It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there one piece of evidence that changed your mind?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I was wondering and this thread is for the believers only I guess, but is there one piece of significant evidence that lead to you all being a convert to the theory that extra terestial life, ufo visitation and govt involvment and cover up that lead to you having that "Ureka" moment where you thought, "this is enough for me now I believe". If so what was it?
Or is it a culmination of evidence, lack of explanation from official sources that lead to your belief?

For me it is the amount of material and info on the net that has started to lead me to the believers side of the fence and the old saying if 99.9% is explainable then what is the unexplained 0.1%? But i'm interested in the single, "one thing" piece of evidence that converted you if any of you have had that?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
It is the things i have seen that affected me the most,peoples words are one thing but to witness a ufo or several is very awe inspiring.thankyou for your time.

regards to all

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
When I saw what I thought was the impossible, possible.

Nothing like believing it when you see it(with your own eyes).

Edit. Cg

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Common Good]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Probably the fact that the goverments claimed that UFO's do not exist, yet have lots of highly classified/top secret documents/information to prove it. Yet won't release the files due to fact that national secrurity is at stake. Yeah..............just think about it!

Oh and that was before i was contacted.

Much Love

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by markygee

Same here.
Its not so much the alleged evidence, but the probibility.

But I dont think any sceptic would believe Alien life until E.T. Actually punches them in the face!

Although... I must admit I seen a UFO once... But after looking at picture after picture, I found that it looked like a UAV Drone.
But that raises the question, what was it doing flying over my quiet village?
I doubt it was doing a dry landing on Pendine sands (bombers practise rolling landings on the beach there to simulate desert landings.)
And why wasnt it making a sound??
Do these things have silent engines??!
Thats why im sortta on the fence about what I seen.

Edit - spelling......

[edit on 8/5/10 by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
No actual proof unless you count personal instinct and logic as proof... It's really all I need anyways... So to answer your question... If it can happen here on this world (life) it can happen out there. Simple as that.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire

from my experience the unmanned drones have a very distinct sound and somewhat loud engine.

as for what made me believe, id say it was a combination of whistle blowers, documents, and the obvious lights myself and others have seen in the sky.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Yes,
The soho movie theater
Lasco c2 and c3
Between 20100503 and 20100508 watch the video then you decide.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
i met my dream girl. literally that clinched everything for me

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
1. The photo of the colour calibration on the martian lander where the blue swatch was blue.........which means blue can be blue on mars contrary to the bulls-it explanations of the anti conspiracy defenders. You then look at the panoramic view which "accidentally" captured the colour calibration and the blue swatch is magenta!!!! Aha caught. Somebody has doctored the colours to eliminate blue. They also forgot that the tape around the white cables should be blue not magenta!

Mars is no redder than the Arizona desert (which has a blue sky!).

2. I suddenly remembered my laws of physics and this means that any upwards force on the moon will result in a distance travelled six times higher than earth. This includes jumping astronauts (who can fake) and, ready for this : dust from the wheels of the rover. Oops caught the dust is no higher than on earth.

3. Laws of physics again. Measure the size of the lunar module, time how long (using frame counts) it takes to travel any distance, your choice! Then calculate the g force......oops crushed astronaut and all without any exhaust plumes (there should be some from the oxygen,hydrogen mix)

4. Derren Brown and spiritualism. Watch and be amazed.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I've seen (with friends) two UFOs that defy conventional explanation. The first was whilst watching a satellite or Mir space station passing overhead. It was a clear night sky and starry. The object we were watching passed something else that was moving. This other light moved in a repetitive, clockwise triangular pattern. We watched it for a few minutes and swore a lot. Wtf!? etc. After a while, it continued to keep the triangular motion in the same area of the sky and we moved on. Our perception was that the object was extremely high up. The triangular pattern was smaller than your thumbnail if you hold it at arms length away.

The second one was a red light that zig zagged across the skies of southern England a few years ago. Clear skies again. It was silent and went from horizon to horizon, across the English Channel towards mainland Europe in under 4 seconds. There were a few of us that saw that one and again we swore a lot.

Neither of these sightings have convinced me of ET visits. What they have done...is made me more accepting when people claim to see things that don't make sense. I'm certain that the red light wasn't anything made by us. Maybe it was a meteorite somehow bouncing inside the atmosphere? I've no idea!

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I saw a triangle UFO with my brother and my best friend. I saw lights on the corners that were fairly far apart, bigger than any plane unless it was very very low. After I told the others we watched the lights for about three or four minutes, staying in the same place and winking in succesion around the perimeter of the object. The lights then all came on at once and it zoomed off across the sky at a terrific pace, barely seeming to take any time to accelerate.

I didn't dwell on it too much as my brother and friend sort of laughed it off, but then read Timothy Goods book "Above Top Secret" and saw how much evcidence there was out there. I became convinced that what I saw wasn't simply an optical illusion or anything and everything science has said over the intervening years about how many stars are out there, how many of these stars are likely to have planets orbiting them and how ubiquitous life is on this planet of ours has only confirmed my beliefs. There's virtually nowhere you find water where you don't find life. The same must be true on other worlds.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by markygee
I was wondering and this thread is for the believers only I guess, but is there one piece of significant evidence that lead to you all being a convert to the theory that extra terestial life, ufo visitation and govt involvment and cover up that lead to you having that "Ureka" moment where you thought, "this is enough for me now I believe". If so what was it?
Or is it a culmination of evidence, lack of explanation from official sources that lead to your belief?

For me it is the amount of material and info on the net that has started to lead me to the believers side of the fence and the old saying if 99.9% is explainable then what is the unexplained 0.1%? But i'm interested in the single, "one thing" piece of evidence that converted you if any of you have had that?

Best evidence that converted me is .......MEGALITHS. No man-made machine could pull or lift 100+ tons of rock. Not even pullies or rope could do the trick. They would break just trying to pull it.

Megaliths I am talking about are the temples of baalbeck, Giza Pyramids, sphinx, stone henge, etc.

but somehow I have a feeling some skeptic would counter-attack my findings. I say bring it.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

Best evidence that converted me is .......MEGALITHS. No man-made machine could pull or lift 100+ tons of rock. Not even pullies or rope could do the trick. They would break just trying to pull it.

You need better evidence. Not only did the Egyptians carve and move enormous obelisks without the aid of aliens, the Romans carted them off to Rome in around 37AD. The heaviest of them weighs an estimated 455 tons...Lateran Obelisk.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
For me it was when major news started bringing up the talk of aliens. For example when Steven Hawking made those statements about dangerous alien life. It just seems fishy that so many major news sources are starting to talk about aliens now. You know?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The first experience seeing a pair of white type ufo orbs in Derbyshire Peak District in 1993 changed my mind. Many more experiences since but that's the one that changed my mind.

Before this I thought ufos were a bit of a laugh. Never liked all that sci fi stuff as a kid.

Seeing is believing.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I'm not a believer, so I'm crashing the party to give a different perspective.

I used to be a believer but the skeptical outlook was always there. Every case, every witness and every claim was to be approached with skepticism. There was no pivotal moment that transformed me from believer to skeptic, it was a gradual process.

Much in this field seems to be lies built on lies, and perhaps that was the most prominent force driving the change. I became fed up over being lied to by UFO experts and disgusted by those who willingly accept the lie as long as it supported their beliefs.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I believe something is taking place and has been taking place for a very long time. What that something is requires a lot more investigation and research and transparency by governments who still have locked away a massive array of classified documentation and information.

What changed me from someone who once laughed at these sorts of things are the objects that I have observed while flying. Not once but twice I have seen unexplained aerial phenomenon that I have been able to confirm with other pilots back on the ground and with ground observers in the area where these objects were seen. Objects which defied traditional aircraft capabilities, size, shape and flight characteristics.

I never ever fly without my camera now, it's always with me on every trip.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53

Originally posted by markygee

Megaliths I am talking about are the temples of baalbeck, Giza Pyramids, sphinx, stone henge, etc.

but somehow I have a feeling some skeptic would counter-attack my findings. I say bring it.

Actually I have a different opinion on ancient buildings once I saw this

www.youtube.com...

If anything aliens tampered with our developing abilities because they don't want to share the universe with us but humans once built with tech they've now lost.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
3 for me really.

1) My personal experience that ive posted
2) The Bentwaters case
3) The book Disclosure by Greer.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join