It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most accurate prediction of all time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
www.worlddreambank.org...

On June 28, 1914 Bishop Joseph Lanyi of Hungary awoke from his sleep after having experienced a terrible dream. In his dream he found a letter from Franz that said he and his wife had been assassinated and asked for spiritual help. Included in the letter was a picture that showed two assassins killing Franz and his wife.

When the Bishop awoke he wrote down everything he had seen. Later that day he was informed that Franz and his wife had been killed.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Backround info on the assassination ~
en.wikipedia.org...

On June 28, 1914 Archduke Franz Ferdinand and his wife were gunned down by Gavrilo Princip.

Ferdinand was chosen as an assassination target by the Serbian nationalist group 'Black Hand' after a failed attempt to kill the governor of Bosnia.

It is widely accepted that Ferdinand's assassination was the spark that ignited WWI.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Sounds like Clairvoyance to me.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Backround info on Franz Ferdinand ~
en.wikipedia.org...

Franz Ferdinand was born on December 18, 1863 to the Archduke Karl Ludwig. In 1900 Franz married Sophie Chotek, Duchess of Hohenburg.

Ferdinand was the heir to the throne of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and his assassination was the cause of Austria-Hungary's declaration of war on Serbia.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
In conclusion ~

The Bishop's dream predicted almost exactly what would happen to the Archduke and his wife with only one mistake. In his dream he saw two assassins firing at the Ferdinand when in reality only one of the three assassins completed his task successfully.

With only one mistake I would say that this is easily the most accurate prediction I've ever seen.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
God or His angels sent the man the warning is what I believe. Many people I've talked to seem to get visions or warnings at one point or another in their lives. I know I have; for a year-and-a-half (approximately) before the event, "911" would enter my head at random moments. I eventually complained a little about it, because I started tying it in my thoughts to a forthcoming medical emergency that I would have to deal with. There was no medical emergency, and that event kept me riveted to the tv for three days when it happened.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Included in the letter was a picture that showed two assassins killing Franz and his wife.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

well this is no premonition, this is an example of time-travel

how else would a photo of two assassins be sent before they (or two others) did their deed?

reflect that back then 'Polaroid' moments were not avalable...
the photo 'box' had to have a protocol of special teatments
and a bunch of time-consuming steps with precise strengths of chemicals for a 'photo' to result...

unless- of course- the image was not the then available technology
(which opens a paradox situation)

i insist that someone provides firm evidence that the image was taken 'before' the assassinations took place...and the image was consistant with the then available photographic technology....

i smell a rat somewhere !

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

It wasn't a real photo, it was in his dream. He dreamt he was opening a letter and in the letter was a photo.

Although, according to the link, he did sketch it out.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleMaster

There will be people who would claim this is a self fulfilling prophecy lol. When the guy had nothing to do with it, people will say people make it happen, lol.

Skeptics are useless.

Nice thread do not know if true, but i would not be surprised.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
It is important to reflect on the meaning of the prescience, as it occurred to the man himself, I was surprised to find no record of any of his own musing on the event.

If anyone can find any quotes please share.

I say this because this kind of phenomenon is intensely personal, and without knowing the character of the Bishop, we can't form a full opinion.

This particular assassination was of singular importance, both in respect to what happened afterward, and before.

Lot's of conspiracy theories surround this murder.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

well to my sensibliities, that like a 'remote viewer' sayin/drawing a sketch with squiggly lines & others saying that was proff of either a water or road or energy field involved....

the dreamer has absolutely no proof they didn't dream the 2 assassins/3 assassins up ~ after-the-fact

thanks for the clarification,
friend

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Did you even read my link? It brings that exact point up and answers it. A reporter examined the Bishop's sketch and talked to the witnessess who saw him draw the sketch and confirmed that he had indeed drawn it before the assassination.

You should read people's sources before posting in their thread.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred
Backround info on the assassination ~
en.wikipedia.org...

On June 28, 1914 Archduke Franz Ferdinand and his wife were gunned down by Gavrilo Princip.

Ferdinand was chosen as an assassination target by the Serbian nationalist group 'Black Hand' after a failed attempt to kill the governor of Bosnia.

It is widely accepted that Ferdinand's assassination was the spark that ignited WWI.

Was not Gavrilo Princip a muslim? I read that Jihad was running rampant in their country.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I'm not sure, I'll look into that. If he was though it doesn't really make a difference. The assassanation was because of nationalism, not religion.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

No, Gavrilo Princip was not a muslim, he was an anarchist and at the time, the Black Hand terrorist group, along with another one called "Join or Die" were fighting to free Bosnia from the grip of the Austro-hungarian Empire, as the first step to end states as we know them.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Originally posted by LittleMaster

There will be people who would claim this is a self fulfilling prophecy lol. When the guy had nothing to do with it, people will say people make it happen, lol.

Skeptics are useless.

I am a skeptic of clairavoyance and even so i have also had dreams of things that came true to some degree even very very close to what i dreamed or in a few cases just knew was going to happen. The reason i am a skeptic? tell me what use this vision had. Anyone who defends psychic abilities, explain to me what use ithas what so ever. I have struggled with the idea of this for as long as i have had episodes of psychic ability. Albeit small and minor episodes they mean diddly. They dont help anyone, they dont change anything, so what purpose other than some possible philisophical meaning could psychic ability to know the future have. It argues a case for determinism and i refuse to believe in that idea since it negates the idea of free will. The idea that my actions are already known and done in the future mean i have no choice in my future or the events i will play in them. This also means that evil is negated as a concept because if your actions are already predefined and are a matter of future record just waiting to become the past then you cannot be held accountable for an act of free will. the choice is not yours.
Clairavoyance in my opinion is useless.

top topics

join