It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child saw a "man" in house today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
While my husband and I were still in bed, the kids got up this morning and were playing. When I got up, my 6 yo son told me " Mom, I saw a man in the house, but I went to look and he wasn't there". Of course I asked more about this mysterious man. Apparently he was in a fedora style hat with a long dark coat. He was seen walking in the direction from the bathroom to the kitchen. My son saw him walk across a doorway.

Now about 8 months ago in the middle of the night ,I woke up and saw a small cloaked and hooded figure in the hall. It was going in the same direction, from the bathroom to the kitchen. It only lasted a few seconds, if that.

Now I seconded guessed myself, got up and checked to see if it was one on the kids because the thing I saw was small in size. They were both asleep. I thought maybe it was but my mind playing tricks or whatever.

I know someone who has had some paranormal stuff happen to them and has since started a small amateur paranormal investigation group. They came out and did not find anything.

I just find it odd that the things we saw were within a few feet of each other, and going in the same direction, and one in a hat and long coat, and the other in a hooded cloak.
Another thing , My mother in law had just moved in when I saw the small cloaked thing. I saw it the night she had moved here. She left to go out of town for the 1st time last night. I wonder if seeing these things has something to do with her being here and then not being here.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I do not believe in "ghosts" myself, but I do have a friend that is very much into this sort of thing.

She would usually suggest that this sort of visitation might be associated with someone in the house, as opposed to the house being haunted.

It is possible that your mother-in-law has something to do with these figures. It might also be possible that these figures are "watching" the lady in question, and are not going to cause any harm.

Keep us updated.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
It probably has something to do with your mother in law. When my step dad stays here for a few days my dog can get spooked at times. Not always--the dog is friendly--but like children they sense attachments people themselves may not be aware of. If you have a pet I bet it would react to what both of you saw.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Very interesting post. First of all, two things come to mind

a. possible alien visitation scenario, and what you and the kids are remembering are screen memories, ie.. you recalling this "being" as being small in stature, yet with a cloak and cap, the child remembers a similarly dressed individual however size was not mentioned. Small grays have been said to invoke screen memories to eliminate would could otherwise be a horrific experience for some, in recalling the actual encounter.

b. the fact that you both saw this being/person walking in the same direction in the hall, or where have you, smacks of paranormal phenomenon, which very easily could be linked to your mother-in-law. Spirits have been known to be linked to certain individuals and or places or things. I would question her in regard to whether she's aware of this presence or not, or had any previous encounters.

In either case, I would treat the situation as if it were as normal has sunday dinner and not pay it too much attention, unless otherwise provoked. In the case of (A) there would be little, if anything, you could do, except to try to understand the situation better.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Well, this is not a surprise to me.

I have been researching paranormal phenomena for 20 years, and I can tell you that with almost certainty that what your child saw was a shadowcreature. I've had about four cases this year alone (I was working as a consultant for another group) where everybody saw the same thing: either a cloaked figure, or a figure in a Fedora and long black trench coat. In two of these cases, the family had problems arise from being exposed to these things.

I guess I have a few theories:

1) It could be related to your mother-in-law. I know of a few cases that I have not worked on personally where the paranormal phenomenon was centered around one person.

2) Your mother-in-law stirred something up in the house or is actively doing some sort of "occultist" type rituals.

3) These things have a great interest in her and like to follow her around.

If no harm has come to you or your family, I wouldn't worry too much. I've only seen about 3 extreme cases in the 15 years I've been actively doing research and hunts, and in these cases, these shadowcreatures attacked one or all of the members of the family at some time or another.

If you have the means, maybe set up a video camera in that hall for a few nights after your mother-in-law comes back home. I'd be interested in seeing if anything pops up. I can tell you from first hand experience that some just seem to be "passing through" while others are there to actively pursue and terrorize a family.

Please keep us updated, and U2U me if you have any questions or concerns.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

Funny how you mention fedora style hat with trench coat. I have a post on here talking about seeing the same thing when I was young. When I use to wake up in the middle of the night there was always a figure like that you explained, at my doorway. Then the more i focused in he started to disappear. Really strange. This had to of happened for about 6 months maybe. But still strange. I had to be around 3-5 at the time.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
HEY FREIND AS MUCH AS I DONT WANA SOUND COOKY

there are i guess you can call it a ghost i have one when i moved into my house i saw out of the corner of my eye a watery figure by my stove and passing out of the corner of my eye going by the door in the hallway.

as time passed the uneasy feeling passed also the ghost almost seemed uncomfortable having new people in the house and i suspect its the wife of the old man that rents us the upstairs. my girl always asks what im looking at from the living room now days she just tells our freinds thats .... watching his ghost

we are ok with our roomate ghost causes no greif and actually seems to like us i actually get a good feeling when i feel her presence

now that you think im crazy i wouldnt sweat your ghost unless it seems angry

Be Well

[edit on 8-5-2010 by triplescorpio]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Everybody including myself, will always be able to remember hallucinations from childhood. It's simply, a much more common occurrence in the smaller developing brain of a child. It's actually a proven chemical thing.

The fact you've seen something yourself is a little odd. But remember, visual hallucinations are still a real occurrence through your entire life, just not as often.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by YissakharMelech

Everybody including myself, will always be able to remember hallucinations from childhood. It's simply, a much more common occurrence in the smaller developing brain of a child. It's actually a proven chemical thing.

The fact you've seen something yourself is a little odd. But remember, visual hallucinations are still a real occurrence through your entire life, just not as often.

Well, unless a few hundred people are having the same exact hallucination, I doubt that it is a hallucination. I've been studying these things for years now, and they always appear the same ways every time. No offense to you, but I'm really tired of people automatically dismissing everything paranormal as a "hallucination." Isn't it possible that science doesn't know everything? Absolutely.

And I hope you don't take this as an attack on you, but with the bountiful number of posters to dismiss everything as a hallucination, I'd like to see the facts in writing from accredited medical journals/websites, and the like.

Anyhow, like I said, this isn't an attack on you, but rather getting a small rant off my chest.

/rant

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
As far as my 6yo goes, I really don't think it was a hallucination. When he was 2 he used to talk about strange occurrences, it led me to sometimes wonder if he had some sort of connection with another dimension. Isn't it a somewhat common belief that animals and little kids are more aware of things we as adults have just learned to ignore, or been conditioned to not notice? But this is the 1st time in a long time that he has said anything of the sort.

It very well may be connected with my mother in law somehow. she claims to be able to see things.. but then again, she is kinda.... crazy. So I tend to take most of what she says with a grain of salt.

I have heard of others (even my best friend) that have seen a shadow man with a hat and trench coat, but usually at night, in bed. This thing with my son happened in the morning about 9am.
Whatever it is, if anything, I hope it means no harm.
And that is a great idea to check and see if anything happened when my MIL comes back. Thanks y'all!

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Look up Hatman on google. I seen the same thing when I was young in a nightmare. He was walking across a field towards me and the feeling of terror was so intense.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

yeah i made a post about the same thing and i found out a lot of people have seen this.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
ive heard this hat man discussed many times, personally i think hes maybe a rogue shadow person.

shadow people are very annoying, and although ive never seen any with a hat, the experiences are similar to the hat dude. strange dreams, paralysis, glimpses in peripheral vision...(not your case but others ive heard)

somebody told me to surround myself with living things, so i started letting my dog sleep inside. which made me feel safer, but didnt make it happen any less (infact my dog would act strange and this would only confirm my fears).

then somebody told me that some plants ward off non-living things, so i moved my cannabis plants into the house, havent had a problem since. dont know if its connected but my friends parents said in their country cannabis has been used to ward off evil for ages.

although i wouldn't suggest using that plant unless you live somewhere where its legal like me. id rather get raided by shadow people than real people.

new topics

top topics

join