It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas: Reports of shots fired to US from across the border

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I wonder if it has occurred to any of these people who are so empathetic to the poor downtrodden that, should any kind of situation break out inside the US or between the US & Mexico, HOW many millions of (often violent) Mexican nationals are inside and spread out all over the country again?
The protests are a wake up call ignored. This isn't academic. It is REAL. They've made their loyalties clear.

Maybe they might when it is their young child who is kidnapped from the mall or their friend/ family member is raped and/ or murdered. If you have no garage to park your car in at night, expect to have it stolen. If you paint your house or put up a new fence, expect to deal with graffiti within days- not weeks. Expect to be jolted out of bed in the middle of the night by glass breaking or the police helicopter flying low around your street because they're trying to find the person who just burglarized, raped or murdered someone a few blocks away AGAIN. We have security guards in our grocery store parking lots but they can't be everywhere at once. Here, you have to keep moving farther north into more expensive gated communities every few years just to try & stay ahead of them.
Even that's not a guarantee because you could find yourself with a neighbor who deals dope or runs illegals within days. Crime isn't something that happens to somebody else, it happens to YOU, your neighbor, a friend or a family member.
You think the mere THOUGHT is depressing? Try living with it 24/7 as "just a fact of life".

[edit on 8-5-2010 by DogsDogsDogs]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by azrael36
reply to post by Blanca Rose

IMHO guns and condoms are a lot alike. It's better to have one and not need it, than to need one and not have it.

That is very funny, but seriously, I think I'd hurt myself if I had to carry one of those around all the time. The gun, I mean!

I guess I'll have to find a sleek chic type model!

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

It is hefty... nice and solid... 40 S&W loaded with 156 gr Rem Golden Sabers...
You want a bit of weight in a hard hitting hand gun because it helps manage recoil, keeps you putting rounds downrange and on target...
it's not bad,,, you get use to it...you are right, its a shame we live in a world where we have to carry...

You know I'm not just another gun nut... I also happen to be the parent of a murdered child... perhaps if I had this gun on me then my son wouldn't have taken a 12 ga shotgun blast to his little chest...A mistake I will never make again I asure you

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by azrael36

the 7.62x39mm is no where close to a .308, its smaller. A good .308 would be a choice pick for the 1000m mark though.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by azrael36

Is this your collection? pretty cool, I dig the shorty on the left. If it had an extendable skeleton stock on it it would be minty.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

It is sad, but very much true, dont bash on the conceal carry civilian, or anyone else who carrys. If you have ever been in a scary life or death situation, or had a close friend, loved one, or family member in one, you would understand. H*ll I carry when im doing my dishes in the kitchen, but I got my reasons, and they are as good as any. What would you do while you, (and,or) your loved ones were being victimized with a weapon, and physical violence????? Tell me? what would you do? would you pick up a weapon if you could, and stop it? There are those who are victims, and those who refuse to be victims, and I'm pretty sure I know which person I am replying to here.......

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by gunshooter

It's not my intention to bash. I consider myself pretty lucky that I have never felt the need to carry a weapon, or keep one in my home. Pretty much, I am very klutzy, and I would probably trip and shoot myself. So, if anything, I am bashing myself.

I have lived in some pretty rough neighborhoods, and have had some very bad things happen to me, and yet, I have never considered having a weapon in the home, or on me.

I think it goes back to a saying like, "don't ever point a gun, unless you intend to use it." I'm one of those people who would probably hesitate, causing the person I am pointing it at to use the gun on me, instead, in a situation such as you describe.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I vote we fire a few rounds back.

See how they like it!

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by gunshooter

Yah that's some of my collection. The shorty is a yugoslovian M-92 pistol. Recoil is a little problematic but not too terrible. But ima a fairly big guy so... Maybe not the thing for a smaller shooter, but I got it bcuz I hadn't seen anything like it before

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Back to the op for a sec....perhaps there is just a little bit too much hype going on here....
If you carry it shut the f%^& up about it!Or yer really are running the risk of becomming the gun nut you claim you arent...
The real responsible gun owners dont shoot their bloomin yaps off 24 /7 about their decision...
They simply shoulder the responsibility and carry on....
I get a large pain in the butt reading all that gun worship caliber trash...
I prefer the wadcutters i like the way the hydroshocks create a wound channel etc etc till i could puke...
You actually sound about 15 yrs old and just about into pulling pud by now...
grow some common sense and just keep it to yourself...
PS i am not anti gun...just anti bragging about being armed and sick of hearing all about the devastating firepower yuou think (Some very mistakenly) you are packing....
If yu ever saw the results of your handiwork enacted on a human being you pulled the trigger on, you might be a little more respectfull of the
whole proposition and others lives...
Now i hear suggestions of placing minefields?
whats the matter with you people?
Hispanics are already of such numbers in america that they could have their own political party and do quite well......
Remember many many are americans with the same right to self defence as you...
By this i mean to say yer nobody special...

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
reply to post by LurkerMan

Kind of hard not to report this one...
the shoots ran off a full oil drilling crew... maybe as many as 20 men... hard to sweep that under a rug

I find it so infuriating. It should be obvious to anyone that we've had war declared on us by Mexico years ago. Now they're firing at us more than usual. We have all these troops over in the middle east while we are being attacked at home with no defenses. It reminds me kind like in Star Wars how the Jedi knights were spread out so that the younglings could be slaughtered.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by YourPopRock

+1

Let's have some 155mm howitzers lob a few shells over. Maybe if we wipe a few neighborhoods off the map they will get the hint and stop f--king with us.

www.odt.co.nz...
^ aught to be enough to get the message across ...

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Americans have been kidnapped in Mexico numerous times. In fact, quite a few have been tortured and held for ransom.

Not sure how This event is breaking news or how it's going to change anything.

It's a shame though.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by crichton13

may i ask what are you doing to do, whip out your billy club?? pfft

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I noticed one thing about the reported shooting. No mention of if it was a burst shot or single action. If it was single action shots yea maybe hunting. But if the oil workers heard a burst shot from a full or semi auto then I would wager it was a cartel or Mexican military. Since the media doesn't know enough to ask questions like that...

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Well that was enlightening...
you see I didn't think I could be a reactionary redneck...
I'm Native American, Apache to be exact...
From my point of View I don't care if your white black brown or glowing green! you threaten my family friends or country and we suddenly have issues....

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe that within 30 days of moving to any of the major border towns in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona or California, you would be heavily armed. It's easy to criticize, or do Monday morning quarterbacking from a distance. Perception and reality my friend, are very different when you are on the front line.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Washington wont do anything about it, but Texas will if it keeps up.

Old saying goes, there is a gun behind every blade of grass in Texas.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by -Blackout-]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by manta78

Perception and reality my friend, are very different when you are on the front line.

to hear someone from the US say this makes me smile

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join