It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you seen a dog headed man?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I have been lurking on this site for a bit now. However, reading this post made me finally join because I got a little freaked out.

About 18 months ago, i had a dream that my doorbell was ringing (but i felt I could really hear it), and when (dreaming) I got up to answer the door a man was standing on my front step. He was an average build man from the neck down and he was wearing dark clothes. It was his face that still sticks in my mind - the shape of his face was distinctly dog-like, and his eyes looked exactly like that of a german shepherd dog. They were all black, and lined with a dark line of fur.

I have never forgotten this dream, the face was one of the scariest things i have ever seen. The funny thing is, until this moment, I never realized that anyone else had ever even seen this thing. I had never heard of a dog-head man before this thread, and especially that the DHM resembled an Alsatian. I didn't know what an Alsatian was either, so i approximated the man from my dream was German Shepherd-ish. This is a little too close for comfort.

::shudders:

[edit on 14-5-2010 by TrickyTicky]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I hope this isn't considered necroing, but this thread really captured my interest. I don't have any of my own stories or dreams to share...sadly....

What do people thing the DGM are? I am honestly clueless. Could it just be a common mental thing people experience? There's so much evidence of it worldwide...however the same can be said about many things. Personally, I'm not sure.

Werewolves? I don't think they would be because werewolves are generally human or wolves, right? Unless it was transforming each time one is sighted.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I can think of one possibility. If these dogmen do exist, there is an animal known to science that fits the description. They are supposed to be extinct, so either the shadow Gov. is cloning them or they aren't extinct. The animal is a Shasta Ground Sloth. They were supposed to able to walk on 2 or 4 feet.

www.tarpits.org...

www.examiner.com... (footprint looks like a match to me)

[edit on 13-6-2010 by Sargoth]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
He is not alone. I found this old article supposedly from the New York Post.

It is in adobe format so you have to click to see the full article.

There are more things on Earth then we can possibly know.

query.nytimes.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Have dreamt of seeing my own dog with a human body.

that was just freaky.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by sallamy
I don't believe in group hallucinations. That's impossible imo.

Off subject a tad, but this is why I feel like mass UFO sightings need more research done than they normally get. The Phoenix lights case comes to mind among many many others.

[edit on 13-6-2010 by -Blackout-]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Not to make light of your original post, but just last week my sister acquired a puppy and sent me a photo of it. As soon as I saw the photo, it reminded me of the circus freak from days of yore known as Jo-Jo The Dog Faced Boy. I created a side-by-side image of her puppy and Jo-Jo and sent it to her so that she could see the resemblance for herself. Here it is for your benefit:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fb2236c24a84.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SOXMIS

it means there are dog headed men.

yeah; sorry. i dunno - von daniken thinks they are likely to be human animal hybrid experiments created by aliens. see mermaid legends (which exist i believe, based on worldwide sightings) human fish; sphinx: human lion; satyr: human goat; sphinx: human snake; medusa: human snakes; pegasus: horse bird; unicorn: lion (tail) horse and something with cloven hoofs and who knows where they got the horn from (?); siren: human bird; many headed dog that guards the underworld (multiple dogs and fish - it had a fish tail). clearly aliens suffer from boredom too..

either that or it could be a shapeshifting alien entity (werewolf type thing) or creature that can shift into any animal form it likes that ended up with a dog head at that point in the shift???

dunno. but i think its one of those options...

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Mmm I have just seen this , now this will sound wierd , but I have a friend (artist/musician ) in a band who all dress with dog heads in suits , they lived in B'ham ? I wonder...tis a small world

P.s just wondering if soxmis refers to something in germany i may be aware of?

[edit on 13-6-2010 by gambon]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Hi gambon,

interesting, do you know what time period your friends band were playing in Brum? Were they in the habit of walking around in costume in parks late at night. It could be an explanation for Dave's sighting but I pressed him on the idea it may have been a costume mask of some sort and he was adamant it was not. It wouldn't explain the other modern urban sightings or the cultural history they seem to have. I have considered the Barnum circus freak angle too but as these folk are just very hairy humans it doesn't cover the long snout our DHM had. Still thanks for your input and everyone elses, it has been fun reading them all.

p.s. Yes SOXMIS does refer to something you knew in Germany, you may be interested in another thread I started regarding Nazi occultism, I'm sorry I can't link it for you as I have seemed to have lost it but if you find it please let me have it!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Apparantly there is some weird WOII connection

Secrets of the Third Reich Jagerhunds

Review West Wind Productions recently expanded their Secrets of the Third Reich range with three new Jagerhund miniatures.
The 28 mm sized figures are part man and part dog with a focus on German dog breeds. Think of them as Weredogs instead of Werewolves. West Wind was kind enough to send along one of each of the three miniatures; the Jagerhund Rottweiler, Jagerhund Alsatian and the Jagerhund Doberman. Each of these miniatures is available from the West Wind Productions online store for £4.00 each and there will be rules for using them in West Wind’s upcoming Secrets of the Third Reich ruleset. All three of the miniatures are single piece castings with an integrated tabs to be used with a slotta base. They are approximately 40mm from the base of their feet to the tops of their heads. Each of the miniatures that we received had no flash and almost no mould lines. The prep work needed to get these ready for priming was negligible. While the figures are part of West Wind’s Weird WWII range there is nothing about them specific to the WWII period and so you could use these figures for almost any Pulp or Horror gaming you may be interested in. The Doberman would work especially well in an Egyptian themed Pulp game. All three are similarly attired in ripped pants with bare chests and feet. Each is also posed similarly with clenched fists. Jagerhund Doberman front Jagerhund Doberman back Jagerhund Doberman Of the three miniatures, the Jagerhund Doberman most closely resembles the dog from which it is modeled on. It is a tough task to be sure since we get so many visual clues to a dog’s breed from physical characteristics that aren’t present in these miniatures due to the hybrid nature of the beats. The Jagerhund Doberman’s ears and snout are a good representation on the real dog though. The Jagerhund Rottweiler resembles a slightly older and fatter dog, at least the head does, but it is still noticeably a Rottweiler. The ears are slightly flat against its head so from the front it is difficult to make out that it is meant to be a dog but from other angles the resemblance is quite strong. The Jagerhund Alsatian though looks far more like a Werewolf than a German Shepherd. The fur on the muzzle isn’t correct and the head is the wrong shape. Jagerhund Rottweiler front Jagerhund Rottweiler back Jagerhund Rottweiler The Jagerhund Rottweiler has the most interesting pose of the three. The dog’s head is back and its mouth open wide in a challenging howl, its arms are tensed at its side. The anger demonstrated by the sculpt is emphasized by the enlarged veins that work across the Jagerhund’s chest and arms. Its fitting that the Rottweiler gets this pose given its reputation and the miniature does a good job at portraying raw aggression and anger. The Jagerhund Doberman is posed looking off to its right with its right arm extend in the direction of its gaze. The clenched fist of its right hand doesn’t look quite right. The Jagerhunds all have human looking hands with fingers and it is curious that West Wind didn’t pick this miniature to show those fingers by having the Jagerhund Doberman pointing or gesturing with something other than a clenched fist. Both the Doberman and the Rottweiler have curved dog-like legs, the Doberman moreso than the Rottweiler. The Alsatian has more human looking legs with more extensive fur on them. Both the Rottweiler and the Doberman have very prominent and well defined musculature. The Alsatian has more fur modeled on the figure and so some of that definition is “lost” under the fur meaning the Alsatian looks less defined when compared to the other two Jagerhunds. Jagerhund Alsatian front Jagerhund Alsatian back Jagerhund Alsatian When taken together it almost looks as if the Alsatian was sculpted prior to the other two models and was the inspiration for them. The Doberman and Rottweiler are more dog-l

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
early 90s on really, I think they did/still do live art shows as well , sort of wierd installations , etc

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
A word to the wise... Kings Norton is not too far away
from Chipping Norton and The Rollright Stones, I'll gamble
that's the connection.

A liitle-known yarn is that The Stones can be used in
a similar manner as what supposedly was happening
at The Skinwalker Ranch in the States.

The standing stones can open a portal, it's said and has
been reported 'men-dogs' have been seen... that's the
story of the American ranch.

Whether this has occurred here, I don't know.
Here's the stones in question.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/25810fb69303.jpg[/atsimg]

Great thread.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by A boy in a dress]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress
A word to the wise... Kings Norton is not too far away
from Chipping Norton and The Rollright Stones, I'll gamble
that's the connection.

A liitle-known yarn is that The Stones can be used in
a similar manner as what supposedly was happening
at The Skinwalker Ranch in the States.

The standing stones can open a portal, it's said and has
been reported 'men-dogs' have been seen... that's the
story of the American ranch.

Whether this has occurred here, I don't know.
Here's the stones in question.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/25810fb69303.jpg[/atsimg]

Great thread.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by A boy in a dress]

I dont think this kings norton is the same as the one your thinking of , it is nowhere near chipping norton or the rollright stones........

im thinking nearer moseley etc selly oak

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I was watching The Pyramid Code videos and they were talking about how the same animal headed deities exist in different cutlers. This is true, just look at the Egyptian eagle gods, the sumerians gods, mayan carvings, aztec gods, native american eagle gods etc. They think its because they(the different cultures around the world) saw the same visions while under the influence of entheogenic drugs, and I would agree with that theory. Maybe these animal headed deities actually exist in in the astral or something. Who knows...

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by gambon

I stand corrected, Sir.
I could've swore that Chipping Norton was only around 30
miles South of Kings Norton... It's been a while since I was
over that way.

Sorry again.
my BIAD!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I saw this today , found funny tbh, and sort of related to this...

news.bbc.co.uk...

SO who is the Horse headed human?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Sounds familiar to the Michigan Dogmen, a legend that has been around these parts since long before the white man had settled here. I always found this legend fascinating, as these dogmen are basically supposed to be shapeshifters.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mpriebe81

Hey that sounds interesting folklore , can I find any more about it any where on tnet?, or would michigan dogmen work?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Are you people serious? If you haven't seen it with your own eyes, it's just a story. And a picture would be nice.....

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join