It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Texas: Reports of shots fired to US from across the border

page: 4
20
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by crichton13
 


sounds like you've had you're "Queens Pint" x3, time to call for a bobby.

edit for niceness.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by 1SawSomeThings]




posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
reply to post by sr_robert1
 


Trust me when I say I never go anywhere without my side arm

and because out here ranges can be pretty far out there your better off with a good 30-06 or 7 mm Mag... keep them past the 1000 yard mark and their pop gun AK's are useless... let them get in close and your in trouble


Kinda off topic here but that pistol looks much like the pistol Leon Kennedy uses in the game, "Resident Evil 4" or in the movie "Resident Evil: Degeneration".



posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
reply to post by sr_robert1
 


Trust me when I say I never go anywhere without my side arm

and because out here ranges can be pretty far out there your better off with a good 30-06 or 7 mm Mag... keep them past the 1000 yard mark and their pop gun AK's are useless... let them get in close and your in trouble


Ahhh good choice. The wife with mine:



And should things really get worse:



Overall my favorite for personal protection and reliability is my trusty Springfield XD-9:





In fact I love that gun so much, my next purchase will be the XD-45 ;-)



posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-
 


From your lips to God's ears. I'm not feeling real confident in the governor these days. Or John Cornyn about now, either.

(Please forgive me. I forgot your handle, poster above Blackout) Border, nothing. I have friends in DFW & Houston that think there isn't much difference.
But yeah. I imagine it's quite a culture shock if you aren't from a border state.



posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this, but this isn't some kind of crazy act of war or something. All of southwestern Texas is a war zone, and its been that way for a couple years now. Thank the war on drugs of course.



posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Calaustria
I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this, but this isn't some kind of crazy act of war or something. All of southwestern Texas is a war zone, and its been that way for a couple years now. Thank the war on drugs of course.


------------------------------------------

Exactly. (It has been more than a couple of years however as Daddy Bare mentions below) & DaddyBare very sorry to hear about your child.





[edit on 8-5-2010 by manta78]



posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Calaustria
 


Been going on a lot longer than a couple of years...
Around here it started twenty years ago with the some what famous
las cruces bowling ally massacre



posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.



posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
How can it be proven that the shots heard were fired AT america from mexico? Is it not possible that the shots were merely heard by Americans, but were aimed at persons in Mexico?
I would merely like to hear why it is instantly assumed that the shots fired were fired in the direction of texas, from over the border, rather than say , anywhere along the border in the direction of mexico? Or indeed from any where along the border, in any direction up and down the border? I mean did someone go looking for the bullets? I mean exactly what are we talking about here, because all I read , was that some shots were fired, and dudes on the border heard it.


If you know guns, and most Texas "roughnecks" (oil workers) know guns very well, you damned well know when someone is shooting at you versus someone just shooting. The bullets go "bang" as they pass (hopefully) you at supersonic speed and only then you hear the firing of the gun. When it's at a distance, mind you, as Brits say.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Aliensun]



posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DogsDogsDogs
reply to post by -Blackout-
 


From your lips to God's ears. I'm not feeling real confident in the governor these days. Or John Cornyn about now, either.

(Please forgive me. I forgot your handle, poster above Blackout) Border, nothing. I have friends in DFW & Houston that think there isn't much difference.
But yeah. I imagine it's quite a culture shock if you aren't from a border state.


A) I met Coryn once, boy was he a jerk.

B) I wouldn't go as far as to say that D/FW has the problems that towns a lot closer to the border have, but it is definitely coming. It is slowly creeping more and more north, so by this time next year, I would not be surprised for the drug related violence in D/FW to be similar to those towns closer to the border.



posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
reply to post by Blanca Rose
 


It is hefty... nice and solid... 40 S&W loaded with 156 gr Rem Golden Sabers...
You want a bit of weight in a hard hitting hand gun because it helps manage recoil, keeps you putting rounds downrange and on target...
it's not bad,,, you get use to it...you are right, its a shame we live in a world where we have to carry...



OH!

My Brother!

Not a truer word has ever been written on ATS!



posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Well with the thread on the antimatter containment vessel, I say we just load a couple antimatter shells in the old nuke gun. With the advent of the antimatter warheads, fall out would not be a problem.



I am just having a "little" fun here.




posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I am more and more in favor of turning the Southern border into a massive free fire training area for our armed forces.

Is it that difficult to apply for citizenship and come here legally? I find it even more hypocritical that Mexico and our own Federal Government condems the recently passed state law. This is another example of our Federal Government not reading bills they have passed, since the state adopted the FEderal Law with some minor tweaks.

As far as Mexico's objection.. Piss off! Your own immigration laws for your southern border are 10 times worse than ours. We are not saying dont come here. What we are saying is come here legally and go through the system like everyone else, just as you require on your own souther borders, and jsut as almost every other country requires.

I find it even more hypocritical that the World goes nuts when the U.S. makes a comment about a law in another country, yet we are expected to bend over backwards when another country has issues with our own intrnal laws.

More recently the U.N. has appointed Iran to the womens rights board...

The world has gone absolutely nuts.
Edited for lysdexia... err dyslexia..

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Xcathdra]



posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
This news is staggering . its the 1st time in ever that the mexico border has been subject to much truble in a hundred years. The last time the border had this much truble the union and confederate soliders took control of texas and all the west from mexico . But in the future if the border gets wild I would not be suprised the united states one day goes under a Isolated kind of boots on the ground sort of like the 1800s where soldiers help control the border .

[edit on 8-5-2010 by AndersonLee]



posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
So now the US want war against Mexico right?? did they know that in the US there is more than 50 million mexican, haha this is not a good move. It just pressure to extend Arizona law



posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
I am more and more in favor of turning the Southern border into a massive free fire training area for our armed forces.

Is it that difficult to apply for citizenship and come here legally? I find it even more hypocritical that Mexico and our own Federal Government condems the recently passed state law. This is another example of our Federal Government not reading bills they have passed, since the state adopted the FEderal Law with some minor tweaks.

As far as Mexico's objection.. Piss off! Your own immigration laws for your southern border are 10 times worse than ours. We are not saying dont come here. What we are saying is come here legally and go through the system like everyone else, just as you require on your own souther borders, and jsut as almost every other country requires.

I find it even more hypocritical that the World goes nuts when the U.S. makes a comment about a law in another country, yet we are expected to bend over backwards when another country has issues with our own intrnal laws.

More recently the U.N. has appointed Iran to the womens rights board...

The world has gone absolutely nuts.
Edited for lysdexia... err dyslexia..

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Xcathdra]


Look like the propaganda and the brainwashing is sucessfull right? Now war with Iran and Mexico?? its all about oil.

Did you know that Haiti has the biggest natural gas reserves in Latin America ? Check about the same fact in Iraq in Iran. So this is all about scarce resources wage war with the "colonies" as in the medieval times. But Rome fell never forget that.



posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by azrael36
reply to post by sr_robert1
 


Nice! Is that an SKS on a folding stock? Here's a link to a pic of some of my partners. I'm currently unable to upload to ATS due to being on a mobile. But here's a link to some of my "partners"
www.mocospace.com...

In response to the british gentleman, what would be the response if people were to show up on boats around the isle and start shooting? Surely the British govt would take some action to stop this from occuring.

~Edit To Add~
an AK is 7.62x39 which is NATO .308 put a scope on it or know how to shoot and you can reach out n touch someone if need be


[edit on 8-5-2010 by azrael36]
nice collection! Slight jealousy...lol! And to respond to your british inquiry, guns fired in the direction of the isles from ships? Well, my guess, as I'm american, like you, would be that brits would #1 call the bobbys, who will call someone with guns, then the royal navy may be put out to hunt. Which IMHO, are too many middle men to solve an immediate issue!

And yes for the guy doubting being able to roughly guess the direction of fire, it IS damn sure noticable in reference to being on the receiving end, standing along side, or sending fire. Like hearing car horns blowing in your neighborhood.



posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I think that they should have an all out war on drugs, maybe the border might get a little more peaceful. Also, ship all the aliens back to where they came from and we as a country can be somewhat whole again. The cup is runneth over here for the populace of illegal aliens.



posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe
 


gee, i never heard of such a thing. a nuclear gun that can shoot 3 miles away. I hope the muslims don't get a hold on that one. Just to see it in action is terrifying. I hope noone shoots that thing across the border.



posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Calaustria
I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this, but this isn't some kind of crazy act of war or something. All of southwestern Texas is a war zone, and its been that way for a couple years now. Thank the war on drugs of course.


Me being from San Diego, CA...I can affirm to this statement. YES it is a fact.



new topics

top topics



 
20
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join