It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you seen a dog headed man?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyFever
Are you people serious? If you haven't seen it with your own eyes, it's just a story. And a picture would be nice.....

LOL, are you serious? You mean you think that everything you see is real?

Pictures are a dime a dozen.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
First off I would like to say it's nice to see so many if you actualy contributing to this topic in a grown up manner. I posted a thread about an experience I had with a 'creature' and now I've sort of abandoned it to a flame war, which is what I expected to see here.

My first thought was Anubis, his head is actualy a Jackel, not a dog, but of course, very simlar things. It is possible it is a Djinn or Skinwalker, but they could be beings from a paralel universe that have slipped into ours somehow or even from our future, or indeed, an experiment carried out by aliens. Lots of people keep dogs as pets, so aliens could easily harvest their DNA, along with ours, to create a hybrid clone.

I'm in the UK too, near Nottingham, so I'm intregued to hear of this so close to home! Also, a WWII connection isn't completly impossible, Nazi scientists were up to allsorts of obscure, sick antics, and the SS used German Sheperds to guard and terrorise the prisoners in camps. It only sounds reasonable some sicko like Mengele might have tried to combine the strength & agility of these animals, with the body of a man to create some sort of 'super soldier'. Hitler was obsessed with war, and gaining an advantage over his adversaries with whatever he could get his hands on would have been his top priority.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by The Chez]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
First off I would like to say it's nice to see so many if you actualy
contributing to this topic in a grown up manner. I posted a thread
about an experience I had with a 'creature' and now I've sort of
abandoned it to a flame war, which is what I expected to see here.

A grown up manner??
A guy walks passed with a dog-shaped head and the first thing one
does is contemplate Anubis?!! It couldn't be a guy having a prank at
another's expense in a rubber mask?
It couldn't be something so remote, that the people around you see
that your ideas are... (and I admire it, by the way)... more human-
aspirational and decide to play on your wants and yearnings?

No... it's the rubbing of shoulders of two universes!!!!

... My first thought was Anubis, his head is actualy a Jackel, not a dog
but of course, very simlar things. It is possible it is a Djinn or Skinwalker,
but they could be beings from a paralel universe that have slipped into ours
somehow or even from our future, or indeed, an experiment carried out by
aliens.

That's a helluva leap there, Sir.

... Lots of people keep dogs as pets, so aliens could easily harvest their
DNA along with ours, to create a hybrid clone...

Easily...? Canines has been around longer than us, if Fred the Gray wanted
a mutt's DNA... (because getting DNA is easy for aliens... it's a given)...
he'd have mixed it with ours to make an oddity that would have give away
Fred the alien's presence, and made a dog-headed man!!!

... I'm in the UK too, near Nottingham, so I'm intregued to hear of this
so close to home! Also, a WWII connection isn't completly impossible, Nazi
scientists were up to allsorts of obscure, sick antics, and the SS used
German Sheperds to guard and terrorise the prisoners in camps. It only
sounds reasonable some sicko like Mengele might have tried to combine the
strength & agility of these animals, with the body of a man to create some
sort of 'super soldier'...

I'm sorry if you think I'm ripping in to you, but I think you may have to go
back and check out the history of the Second World War.
Some of things that certain members of of the Nazi system did, were
in-human and those terrible things to their fellow humans, I believe, should
never be forgot or forgiven.

But this isn't 'Hellboy' here... the leap from some of the sick medical tests...
(which no human could condone, however advanced medical proceedures)
... to creating 'Super Soldier Rottweilers, is a little too far in my opinion.

... Hitler was obsessed with war, and gaining an advantage over his adversaries with whatever he could get his hands on would have been his top priority

By making a troop of dog-headed men... (which no record exists that he
did!)... doesn't mean that they could fire a rifle, fly a plane or drive a tank
any better than one of his grunts already in the front line!

I'm sorry, this is a bit of a stretch.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by A boy in a dress]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress
First off I would like to say it's nice to see so many if you actualy
contributing to this topic in a grown up manner. I posted a thread
about an experience I had with a 'creature' and now I've sort of
abandoned it to a flame war, which is what I expected to see here.

A grown up manner??
It couldn't be something so remote, that the people around you see
that your ideas are... (and I admire it, by the way)... more human-
aspirational and decide to play on your wants and yearnings?

No... it's the rubbing of shoulders of two universes!!!!

... My first thought was Anubis, his head is actualy a Jackel, not a dog
but of course, very simlar things. It is possible it is a Djinn or Skinwalker,
but they could be beings from a paralel universe that have slipped into ours
somehow or even from our future, or indeed, an experiment carried out by
aliens.

That's a helluva leap there, Sir.

... Lots of people keep dogs as pets, so aliens could easily harvest their
DNA along with ours, to create a hybrid clone...

Easily...? Canines has been around longer than us, if Fred the Gray wanted
a mutt's DNA... (because getting DNA is easy for aliens... it's a given)...
he'd have mixed it with ours to make an oddity that would have give away
Fred the alien's presence, and made a dog-headed man!!!

... I'm in the UK too, near Nottingham, so I'm intregued to hear of this
so close to home! Also, a WWII connection isn't completly impossible, Nazi
scientists were up to allsorts of obscure, sick antics, and the SS used
German Sheperds to guard and terrorise the prisoners in camps. It only
sounds reasonable some sicko like Mengele might have tried to combine the
strength & agility of these animals, with the body of a man to create some
sort of 'super soldier'...

I'm sorry if you think I'm ripping in to you, but I think you may have to go
back and check out the history of the Second World War.
Some of things that certain members of of the Nazi system did, were
in-human and those terrible things to their fellow humans, I believe, should
never be forgot or forgiven.

But this isn't 'Hellboy' here... the leap from some of the sick medical tests...
(which no human could condone, however advanced medical proceedures)
... to creating 'Super Soldier Rottweilers, is a little too far in my opinion.

... Hitler was obsessed with war, and gaining an advantage over his adversaries with whatever he could get his hands on would have been his top priority

By making a troop of dog-headed men... (which no record exists that he
did!)... doesn't mean that they could fire a rifle, fly a plane or drive a tank
any better than one of his grunts already in the front line!

I'm sorry, this is a bit of a stretch.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by A boy in a dress]

Nope I do not think you're having a dig at me at all, you just contributed some actual thoughts to the topic, everyone is allowed an opinion. There is a big difference between your contribution to this thread, and being a wannabe mod.

For the record I do not condone anything the Nazis did, they murdered some of my ancestors. All I know is they were one hell of a very evil machine, and I would not have put it past them to attempt the impossible in the name of power & wealth.

Perhaps these dog headed people are nothing more than a prankster in a mask, or someone carrying a dog at night, that could look a bit weird. Who knows? Maybe they're aliens with the ability to turn into animals, or resemble them, even that sounds more rational than some of my ideas I suppose!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Canines has been around longer than us

As no one seems to be able to definitely prove the age of modern man I think you maybe making a leap yourself there sir/madam. As The Chez was discussing dogs, as opposed to wolves, then I think we can safely assume we have been around longer than they, unless you want to assert poodles evolved from wolves with no human intervention.

We have explored the possibility it may have been a prank but I'm of the opinion that if the perpetrator managed to pull off convincing my friend using a rubber/ paper mache mask it would have been an expensive prank to have pulled considering it was the only sighting I have heard of in the area. Also please research a little more and you will find that history is rife with these little known creatures. There have also been numerous sightings in modern times in industrial cities in the UK. I would imagine if you went to the trouble of playing a joke you would want a little more publicity than has been given to these encounters.

Some of things that certain members of of the Nazi system did...

You never finished your point but I think you meant to finish by saying we know everything the Nazis were trying to achieve in their scientific experiments. With respect, having met many people with more informed opinions than yours, we may never know of what the Nazis were working on. However those governments that received many of the scientists from Nazi Germany may have an idea. I refer you to the thread I started regarding a Nazi Occult Tale.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 28-6-2010 by SOXMIS]

[edit on 28-6-2010 by SOXMIS]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
all i'll say is follow the link in my signature. some stuff there may seem like too much, but on the other hand... it would explain a lot, not only in case of this thread.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
this dog-headed man might be related to this guy.

Horse boy has reportedly been spotted in the real world as far away as Germany and Norway, according to Beeb readers. In which case, the old timer responsible must be capable of a bit of a gallop, despite his apparently advanced years.

The Register

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SOXMIS

You're right and I'm sorry... I stand corrected and can see now,
how this could be an appearance of a dog-headed man.

I must research this more.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by A boy in a dress]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by sallamy

I remember my cousin and his wife encountered such a creature when they were traveling by car and had to cross some kind of a dessert. they were stopped by a women who wanted a lift. When she got in the car they sow that she had hoofs instead of normal human being legs they were scared out of their minds but couldn't do anything but take her to her distention.

I feel like I am sitting around a campfire and you guys are trying to freak me out lol

That stuff is just nuts! Hooves!

Did you ask her, "Ma'am I have something to say. Baaaah" ?

If that story is true, I wonder how she would have reacted to such a comment....I would not dare try that though. I'd probably have a heart attack.

I wuld of just asked 'what's with the hooves?"

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by GoneGrey

the first grand master of shao-lin looked just like that, he had the same condition as Jo-jo , and looked like a wookie

There's supposed to be a dog-headed woman that appears some nights around whee I live, in one of the feilds, I haveb't checked it out yet myself but planning on it once the weather cools down a little

[edit on 7-7-2010 by Gren]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
This following from TrickyTricky (p.3) reminded me of something:

I had never heard of a dog-head man before this thread, and especially that the DHM resembled an Alsatian.

It reminded me of the following account:

This was the basis of the following thread (—though the link to the OP photo is broken):

Demon dog in photograph

I find this quite disturbing (even though the experience is said to have changed the guy's life). Here's a still:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/25685f1383ff.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6db909b35722.jpg[/atsimg]The prpblem i have with dogheaded people is when they cock their legs to pee....then there is that whole chasing the car thing...and CATS, what use are they?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SOXMIS

Well, I've seen some chicks that looked like dogs, but I doubt that's what you're looking for in this thread.

Carry on!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LocoHombre
reply to post by muzzleflash

no i am not messing with you. this is a legend that has been passed down from generation to generation. idk why they want a ride, but they ask people for them a lot. ugh im shaking

I have an idea why they might ask for a ride, because it's really fun to mess with humans...

At least that's why I would do that sort of thing

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I've read this tread and i find it fascinating,in Serbian mythology psoglav (literal translation is,you guessed it dog head) was a creature,with a head of a dog,human body and horse feet.Somewhere in the posts on this tread someone mentioned a girl with hooves instead of feet.What came to mind when i begin reading this tread is "The Wolfen" by Whitley Strieber,it's one of the scariest books I've read(and i read A LOT of horror,actually that's all i read) about a race of beings intelligent as human,but physically superior,they are not werewolves but are descended from wolves.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Hmm... I vaguely remember a dream I had when I was young... Of course, it never actually happened in real life, but this thread reminded me of it.

In this dream, I was on a 'field trip' with my Kindergarten class. We were walking, not riding a bus, to some marine zoo. On the way there, I noticed a man standing up in a suit with dog-like paws and a dog-like face. He was propped up against a tree, reading a newspaper, and it looked like he winked at me. I was really scared, and I remember waking up right after this happened...

I was wondering if this dream has any significance or was it just something random my mind had procured?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
These dog faced people are intresting but it triggers bells in my head that remind me of a donkey woman, no she is not from Red Dead Redemption.

I know this is a stab in the dark but has anyone read about that woman who appears at a crossroad and chases cars?

Mabye, just mabye, cross roads have something to do with the creatures chasing cars?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Sounds a lot like a group of creatures based in many areas of the world's folklore.

In the Inuit culture these beings are known as The Adlet. they were described as half wolf half man that would stalk villages and then voraciously drink the blood of it's inhabitants while they slept in turn, transforming them into The Adlet's kin.

I however haven't delved into the folklore of Europe just for the fact that it's so vast, I only know bits a pieces of the folklore of Europe.

but the closest I could get the the UK is a creature from the folklore and traditions of Greenland which referred to a Dog headed man called The Erqigdlit (err-quig-duh-lit) which shares similarities in the nature of The Adlet. And both are described as voracious angry spirits of men reincarnated into vengeful bloodthirsty monsters.

so just based off of folklore, I'd say you have a derivation of The Adlet. In which case your friend is one lucky chap.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Lincolns_Avenger]

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Got the name of the shaolin monk, T'ai Djin:

www.usadojo.com...

he had hyperthrihos and was abandoned by his parents, amd raised by monks

and looked like Chewbacca
edit on 9-11-2010 by Gren because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sallamy

they dont just go away, you have to ask for protection from god. if you dont they will kill you.
the hoof animal is actually a drakonian, part bat, human and goat they have wings and are able to fly and some call them the moth man. extremely dangerious. This is where the dracula or vampire myths come from because they can shape shift. i have seen these creatures thru astral travel and sleep. They are extremely evil.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join