It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Images Found in JJ Abrams "Super 8" Trailer?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
This guy claims there are hidden images in this trailer, does anybody think so? What could this movie be about? Guesses anyone?

Top Secret JJ Abrams Trailer: Released last night in previews to Iron Man 2

SECRET IMAGES FOUND IN SUPER 8 TRAILER!

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Pocky]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
If anything JJ put those in there so that people would speculate as to what the story is about.

Let's not forget this is JJ and Spielberg working on Sci Fi.

It's going to be quite epic IMO.

I don't really see any "Conspiracy" connection to the images show in the video.

Other than it being a kick butt trailer lol

I can't wait to see that film.

It's set in 79, so I expect a lot of that sort of imagery. As well it's about area 51.

I believe though, it's part of the grander scheme of disclosure, getting us use to these types of scenarios and images.

~Keeper

[edit on 5/8/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

Sorry might be daft.

What am I looking for? Watched a couple of times but could not see a secret message.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I went to that scariesthingieversaw.com and when you count the seconds between when each number changes it makes the sequence 6366363663636636 and so on. I wonder if that has something to do with the release date or something maybe?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
there was a post for this movie some where else and they said that its about some kids who film with a super 8 camera and catch an alien on film. no idea about what kind, due to the trailer i assume reptilian. the pictures that were hidden look a lot like x-rays and one did look like the side of a grays head. im not sure what it all means, but i couldn't get to that site scariestthingieversaw.com it just didn't exist.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I stuck together the hidden images in one video and also created a pic of the text all together, spelling out the message at the end.

www.youtube.com...

: )
hope that's of some help to someone out there.
website here..
www.scariestthingieversaw.com...

[edit on 12-5-2010 by peepholecircus]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I'm sure there's tons of stuff in the trailer. Cloverfield, which Abrams produced, got enormous buzz and mileage out of all the crazy sites and "secret stuff" the trailer and other things they put out about it supposedly had. It's a great marketing tool, and relatively cheap to do if you're willing to put in the effort.

The first movie I remember doing that sort of thing in such great detail was A.I., which of course was made by Spielberg, so I'm not in the least surprised if they will do that sort of thing again with this movie, especially since the subject matter really screams for these sorts of fun, internet diversions.

Don't expect any real conspiracies to be revealed, though. It's going to be more about clues to what's in the movie and also just so people get into long, crazy debates about "what could it all mean." It's all self-serving to promote the film.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
yes, it's a great way to market, also was good fun for me to grab the stills and solve the mystery for myself.

Either way, should be fun at least. I'm not expecting any more than that really.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
heres some interesting stuff. Loring Air Force base located in Limestone Maine. en.wikipedia.org...
now link these things with the UFO sightings that were seen at Loring.. The base was targeted for closure in 1976. In 1979 the congress decided to keep it open. in 1981 they spent $300 MILLION DOLLARS to upgrade the facility!!
the official closure date was September 30, 1994. is it possible that instead of sending the materials from area 51 to a secure location in ohio, they may have sent them here? there is another thread about loring, where someone speaks of a lot of snow, and a small building but the snow around it was gone, as if it were warm. please do some research on Loring and try to link these things! We may infact be on to something? there is many fishy stories about this place out there.. we also have a surveillance blimp. I live a few miles from here, so I'd be happy to take pictures of anything you guys may want.

EDIT: please note, it's a matter of FACT there are underground tunnels running all through this place, I know this because i've seen it with my own 2 eyes.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by misterwyte]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
hmmm sounds like there may be a story link.
I'll look into it, who knows what it's going to be.
thanks

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
So, wtf? after visiting the scariestthingieversaw website, my laptop shut down and will not do anything.. i've even removed the battery its like the buttons don't work.. there's something wierd going on here and i dont like it

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

someone was speculating it's a hulk movie...

what's with the obsession with the number 8 anyway? do you remember smallville's clark kent had an 8 branded on his chest? that's weird...

[edit on 15-5-2010 by reject]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by misterwyte

No idea why that happened.

This site:

super8.wikibruce.com...

has gone through the process of following the information supplied. It is quite interesting, and points ultimately towards this secret message:

no certainty if a live may be after us we go underground

and another site called "Rocketpoppeteers.com", which is currently "temporarily down".

All very curious...

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Oh man, you better play it in reverse too, to make sure their are no satanic messages!

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by misterwyte

K, so yeah, the movie looks interesting bt I reckon it's just a movie at the mo.

what bothers me is that website - scariestthingieversaw.com; it has aDOS like command box that seems to be doing something - I'm not the most tech person in the world but what are all those commands etc doing exactly? It needed me to enter y for yes and then enter a few times and...I can't tell if it's a really good loading screen or some kind of spy/f-up-computer type thing.........

anyone have any info on it?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by reject
what's with the obsession with the number 8 anyway? do you remember smallville's clark kent had an 8 branded on his chest? that's weird...:lol

"Super 8" refers to "super 8" film, which was, before the advent of video, the format most commonly used for home movies. It's an 8mm sized frame on the emulsion. The famous Zapruder Film of Kennedy's assassination, or the famous grainy shot of bigfoot moving through the forest is pretty typical of the image quality of what you get when shooting with 8mm film stock.

I have a feeling this movie is about some image caught on an 8mm film...either that or a helluva marketing ploy by Super 8 Motels.

Originally posted by XHellcatX
what bothers me is that website - scariestthingieversaw.com; it has aDOS like command box that seems to be doing something - I'm not the most tech person in the world but what are all those commands etc doing exactly? It needed me to enter y for yes and then enter a few times and...I can't tell if it's a really good loading screen or some kind of spy/f-up-computer type thing.........

anyone have any info on it?

It's not a real DOS command box, it's just a flash game that looks like a DOS window, so it mimics like you are connecting to some 1977 vintage computer via a TelNet interface. I worked at a company a few years back that still ran everything on an ancient database developed in the 1970's and we had to interface with it via TelNet, and it looked just like that (so annoying!).

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
why do people say the word "clearly" about images in photos that are anything but? i admit that in the part 2 video the first image looks like an alien ( but you can stop almost any movie, show or music video and find strange looking images) but the supposed kids face is definitely not "clearly" seen. it resembles a face but stop the trailer a few seconds sooner or a few seconds later and i wonder if that face is still there?

"i saw a face"
did it have a nose?
yeah.....
that sounds like a face.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
recently i learned that there is an actual document that was created during/after the Roswell crash, it's an official FBI document stating that there was a saucer shaped craft that was to be moved by any means necessary to the Patterson wright base in Ohio. i haven't been able to find it but im looking for the video that showed it.

new topics

top topics

join