It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleepwalking claimed by Colo. teen in killing case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
hosted.ap.org...

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) -- A psychiatrist testified that a Colorado teen was sleepwalking when he allegedly shot and killed his 9-year-old brother and wounded and stabbed his mother. Dr. John Hardy gave his testimony at an ongoing hearing to decide if Daniel Gudino, 14, of Colorado Springs will become one of the youngest people in the state to be charged as an adult with second-degree murder. Authorities say Gudino told police he shot his brother and mother in 2009 and later added in a recorded statement, "I was hoping it was just a nightmare." In the weeklong hearing that began Monday, Hardy testified that Daniel Gudino was sleepwalking when the shooting occurred.

Ok , so he picked the lock on on the cabinet with toothpicks in his sleep? Why do I find this hard to believe? Anyway its a sad story and a very odd defense.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I am not surprised at the defense that is being used. Other strange defenses that I have heard of:
His IQ is way too low to know the difference between right and wrong.
The Twinky defense
And the list goes on.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

Since when are bullets and scissors any kind of defense against a ghost?

Somebody needs to get this psychiatrist out of the business, because his explanation for a brutal murder is, well, crazy!

new topics

join