It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas: Reports of shots fired to US from across the border

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Texas: Reports of shots fired to US from across the border

www.pro8news.com

The Webb County Sheriff's department has received several calls over the past two days of shots fired from Mexico, one crossing over to this side of the border.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
This rather short story goes on the say

The latest incident happened this morning.(5/7/2010)
A caller to our newsroom stated that there were crews at a ranch on Mines Road drilling for oil.
According to the caller, the crews have been hearing shots fired coming from the Mexican side, and have had to stop their work.
Deputies say they have gone to the place and secured the area with Border Patrol to make sure there is not any suspicious activity.
So far deputies say they have not heard or found anyone shooting from across the border.

Well once again there are reports of more shoots fired over the US Mexican border... Still waiting to see if Washington will do anything about it? or do we need a few more dead Americans before that happens?

www.pro8news.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
hah, at least they reported it this time.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by LurkerMan

Kind of hard not to report this one...
the shoots ran off a full oil drilling crew... maybe as many as 20 men... hard to sweep that under a rug

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
i think its time they start shooting back...

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
How can it be proven that the shots heard were fired AT america from mexico? Is it not possible that the shots were merely heard by Americans, but were aimed at persons in Mexico?
I would merely like to hear why it is instantly assumed that the shots fired were fired in the direction of texas, from over the border, rather than say , anywhere along the border in the direction of mexico? Or indeed from any where along the border, in any direction up and down the border? I mean did someone go looking for the bullets? I mean exactly what are we talking about here, because all I read , was that some shots were fired, and dudes on the border heard it.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I think you could trust an oil crew on that one...
if their not drilling their not getting paid...
they wouldnt just abandon their rig unless it was serrious...

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Of course you know, this means WAR!

~Groucho Marx

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

According to the caller, the crews have been hearing shots fired coming from the Mexican side, and have had to stop their work.

nobody said it was aimed AT them, but if your standing on one side of a line, and start hearing gunshots coming from the other side....you dont wait around to see which direction the bullets are flying...

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

No no , you misunderstand me. Im sure the riggers felt they needed to get out of there. But until a bullet is recovered and its trajectory confirmed , how the hell can anyone say exactly where it came from ?
Dont get me wrong, Im sure I would have got out of dodge as well if there were alot of weaponsfire happening in close earshot.
But I cannot understand how they can possibly confirm exactly where the shot was fired from, or indeed where the bullet ended up, just from hearing it!

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

where the bullets ended up isnt very easy to solve, but guns are loud and theres only 4 directions, so if you know which direction the border is (and this should be easy if your near it) then its pretty safe to say a gunshot coming from 'that' direction, is over the border.

unless guns are ventriloquists

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Hopefully something will be done about this. I'm surprised any media actually mentioned this. I just wonder when the common people - civilians - will do anything. You are not always guaranteed the chance to just leave or call in help. What if a whole crew of drug runners drove up on them. Then what? I also wonder if they were carrying any protection in the event this happened.

I would recommend one of these:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/99b1ef1040e1.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Do you think its possible that the US has not done anything because of the CIA/NSA, and FBI involvement with the drug trade and the cartels coming out of Mexico? Those syndicates STILL work with US intelligent agencies for the funding of their operations. I think this needs more attention.

WAY more attention. These organizations are SICK, and need to be dealt with by people of a more positive nature. The things they do to maintain their secrecy are disturbing and twisted.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by LurkerMan

This looks like a local news story, and that it has not hit news sources from around the country yet.

Sadly to say, if people started doing what you suggest, this news would be all over the place.

It might come down to people shooting back, if Obama does cut the border patrol budgets.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
yes this is a local news story... It's kind of like there's a national ban on border problems right now... nothing new there...

and to those who have never been shoot at trust me you know when it happens...
there's no mistaking the sound of a round as it flies past, kind of a sharp BU-UZZzzz as it passes... then you hear the rifle report... most high power rifle bullets fly faster then the speed of sound, you hear that bullet break the sound barrier...

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LurkerMan
i think its time they start shooting back...

Or mine all the trails, simple and easy.
Second verse same as the first.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

ALRIGHT!

Enough is enough

Obamao [I know how to spell his name] 2 things!

1. Gulf oil disaster!

2. Deal with the Mexican issue!

In the meantime I'll pay my taxes for now, do something with them.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sr_robert1

Trust me when I say I never go anywhere without my side arm
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1cd5de0374ec.jpg[/atsimg]
and because out here ranges can be pretty far out there your better off with a good 30-06 or 7 mm Mag... keep them past the 1000 yard mark and their pop gun AK's are useless... let them get in close and your in trouble

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Shots heard.....on a ranch...could be anything really. It could be hunters. Unless someone was literally getting shot at and it is confirmed that the shots came from the Mexico side of the border with the intent to injure/kill Americans, then I will call this a non-story.

As a Texan and an avid hunter, I have spent much time in the border areas of south Texas; including Webb County. you can hear gunshots any time of the day, any day of the week and any week of the year.

For all we know, it could have been American's firing across the border into Mexico.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sr_robert1

Nice! Is that an SKS on a folding stock? Here's a link to a pic of some of my partners. I'm currently unable to upload to ATS due to being on a mobile. But here's a link to some of my "partners"
www.mocospace.com...

In response to the british gentleman, what would be the response if people were to show up on boats around the isle and start shooting? Surely the British govt would take some action to stop this from occuring.

~Edit To Add~
an AK is 7.62x39 which is NATO .308 put a scope on it or know how to shoot and you can reach out n touch someone if need be

[edit on 8-5-2010 by azrael36]

<<   2  3  4 >>

join