It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's ID this aircraft!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I've run out of patience so I'm initiating a world-wide hunt for anyone who can identify the insignia on the tail of this aircraft. The image has been blown up to the point that there is no more detail to see, but the colors remain useful. A dark blue field with some sort of light colored emblem, perhaps a shield of some kind, is what we are looking for. Obviously, this old piece of junk is not sporting the livery of United Airlines.

See image at: www.zippyimages.com/files/60923/911plane.jpg

The plane has been tentatively identified as an elderly refueling tanker.

During the first year of Chemtrail spraying (1999) many of us went to websites put up by Air Force and Air National Guard refueling squadrons to identify particular tankers from the photos on their sites. Within a short time, all these units were commanded to take down their websites, and submit sanitized material for a centrally controlled service-wide site and this resouce was lost.

One thing was clear at the time, nobody cared much about the appearance of the planes. They usually looked awful. However, unit crests or other insignia were usually painted on the tails. If you know anyone involved with military aviation, please send them this image, or the link to it:

www.zippyimages.com/files/60923/911plane.jpg

and if they feel they recognize it, please post back here with the info.

If they have a photo of aircraft with the likely insignia, they can post it free at www.zippyimages.com, and receive a link to it, as above.

[edit on 6-6-2004 by Strider]

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Look familiar? blue-impulse.hp.infoseek.co.jp... United Airlines. Your image: The image in my link above(reduced): No mystery here. [edit on 6-6-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Perhaps you should include some more detail about exactly WHAT we're looking at here.
The photo is United Airlines Flight 175 hitting the South tower of the WTC.

What program did you use to enlarge/sharpen the image?

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Skeptic Overlord has supplied a perfectly matching image - and I have to admit it looks exact. However, I've worked a lot with photography over the years, and I'm not comfortable with the UAL shield turning white in this type of under exposed image.

Seems to me there might be someone else with a white or almost white emblem.

Sorry for the caps - sorry I couldnt make the BBCode work.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Your source image doesn't have enough resolution. The UAL logo has a white keyline, and the sun was bright, so the logo will be very light from a distance. Also, since your source image has only 3-5 pixels actually making up the logo, it's not enough for any decision other than one that takes the entire aircraft into account. When you do that, it's a UAL jet. BTW: The image I found was on the first page of a Google image search on United Airlines search it [edit on 6-6-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
This is definitely a UAL jet. It is just the sun glare off the tail that makes it look white like that. What do you think it is Strider?

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Well, I have a haunting feeling that I saw an emblem like this when we were visiting all those tanker wing websites. I don't remember any with dark blue backgrounds, but my color-memory isn't that good. It's pretty much confined to "dark" and "light". I was just hoping to jog someone else's memory to see if there was a UAL alternative.

Added via edit:

There is one possibility I may be overlooking. If the UAL emblem is a decal, with a shiny surface over all, instead of being painted on, I can see how heightened reflection could create the white effect. Anybody know?

[edit on 6-6-2004 by Strider]

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I work on a tanker simulator and can tell you that the Air Force, currently, does not have any two engined tankers. Both the KC-135E & R variations have 4 engines. The other tanker, the KC-10 has two on the wings and a third mounted on the tail. While the Air Force is trying to obtain a 767 tanker, they are still in the talking stages and were a few years for an operational model. The 135 units that I get to deal with have no insignia that looks like that either, they have a unit flash (colors) at the top of the tail and a small flag with the plane number in the middle. There is no real mystery, just the final moments of an unfortunate event.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Thanks, Simtek

I appreciate the way you zeroed in the key differences. I also thought there should be an engine on the tail if this was a tanker. But, although I've put a lot of time into observation of the chemtrail mystery, I've always refrained from identifying aircraft types because I couldn't remember what makes them different from each other! Others apparently have no problem.

[edit on 7-6-2004 by Strider]

top topics

join