It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Resist the 2010 census

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I do believe that there may be some interesting questions regarding the census. The most pertinent question to consider is...who is being represented?

Form 56 "Definitions" from irs.gov

Person. A person is any individual, trust,
estate, partnership, association,
company or corporation.

Legally, Corporations are people, so are We the people being represented, and by we the people I mean we as individuals. Or are Corporations being represented?

Figuring that:

Link

TITLE 28 > PART VI > CHAPTER 176 > SUBCHAPTER A > § 3002

(15) “United States” means—
(A) a Federal corporation;

And since whatever state that you live in, like say the STATE OF OHIO is simply a subdivision of the United States, it would be safe to assume that, the American individuals are not being represented by the census...that instead, representatives are being apportioned for Corporations.

Furthermore, the United States is not your Country. It is only your "Country" because you have volunteered yourself as a citizen of the United States.

For anyone interested there is a book called The Red Amendment: An in Law Expose on the Fourteenth Amendment by L.B. Bork.

I highly recommend it for everyone to read. The "reconstruction" period after the civil war changed the face of American representation.

And it also changed the original de jure Citizenship of the colonists.

www.pacinlaw.org...

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

So the government is going to send someone to come onto my property with a loaded weapon and demand information from me?

They might not come to your door just for a census now. They might just come to your door, to make sure you are ok mentally, and not a danger to yourself, or others. Would that be ok with you? Perhaps they can get your census information at the same time.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

So the government is going to send someone to come onto my property with a loaded weapon and demand information from me?

They might not come to your door just for a census now. They might just come to your door, to make sure you are ok mentally, and not a danger to yourself, or others.

Really?

What is your definition of mentally ok anyways?

Now you are doing door to door psychological evaluations ?

Where is the constitution does it say that?

[edit on 13-5-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

They might not come to your door just for a census now. They might just come to your door, to make sure you are ok mentally, and not a danger to yourself, or others.

Really?

And where is the constitution that says what you did about my daughter? And where is your proof of my daughter doing what you said? Have you ever seen her pull a gun and demand answers? Please show me where she does this.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Really?

No, I just made that up! But, keep on spewing!

Not you.

Now you are doing door to door psychological evaluations ?

I'm not a census emplyee. Nobody needs to go door to door to figure you out. You are typing it all for us to see.

You can easily be institutionalized for a 72 hour hold, if people are concerned about your mental status.

edit for quote

[edit on 13-5-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Boy, you really take your user name seriously, don't you?

I had the short one this time, so it just took a second. I had the long version 10 years ago, so a few more questions.

Ever tried to look into genealogy, or your family tree? Sometimes the census can be the only record of some people.

In fact, I found this distant man I was related to, way back from my grandparents and great grandparents, (His first name was Obediah) and it said in one census he gave his age as 19. Ten years later he gave his age as 23. :LOL:

So he was either a liar, or too dumb to keep up with his age. But anyway, the Census was the only information I could find about him.

(Aw, poor old thing).

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by FiatLux

And where is your proof of my daughter doing what you said?

Ummm here?

Originally posted by FiatLux

That is why my daughter carries a 45, because of those idiots.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

You can easily be institutionalized for a 72 hour hold, if people are concerned about your mental status.

Who is it that you think you are Blanca?

The thread is about the census and now you think you can have me institutionalized.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Umm, did I say she uses it to get answers, and did I say she pulled it at any time? I also said she carries it for her protection, what part of that didn`t you understand? No, I believe your just out to cause trouble.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Who is it that you think you are Blanca?

What does my explaining who I am mean to you? Who do you think you are? You are making a big deal out of being a number on paper. That is who you are in the scheme of a census.

The thread is about the census and now you think you can have me institutionalized.

Well, if the shoe fits, you should have no problem, there.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
You know, after reading your load, how can one come to a conclusion that your have a point at all, given the signature in your profile ( guns drawn), and the other things you have, even your tattered flag.

It's very sad to see a person not want to be a part of society in the US, as you propose to do, with your resistance.

Feel free to exit, at any time, because quite frankly, I don't care if you are a citizen, you are an embarassment to me, having to share this country with you.

Go move to China, or some other place, if you feel your rights, by being counted as a citizen are so infringed upon.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I remember the 2000 census well. I can remember throwing it to the corner of my desk with other junk mail. It sat there for awhile underneath the clutter, but I never completely forgot about it. I knew it would come back to haunt me. It seemed to cry out to me from underneath the accumulation of magazines, books, and old mail, "We're going to come after you!"

Well, my suspicions came true. I was at work and in walks this disheveled looking man with alot of paperwork under his arms. They had found me! I asked him how he found me at work and he said, "We have our ways!" I asked him to leave and I would contact him when I was not at work. He refused to leave. He was not going anywhere until I answered every single question on the census form.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erica1631

I was at work and in walks this disheveled looking man with alot of paperwork under his arms. They had found me! I asked him how he found me at work and he said, "We have our ways!" I asked him to leave and I would contact him when I was not at work. He refused to leave. He was not going anywhere until I answered every single question on the census form.

That's called harassment.

Unlawful harassment is a form of discrimination that violates Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and other federal authority.

Understand your rights which can be enforced under a different govenmental agency than the governmental agency that is harrassing you.

Any employee wishing to initiate an EEO complaint arising out of the alleged incident of harassment must contact an FCC EEO Counselor or other EEO official within 45 calendar days of the date of the incident.

Understanding Workplace Harassment
www.fcc.gov...

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

given the signature in your profile ( guns drawn), and the other things you have, even your tattered flag.

Well we know where you stand now Blanca.

You are part of the 67% who want to destroy this country.

Should the American Flag Be Banned -- in America?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Last year I had two different census takers come to my house. I talked to them...politely. They both asked a bunch of questions I didn't think necessary. Then we moved. This year we filled out the census and mailed it back. They still knocked on our door with a bunch of questions. Exactly how many times can they keep coming to our house asking questions? And WHY?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shystargazer

Last year I had two different census takers come to my house. I talked to them...politely. They both asked a bunch of questions I didn't think necessary. Then we moved. This year we filled out the census and mailed it back. They still knocked on our door with a bunch of questions. Exactly how many times can they keep coming to our house asking questions? And WHY?

Why? If you wish to learn the legitimate reason for the census, it has been explained in abundance among the pages of ATS, or you can find it elsewhere. It is a simple headcount.

I refer to statistics and demographics quite often, and am looking forward to having updated information. It is absolutely nothing sinister, and nobody is out to get you. To assert otherwise is embracing ignorance.

Although I filled out my form in a timely way, if they should show up at my door, I will answer the additional questions expeditiously, and have them on their way. It's no big deal.

The people who are claiming this is something other than it is, or are advertising their own hostilities over a simple census, are absurd.

Short and simple.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldUncleDave

The census count is used for allocation of federal dollars to your community.

Each person not counted represents approximately $1700 per year for the next ten years that your community won't be getting.

There might be enough people living under my roof to support one local government official with benifits for one full year.

Come get your money.

I'm still refusing compliance.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Hey, you never did answer my questions I asked you in my responce to you. Please show me your proof of this.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I am trying to think of an analogy that might help you to understand this a little better. I don't mean to sound condescending, sorry if I do, but you seem to be off and running with some ideas that simply do not represent the intention and value of the census.

Analogy:

Imagine you are a child sitting in a classroom. It's the first day of school. The teacher comes in, and wants to call the roll, to make sure everybody is there, and find out who the new students might be, whose names didn't get on the roll, passed along from last year.

She asks everyone to raise their hands, as she calls their names. Everyone does. When she calls *your* name, you think "I'm not going to raise my hand". "I have the right to NOT raise my hand". Which you do have the right. So you do not raise your hand to be accounted for.

She then asks "is there anybody in here, whose name I did NOT call?" A few students raise their hands. She tends to them, and makes a note of this.

Now, the teacher is taking notes, determining what supplies she will need, based upon how many students she has. Let's see now, she will need 24 rulers, 24 new desks, and 24 ice-creams at break time. She will have 24 students on the play ground at play time, so she might need a teacher's aid to go with her. Okay. Done. She turns in her request of needs.

Now, when the new desks arrive, they only have 24, instead of the needed 25. You feel a little deprived. You want one too. Then, the 24 ice creams arrive. You are really ticked off, thinking you might take one anyone, regardless that you didn't raise your hand to be counted.

And so it goes.

You realize that you have shot yourself in the foot, due to your paranoia and stubbornness. It hasn't served you well.

This tirade about abandoning the Census, is not serving you well, either.
But I guess you will have to figure that out for yourself.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

Analogy:

Imagine you are a child sitting in a classroom. It's the first day of school. The teacher comes in, and wants to call the roll, to make sure everybody is there, and find out who the new students might be, whose names didn't get on the roll, passed along from last year.

She asks everyone to raise their hands, as she calls their names. Everyone does. When she calls *your* name, you think "I'm not going to raise my hand". "I have the right to NOT raise my hand". Which you do have the right. So you do not raise your hand to be accounted for.

She then asks "is there anybody in here, whose name I did NOT call?" A few students raise their hands. She tends to them, and makes a note of this.

Now, the teacher is taking notes, determining what supplies she will need, based upon how many students she has. Let's see now, she will need 24 rulers, 24 new desks, and 24 ice-creams at break time. She will have 24 students on the play ground at play time, so she might need a teacher's aid to go with her. Okay. Done. She turns in her request of needs.

Now, when the new desks arrive, they only have 24, instead of the needed 25. You feel a little deprived. You want one too. Then, the 24 ice creams arrive. You are really ticked off, thinking you might take one anyone, regardless that you didn't raise your hand to be counted.

I don't like your class teacher.

You teach indoctrination.

Indoctrination is the process of inculcating ideas, attitudes, cognitive strategies or a professional methodology (see doctrine).

It is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 15-5-2010 by In nothing we trust]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join