like the Roman invasion. Romans weren't happy about the Visigoths doing a smash and grab on Rome. History repeats and so it goes...

In modern history, times of economic struggle always lead to division. People look to put the blame on minorities or other cultures. It isn't nice, but it's typical human behaviour. What I suspect we're seeing is an upsurge in the hate and fear. Time will tell and life goes on...

Whoops...I've gone and got all philosophical and deep without realising. It's the Bulleit talking

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Typically it's not the color of skin giving the illegals away but their heavy accents. I understand that some immigrants who came here legally have heavy accents but to me this is a better way of telling if one is here legally or not.

When I worked in the kitchens at a restaurant I worked with many immigrants and I didn't really care if they were here legally or illegally. However it was frustrating to work with them because of their heavy accent it made it hard to communicate efficiently.

One day a friend of mine was joking around with one of them as he usually did and asked one if he had a green card. The immigrant replied yes innocently and my friend asked to see it. At this point the immigrant blushed and grinned saying "he didn't have it with him". At this point it became obvious to my friend and everyone else he was lying. I was a little disgusted at this because it seemed like a joke to him. Also this immigrant refused to speak English unless it was utterly necessary, and he knew English pretty well so there was no excuse for him not to speak it.

Who cares how long anyone's family has been here. We're all here now so deal with it. Yeah our ancestors weren't kind to the native's, and that is a very shameful part of our past, but we cant change it! We bought the land from Spain & Mexico fair and square, the United States owns this land and the people living here must obey it's laws.

Just because my family is originally from England do I have a right to live there and not apply for citizenship because that's where my ancestors lived?

No.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I am like your friend Carlos, my family can trace it's history back to Spanish missionaries, long before California was in the us. on my mothers side we even had ancestors that fought on the Mexican side of the Mexican American war.

my family has been in california and Texas area longer than the European settlers, we have been Americans citizens since the late 1800 choosing to stay even after the defeat. that being said even I am against illegal immigration, we are a country of laws and they need to be followed and enforced.

I have no problem with immigration done legally and I support hat whole heartedly, I support the assimilation of other cultures into our own I don't fear it like some. what I don't like is the level of racial bs surrounding the Arizona law, it seems to give license to racial profiling and could lead to the violation of rights of our own citizens.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by asmall89

this immigrant

Two words that say so much.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmall89
We bought the land from Spain & Mexico fair and square, the United States owns this land and the people living here must obey it's laws.

Not all the land, a big part was not bought.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I would think people on ats would be against any law that even by accident gives the police power to harass American citizens, it seems like one more bit of eroding or rights for safety, or is it okay because it's only the Mexican american population that will have to deal with this.

as a citizen of the u.s. I have the right to not even speak to a cop if I've done nothing wrong, hell even if I did I have the right to remain silent, so now if I chose to use these rights in Arizona will I get deported for not speaking to a cop on the street?

and as the man I was named after said
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both. ." Benjamin Franklin

[edit on 8-5-2010 by benrl]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

The original inhabitants of the California area were not the native tribes the Spaniards interbred w/ they were Apaches and a few other tribes. Aztecs, Mayans and the others did not come that far up north. The Mexicans are a mix of the people the Spanish intermixed with and some native tribes. This whole the Mexicans were here first is total crap and people still buy into it.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Well said!

My wife came to America on a student visa from Kenya. It took her 8 years to become a legal citizen of the United States ~ she is REALLY proud of her U.S. passport!

I am against illegal immigration and feel those who sneak across should be caught and sent back.

The small caveat is those people who have been here for hundeds of years and still speak Spanish. I don't like seeing racial profiling and judgment based on appearance, which is part of the ignorance of many people I know, and of the Arizona law.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

I gotta say I'm about sick to death of the recent popularity for hate-threads. It's been a few weeks now and one hate-thread or other is high in the ATS chart. You're making a fair point that won't gain the attention of an extreme position.

I sincerely hope you don't classify this thread as a hate thread! For those who did they likely read the title only and quickly reacted without reading what I really had to say.

Glad you got all philosophical! I like what you had to say.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join