It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tunnel Reality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I have spent at least 2 years going through, as well as putting into practice, methods and techniques as taught and written in Prometheus Rising.

This has been a somewhat disturbing venture as I am now well aware that I view the world only through the ideas that I have allowed myself to "Gnosis".

For example if you have ever tasted of a fresh Peach right off the tree and tried to describe the taste of the Peach to somebody else whom has never tasted a Peach they would never really understand the taste until they have tasted the said Peach. (kinda like Adam and Eve in the garden)

So the "Gnosis" or intimate knowledge of the "fresh
Peach" is known only to you. And known only to you in the way your five senses communicate this "Gnosis" to your entire being.

This above action is a form of knowledge...or Gnosis.

You can share "information" about your "Gnosis" and others may "identify" ( or have a Skinner imprint reaction) with your information concerning your Gnosis but until somebody actually eats of the same "fruit" you ate of they would never have true knowledge of the situation.

You interpret your world through your "Gnosis" or the way you have been taught (info) and expierianced (kwowledge) and applied knowledge (wisdom) to interpret events.

A modern term that many may identify with would be "body knowledge". Body Knowledge is Gnosis...or the way you react..spirit, soul and body to incoming stimuli.

Jim Morrison from the Doors had said he gained Knowledge from the "outside in".

Outside in is the first part of the cycle.

The second part inside out is the first stage of the virtuous or viscous cycle of knowledge/wisdom.

This is the way one gains Gnosis.

Outside in.

Inside out.

The cycle, I believe was referenced in the Gospels when Jesus said (paraphrased) it is not that which goes into a man which defiles the man but that which proceeds out of the man.

It is not knowledge that defiles it is the use of that knowledge. Inside out application of Gnosis...which is wisdom/foolishness.

To recap once your information is turned into knowledge the next step is the gaining of Wisdom for said knowledge through the inside out of the knowledge.

An example would be Wayne Gretzky...or any sport superstar.

Most of us on ATS have information upon how to score a goal in hockey.

Yet the spectrum of those who have ever shot a puck into a net, or have actual knowledge of the act would be a smaller percentage of ATS.

Now as you work your way down the spectrum we would have even fewer if any members of ATS would have the "Wisdom" or the proper/improper use of shooting a puck into a net.

Wayne Gretsky has information, knowledge and wisdom upon how to shoot. lol You can use any figure in your own mythology.

This is not the first time I have went forward into some niche of human thought.

The first being the American version of Christianity, the book Prometheus Rising being a new exploration. Yet even this path is interpreted through my own Gnosis. lol

Is their no escape to find truth?

With that in mind, my "tunnel reality" being soaked in the Roman Catholic tradition, the British/Canadian ideas, American ideas, with a smattering of Norther European/Native American ideas has become more and more apparent to me.

I am now conscious of it.

I have also had the advantage of living in different cultures although I now understand that I relate to those cultures only through the "map of my reality".

In short One thing that Promethius Risisng has taught me is that I interpret my reality only through my Gnosis.

Disturbing if you discover your very premise is incorrect. lol

gnosis.org...
www.pluginmusic.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

Disturbing if you discover your very premise is incorrect.

Disturbing is such a negative word - how 'bout Enlightening..?

Either way - good analogies, good post...makes ya' think.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

You must then combine knowledge of tunnels.

There are several ways to understand a persons mind and several ways to test theorys. I suppose you would need "faith" that you can see anothers tunnel to even attempt it.

From the perspective that we are all electrical signals and memories each of us are only differnt because one contains information the many do not. This is quickly dissapearing for those who choose to see the world through anothers eyes....

The reasons are varied. The survival rate is low.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by happygolucky

HGL...

exactly...

The idea of joy or dis-pare confronts a person though.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Knowledge of tunnels...this is very hard on the soul.

I then need to sort out conflicting emotions...lol.

Of course when looking at the mix of ideas and information/disinformation simply overwhelms the soul.

One could compare it to first seeing the Rockies or the Grand Canyon.

Anyhow speaking of Western Tradition I need to shave and put on a monkey suit for a wedding.

Chow and God bless till later.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

From the perspective that we are all electrical signals and memories each of us are only different because one contains information the many do not

Its deeper then that.

I have Gnosis of this...lol. You do as well I assume otherwise you would not have posted.

We are electrical signals...heart, pulse, beta, theta, gamma, alpha, etc.

We are a "vibration" of atoms/ molecules/small particles.

We are spirit. We are live beyond and above our senses. Ask a coma patient who has survived.

Our soul is our emotes. Eros, φιλέω(Phileo),...empathy. All are evolved. Our soul is evolved. It is taught.

Our spirit is who we are. You are a spirit, you have a soul and for now you live in a body.

The spirit and soul are intertwined in the way a fetus and a mother are intertwined.

Yet as a mother and a child(fetus) they are separate but together. The child cannot survive without the mother. (unless of course intervention is considered) The mother feels philoteknos. The mother cannot live without the child...or so she feels. This is the natural order.

Your spirit is who you are. This is the inate part of you...you the evolved primate.

This is the part of you that urged you as a sperm to "win the race".

This is the "you" that joined the flesh or became incarnate in the flesh when you joined the egg In Utero.

You are a spirit, you have a soul and you live in a body.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
duh...

....what are.....duh....reality tunnellz....

/jest

btw, OP, you of course realise that Robert Anton Wilson suggests that reality takes the shape of a tunnel in which we are continually moving forward through?

in other words, he means it more than just a play on words.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

Yes.

Yet he said we create our own!?!

I do not consider myself an expert in any fashion. In fact I am somewhat astonished at what I do not know.

If you feel that my idea is lacking or if you understand Robert Anton Wilson in a way that I do not see as of yet please enlighten me.

Not that I think the guy is god or anything...I am simply following through with his exercises.

new topics

top topics

join