It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there one piece of evidence that changed your mind?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
The fact that dark forces really do run our world, and these are not humans as humans are just like you and i. Who is really in control of all these groups, and i think circumstantial evidence points me to believe that something is running this world, and its not humans.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
It was many things that came together gradually that turned me into a believer.

#1: The absolutely ridiculous cover stories put forth by the government ever since the Roswell crash. Swamp gas? Venus? Weather balloons? It's almost like they're saying it with a mock-serious tone, but all the time winking out of the corners of their eyes at the minority of free thinkers who aren't fooled for a minute.

#2: The mass of credible eyewitness testimony from military personnel, police, radar operators and especially the massed sightings like in Phoenix and Mexico city where they have enough video that they can triangulate the positions of the ET space craft.

#3: The mind-numbingly tedious, repetitive and strident voices of the naysayers. It doesn't sound like they are being logical at all, it seems as if they know it is all real deep down inside and are angry that there are so many people who see through the official story. They are a broken record that will never understand that you cannot shout down the truth.

#4: Pyramids, monoliths, Easter island, underwater ruins, everywhere. You cannot seriously expect anyone to believe that all of these ruins cropped up from a bunch of isolated civilizations, especially from people who in most cases has no metal tools, or at least no iron tools, no machinery, in many cases they didn't even have the wheel. How would we, with our modern technology move a 100 ton block of stone?

#5: Imagery on tombs and other structures depicting what is obviously technology such as aircraft, space craft and electrical apparatus. The people back then may not have had such things in the same manner as we do today, but they knew of them even if they didn't have a language that was sufficiently developed to describe them.

All these reasons came together about ten years ago and overwhelmed me. Don't bother telling me it's all bunk, because it just makes you look foolish.

Thanks to the OP for giving me a reason to say my piece.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by warpcrafter
It was many things that came together gradually that turned me into a believer.

#1: The absolutely ridiculous cover stories put forth by the government ever since the Roswell crash. Swamp gas? Venus? Weather balloons? It's almost like they're saying it with a mock-serious tone, but all the time winking out of the corners of their eyes at the minority of free thinkers who aren't fooled for a minute.

#2: The mass of credible eyewitness testimony from military personnel, police, radar operators and especially the massed sightings like in Phoenix and Mexico city where they have enough video that they can triangulate the positions of the ET space craft.

#3: The mind-numbingly tedious, repetitive and strident voices of the naysayers. It doesn't sound like they are being logical at all, it seems as if they know it is all real deep down inside and are angry that there are so many people who see through the official story. They are a broken record that will never understand that you cannot shout down the truth.

#4: Pyramids, monoliths, Easter island, underwater ruins, everywhere. You cannot seriously expect anyone to believe that all of these ruins cropped up from a bunch of isolated civilizations, especially from people who in most cases has no metal tools, or at least no iron tools, no machinery, in many cases they didn't even have the wheel. How would we, with our modern technology move a 100 ton block of stone?

#5: Imagery on tombs and other structures depicting what is obviously technology such as aircraft, space craft and electrical apparatus. The people back then may not have had such things in the same manner as we do today, but they knew of them even if they didn't have a language that was sufficiently developed to describe them.

All these reasons came together about ten years ago and overwhelmed me. Don't bother telling me it's all bunk, because it just makes you look foolish.

Thanks to the OP for giving me a reason to say my piece.

And out of all this we only need one piece of evidence to prove their existence. The only thing I disagree with is #4. I believe human history is a lot, lot older than we are lead to believe and that there may have been a global civilisation that had the skills and experience to work and move stone. Lets face they only had two materials to work with, wood and stone so they would have undoubtly become expert with both. That's my opinion anyway.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I believe there are forces and events going on where we are not aware of.

Aliens, Angels, the afterlife, UFO's, Ancient ruines on land and submerged, Good and Evil, the unimaginable size of the universe ( Not even mentioning the unimaginable size of our galaxy alone), Myth and folklore, Sciencefiction that has become reality, Lies and so on.

I said I believe but somehow when I was just a little child, I knew.( Not what it was )

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
first hand encounters, and what I have seen with my own two eyes in groups, and with my son....

Just seems silly, like I have said before, it would be like someone from an inland isolated country NOT believeing in whales, because they haven't seen one themsleves....

But then again I have seen whales also, lol...

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by markygee

Sounds like you and I are looking for the same thing. You're on the edge, ready to believe in the existence of alien life and that they have visited us, but the skeptic in you keeps you from making that last leap of faith. I'm the same way.

I asked the same questions when I came here and I've tried to ask the question you are asking when ATS has guest speakers. So far, the question has never been answered.

If you're on the edge, teetering as I am, then nothing short of your own encounter or official disclosure from the government is going to convince you. That's not a bad thing - it helps to keep folks like us honest about what we see in other people's testimony.

To me there are three incidents which have stood up to scrutiny:

1. The Wow! Signal, recorded by Big Ear in 1977.

2. The Paul Trent photos of an unknown object in McMinnville, Oregon in 1950.

www.ufologie.net...

3. The Battle of Los Angeles incident.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
reply to post by markygee

Sounds like you and I are looking for the same thing. You're on the edge, ready to believe in the existence of alien life and that they have visited us, but the skeptic in you keeps you from making that last leap of faith. I'm the same way.

I asked the same questions when I came here and I've tried to ask the question you are asking when ATS has guest speakers. So far, the question has never been answered.

If you're on the edge, teetering as I am, then nothing short of your own encounter or official disclosure from the government is going to convince you. That's not a bad thing - it helps to keep folks like us honest about what we see in other people's testimony.

To me there are three incidents which have stood up to scrutiny:

1. The Wow! Signal, recorded by Big Ear in 1977.

2. The Paul Trent photos of an unknown object in McMinnville, Oregon in 1950.

www.ufologie.net...

3. The Battle of Los Angeles incident.

en.wikipedia.org...

Your absolutley right! so far common sense has stopped me from outright believing everything I read and see and hear. Mind you I have the NASA transmissions video from that canadian guy, I got it about 12 years ago and that was pretty amazing. It's not been debunked recently has it?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join